Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

STD PROFILES & INFORMATION

enkai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
STD PROFILES

We people who frequent these boards are in the game of dating, sex, etc...As you all know STDs are a huge factor when it comes to these things, so here are the STD profiles below so you guys can stay safe and live a long and good life, please read them and check if you have anything that resembles the signs and if so see your doctor ASAP, this is no joking matter.

http://www.urologychannel.com/std/index.shtml

Please read and educate yourselves, also if someone is willing to copy and paste the information here, do so...I don't have time.

prosemont

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Excellent link above. See also the following links:

STDS IN GENERAL:
http://www.ashastd.org/

HERPES:
www.herpes.com

HIV:
www.hiv.com

HEPATITIS:
www.hivandhepatitis.com
www.cdc.gov/ncidod/diseases/hepatitis/
http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/hepatitis/

SAFE SEX & CONDOM USAGE:
www.justrubbers.com/info/howtouse.html
www.safersex.org/condoms/howtouseacondom.html
www.plannedparenthood.org/bc/condom.htm
www.avert.org/usecond.htm
www.ashastd.org/stdfaqs/condom_a.html

All sexually active DJs should consider getting a full battery of std tests REGULARLY (which frequency will vary depending on how active you are), including:

1. Blood tests for hiv, herpes 1 & 2, and syphillis;
2. Urinalysis for gonorrhea, chlamydia and other non-gonococcals; and
3. Visual examination for hpv (venereal warts).

CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR OR HEALTH CLINIC FOR MORE INFORMATION. Most locales even have confidential STD clinics, some of which are free.

Always practice safe sex using protection. Know how to use a condom correctly.

Also, consider hepatitis vaccinations.

Last edited:

Jimbo2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Std's

Is it possible for one to gain an STD if neither you nor your partner has had sex/oral sex?

MrNiceGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Std's

Originally posted by Jimbo2k
Is it possible for one to gain an STD if neither you nor your partner has had sex/oral sex?
Yes.

Many diseases can be caught through other means and also transmitted through sexual intercourse...

enkai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah like if she has genital herpes for example or if you have them, and you give each other hand jobs or finger jobs and then tend to touch eachothers mouthrs or so, you can transfer them to be oral herpes.

Jimbo2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yea but, how would someone get genital herpes in the 1st place if they have never had sex/oral sex?

MrNiceGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, I'm not sure about genital herpes, but I know thrush for example can quite easily be caught without any form of intercourse or kissing..

apparently its present in most people but is harmless, but sometimes changes in your body (eg, you are ill, you take certain antibiotics, wear tight underwear or tights) can lead to an outbreak, the full blown infection can then be easily passed to others through sex..

obviously you dont have to have sex to get AIDS either, just contact with infected blood, I think many other diseases can be caught in other ways than just through sex.

although the chances are minimal you cant assume that if you're both virgins you won't catch anything.

Jimbo2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ok, I see...
so even though both partners are virgins and even first oral sex partners, doesnt mean they are not susseptable(sp) to disease? Should they get checked then before engaging in Oral/Intercourse?

enkai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jimbo2k
ok, I see...
so even though both partners are virgins and even first oral sex partners, doesnt mean they are not susseptable(sp) to disease? Should they get checked then before engaging in Oral/Intercourse?
What can happen is, if someone lets say does have herpes, and they touch something and leave it on like a desk, and you or your partner happen to rub your hand on the desk and later on during the day you two have oral/hand sex whatever you call it, it can rub off on the wrong parts thus causing you to get herpes.

