Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Stay at home Dad

Fireballs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My gf is a highly paid Doctor and asked me the other night if I would consider becoming a stay at home Dad. It caught me a bit off guard and I just said I would have to think about it/talk about it more. I earn good money too but obviously she earns more and she isn't the type to rub it in or anything immature like that. We are getting into the stage of ''what's mine is yours'' ie. joining accounts (initiated by her).

Would you do it? Have you done it?

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
Leave the pegging to zarky mate

Are we still letting chicks dress up and play doctor? Even after the whole less work, less hours, less productivity thing?

Anyway if I was a chick and some herb took my (chick) advice and fully embraced my sex role reversal proposal I'd bring two dudes home to double team me and make that weak Western statistic watch just out of principal. And I don't even have thousands of years of inbuilt hypergamic impulses like that poor b!tch.

I'm sure the barrage of "equalist" fairies will deny it but she will consciously/subconsciously end up resenting you and you will end up on the front page of cuck weekly. For memory I think Roissy has some data on "stay at home dads", and it wasn't encouraging.

Zunder

Banned
Reaction score
Fireballs said:
My gf is a highly paid Doctor and asked me the other night if I would consider becoming a stay at home Dad. It caught me a bit off guard and I just said I would have to think about it/talk about it more. I earn good money too but obviously she earns more and she isn't the type to rub it in or anything immature like that. We are getting into the stage of ''what's mine is yours'' ie. joining accounts (initiated by her).

Is this a wind up? Seriously.
If you are for real you are going to hammered on this forum mate, and it would be fully deserved.

MOTU

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, in case you are serious, I'll give a serious answer.

While on one hand that would be tempting as it makes rational sense and might be best for the house hold as a whole, I think it would be hard to do and still maintain attraction with her, let alone your status as head of household or "captian". I strongly suggest that you read the Married Man Sex Primer by Athol Kay.

That being said, I have a buddy who's wife got offered a gig in Alaska making a ridiculous sum of money for an 18month temporary assignment. At the time, their two boys were 5 and 7. They decided to go and for my buddy to stay home with them.... He spent the time teaching them to hunt, fish and do other manly things, as well as finishing up his MBA. I think he got away with this because he has no lack of natural alpha, he didn't become a housewife, and he did it by choice, and he was never dependent on her.

Maximummax

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
so you are going to change your username from fireballs to softballs mate?

My honest opinion: never do that. instead hire a maid to do that.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Fire Balls,
An interesting situation....I would be tempted,it is,or could be,a complete role reversal,one where the Family Court would smile on you...Keep us all posted on this!

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MOTU said:
OP, While on one hand that would be tempting as it makes rational sense and might be best for the house hold as a whole, I think it would be hard to do and still maintain attraction with her, let alone your status as head of household or "captian".
I would have to agree with the above comments. He(or she in your case) who has the gold wins! Don't for one minute think she won't have the upper hand. Women typically don't handle that roll very well either. Everything might be great now, but what happens when things are no longer exciting and new and she isn't as into you as she once was?

Also what happens 5yrs from now when you are divorced? Career, Savings, Investments? US Courts don't rule in the mans favor regardless of the circumstances.

logicallefty

Reaction score
:eek:

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fireballs said:

ask yourself this, would you prefer a stay at home mom or one who also work and help you with the bills? also are you ok for asking her for money? like you used to do with your mom?

I also wouldn't make joint accounts, having seperate account would be better for you in the long run, also the way world is nowadays can you be sure, 100% sure she will never get fired or dump you? things can get hard in the future so I would still be working, and I would ask ehr one thing though are you sure you want to get pregnent then drop the kid in someone else lap, just to say I have a kid?

mangotot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Funny one. Does staying at home and looking after the kids mean, life is a breeze? If it means an easy life, maybe you should go for it?

A few yard ago, I would have loved the idea of the Mrs being the bread winner and me staying at home. But now hell no. I am the alpha male and I do all the hunting in my environment, no one else.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have to be an EXTREMELY secure dude to pull it off and have an equally secure wife. Both of you have to truly not give a fvck about what your families, friends, and aszholes on the internet might think. Otherwise you or her will end up messing it up. My brother was married to a lawyer and he took time off from his engineering job to raise their son. He ended up cheating on his wife with several women who ate his dad-ness up and, while he didn't come right out and say it, I think he was trying to prove to himself he was still a man.

Most of us aren't all that secure.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
That's quite the oxymoron

FairShake said:
You have to be an EXTREMELY secure dude to pull it off and have an equally secure wife.

Most of us aren't all that secure.
lulz at peppering your post with only an "EXTREEEEEEEME" type of man can pull it off then in the same paragraph pushing the modern day "equalist" narrative of confusing women with men, an ideology adopted by a sea of weak Western mangina's currently being taken to the cleaners. :crazy:

FairShake said:
and aszholes on the internet might think.
http://mpcdot.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/anim-hurr.gif

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So, you are asking us if having a relationship where your wife control all of the money and the all p@ssy is a good idea..... and you can't figure that out for yourself? I'd KEEP your job, unless you want your b@lls in her purse. Then when she get's tired of your "stay at home" act.... she drops you for a doctor

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So if you guys make all this money why you cant afford a baby sitter ?
if you become sit at home dad you will loose a big chuck of your power and you will gradually become very very beta .

logicallefty

Reaction score
All I could say about this thread earlier was :eek: because I was in a hurry, but can respond now.

My step brother did this. Was with a woman who brought home all the bacon and was a stay at home dad. He didn't work, took care of the house and all that. Ditched all his friends slowly over the years. Life was still grand until, dun..dun..duuunnnn.. She cheated on him. So he filed for divorce last summer. Got full custody of the kid, got child support, got the house that he built most of with his bare hands, even got alimony from the c\|/nt. A man getting alimony, almost unheard of, right?

So what's the catch?

Yeah he is set financially, sure. But he is also depressed as fvck. Can't find work near his town (Northern Wisconsin). Stuck with the house thats too big for two people, can't sell it. About ready to go nutz. Nobody will hire him because he has been out of the workforce for so long.

Sounds all find and dandy at first being a stay at home dad, but it's not for me. Maybe it's for you. To each their own.

KingBeef

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sodbuster said:
So, you are asking us if having a relationship where your wife control all of the money and the all p@ssy is a good idea..... and you can't figure that out for yourself? I'd KEEP your job, unless you want your b@lls in her purse. Then when she get's tired of your "stay at home" act.... she drops you for a doctor
^^^ THIS... DO NOT CASTRATE YOURSELF FOR NO ONE....Or she will find another man, eventually. Find other options like a nanny or taking less hours at work, if possible...