Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Staying with parents to save money?

captain55

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m 27. My parents are very cool about me bringing women over. They rent a huge house half the time they don’t even know I’m home.

I figure I can stay here until I’m 30 and save an extra 150-250k over a 3 year period I would otherwise spend on food and rent. But I also would be limiting my growth as a person.

To be clear I have had my own place with a woman before on my own. I live in Los Angeles rent is $2000 a month for a small one bedroom it’s a joke. But obviously having your own place has its benefits.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I’m 27. My parents are very cool about me bringing women over. They rent a huge house half the time they don’t even know I’m home.

I figure I can stay here until I’m 30 and save an extra 150-250k over a 3 year period I would otherwise spend on food and rent. But I also would be limiting my growth as a person.

To be clear I have had my own place with a woman before on my own. I live in Los Angeles rent is $2000 a month for a small one bedroom it’s a joke. But obviously having your own place has its benefits.
Really depends. Do you want your parents knowing everything you're doing?

You can house hack, where having one unit for yourself and the second or third as the one who pays your mortgage if rent is that high. Check out Meet Kevin on Youtube. He's a realtor in soCal. His channel and Graham Stefan are based around SoCal real estate.

Wolf.

Reaction score

I’d recommend it if you’ve just started to build your life and definitely good to save some money, get a plan on when you should be moving out, Just plan everything in advance . Good luck brother

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't fall in a comfort trap. Deny yourself something until you hit your threshold you have set for your self to move out. Don't let it be comfortable. That can be alcohol, dating, new vehicles, a new mattress, etc. Too often the cash you are saving living at home gets diverted to something outside the goal.

If your parents are renting that house, why not look for a different house to rent or buy that would be yours with guest quarters where they can stay when they visit?

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You'd have to have a pretty good reason to give up a situation where you can stack a bunch of cash.

What kind of growth do you think you'll be missing out on?

You're only 27, you've plenty of time to chase the ladies. There's no wall in your future.

You can still force some growth without needing to bring ladies home.

I'd be better to start off at 20 with a 1/4 mil than broke with a bunch of fun memories and some vague "growth."

I see little downside to your current situation.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
T_O I respectfully disagree. I think 25 is the deadline for financial independence. If the area one is living in is not conducive to that then the person is young enough to relocate. This attitude of independance weaves inself into out psyche and affects the way we see jobs, bosses, careers, and potential self employment opportunities.

Safety nets are good if you bounce and climb back up the ladder, but if you lay there a while it is hard to get back up...

RickTheToad

Reaction score
You'd have to have a pretty good reason to give up a situation where you can stack a bunch of cash.

What kind of growth do you think you'll be missing out on?

You're only 27, you've plenty of time to chase the ladies. There's no wall in your future.

You can still force some growth without needing to bring ladies home.

I see little downside to your current situation.
Respectfully disagree.

Killakittie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been contemplating this for awhile (Only my sister's house not parents) and it's come down to two things that I can't seem to give up yet.
1: My privacy will basically be gone. No more walking around the house in my boxers or enjoying a quiet evening alone at home.
2: I'll still have to be paying some kind of rent and the savings wouldn't be worth the losses in my privacy and freedom. It'll be someone else's house with their rules..

If you can really stay rent free there then you have to be honest with yourself with why your wanting to move back in. If you have a tight long term plan to save and aquire resources, AND you have a history of setting goals and attaining them then it could be very much worth it. However if that's not the case then you would be holding yourself back.

Self discipline would be the deciding factor in this decision.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been contemplating this for awhile (Only my sister's house not parents)
There is a whole different dynamic at work here, unless your sister raised you.
But there is a difference between "being roommates with my sister, or renting a room from my sister"