Kronic

Reaction score
how long does it take to get the results from an round of STD testing?

prosemont

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kronic
how long does it take to get the results from an round of STD testing?
Depends on where you go and whether they do testing on site or send it out to a lab. Could be anywhere to a couple days to a week or two, depending on the specific test.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is there a national network of free Sexually Transmitte Diesease testing clinics? Anyone know of any? Maybe 'Planned Parenthood'? Everyone should have this info handy, so if any DJs know, please volunteer the information. Thanks.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
another good site to visit is afraidtoask.com

herpes can not be transmitted as easily as enkai described.
herpes both oral and genital is a virus of the skin.
a person infected with herpes would have to break skin whether kissing, sex, rubbing, getting hurt etc to release the virus and another person also has to break skin to catch it.
condoms do not really protect from it however you better be wearing one cause it can help protect it.
some people with herpes do not know they have it because they havent offically had an outbreak. these people are called asytomatic.

another misconception is that oral is on the mouth and that genital is on the genitals. sure thats how it all started but times have changed. a person with oral or type one can give you a blow job and then you have that kind on your genitals.

a person with genital type 2 can let you go down on them and then you have that kind on your mouth.

now they sell oral condoms to try to help ptotect against that.

generally people dont get tested unless they have lost their virginities. after that you just need to be tested for stds at least once a year unless you think you have one then go asap to get tested.

prosemont

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by penkitten
another good site to visit is afraidtoask.com

herpes can not be transmitted as easily as enkai described.
herpes both oral and genital is a virus of the skin.
a person infected with herpes would have to break skin whether kissing, sex, rubbing, getting hurt etc to release the virus and another person also has to break skin to catch it.
condoms do not really protect from it however you better be wearing one cause it can help protect it.
some people with herpes do not know they have it because they havent offically had an outbreak. these people are called asytomatic.

YOU ARE ABSO-FVCKING-LUTELY WRONG. YOU DO NOT NEED TO "BREAK SKIN" TO TRANSMIT OR CONTRACT HERPES.

DO SOME RESEARCH BEFORE YOU START SPOUTING THIS BULLSHIITE.

I SUGGEST YOU SIMPLY CLICK ON ONE OF THE MANY STD SITES ABOVE TO EDUCATE YOURSELF.

prosemont

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i beg to differ with you
You can beg all you want, but that won't make you right.

Take a look around at some sites to educate yourself. It is perfectly possible to get herpes from someone who has NO symptoms (no "break skin" as you put it).

Here's but one quote:

"Can Herpes Be Transmitted Without Symptoms?
Yes! Sometimes those who know they are infected spread the virus between outbreaks, when no signs or symptoms are present. This is called "Asymptomatic Transmission."
Research also shows that herpes simplex infections are often spread by people who don't know they are infected. These people may have symptoms so mild they don't notice them at all or else don't recognize them as herpes.

Many genital herpes infections are spread from persons who are asymptomatic "Shedders" of the virus."

Penkitten, on what basis do you make your statement? Mind backing that up with some medical quote or authority?

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
most people catch herpes within a time span of twenty days from someone who just caught herpes within their twenty days and no one has had time to have an outbreak to know they have it. in which case when you have sex your skin rubs and breaks and so does theirs and you catch the virus.

assymtomatic people are out there however if you visit herpes.com most all chatters on that site will tell you that they are not assymtomatic. i think there is one lady there who states she is assymtomatic.

the rest have outbreaks. and when you have an outbreak is the most cautious time to not touch that area because if your skin breaks where the outbreak is then the virus spreads. alot of them stay medicated and dont infect others.

seems to me maybe you ought to have your doctor call mine to educate you a little more.

you can not catch it from touching like the other guy stated to begin with like touching a pencil and putting it on a desk and someone else picking the pencil up. thats how the common cold is passed not herpes.that is all i was saying to begin with sweetie.

Oscar Wilde

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't use the Fetherlite and other thin brands - I've had them burst before. Use the strongest ones unless you really honestly feel the difference (try 'em at least).

Buy fresh ones, never risk an old one (again, it's just not worth it).

enkai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You know it would be awsome if there was a database of people who have what, so in case you meet someone, you just look them up and wham you know what they got, but this will never work tho.

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i beg to differ with you
Penkitten STFU

Herpes can be transmitted through a towel, through a kiss on the cheek and basically even through a handshake.

Check your fukking sourses. because of this about 99.9 of all population have herpes by the age of 10 or 15. I don't remember exactly, but it's about that much. It's just that most of the herpes strains are mostly harmless.