Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

status trumps masculinity

SmoothSmooth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
masculinity is overrated in modern seduction advice.
in my experience the most prolific seducers often have a heavy feminine side to them (think guys like mystery, russel brand).

non negotiable masculine traits that are essential in attraction - confidence, social boldness ambition, high self esteem and positive self image, lack of negative emotions/anxiety

'masculine frame' however is more about status than masculinity - act like you have higher social value = 'masculine' frame.

infact many traditionally masculine traits are anti-seductive - the rigid, stoic, mature, disciplined man will be less attractive than the impulsive, hedonistic, 'childlike' man

having good social skills and a wide social network is a feminine characteristic yet one of the most important things for attraction (most men are naturally lone wolves, introspective and more inclined towards autistic personalities)

status, social circle, designer clothes, style, looks, location, peacocking with jewelry, haircut, conversational skills all matter way more than masculinity (beyond confidence/ambition)

the narcissistic pretty boys and charming socialites are the highest smv men that experience abdunance. not the brolic gym bros or stoic businessmen/community leaders.

i know plenty of good looking rugged gym bros that cant pull attractive women. women would rather **** a club promoter/bartender than a weight lifter.

traditional masculine traits are seen as boring ...and only become important when shes looking to settle down with a beta male provider (the traits are exploited for her gain...stability, hard work etc).

instead of going down the 'alpha' rabbit hole, men just need to improve their social intelligence and social networks to experience abundance with women. being the friend of a hot girls sister does more for your chances of ****ing the hot girl, than studying how to be alpha

Last edited:

SmoothSmooth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on if you’re targeting thots or quality women
women in their prime smv years dont give af about ur masculinity. its all about who you know, who knows you, how hot you are, your image/perception and your social skills

SmoothSmooth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
charm is a feminine trait and is probably the most important thing in seduction.
mid-long curly hair is a feminine trait but will skyrocket your smv, where as baldness (masculine trait) will often lower it

if masculinity was attractive in itself then most men would not be struggling with abundance.

SmoothSmooth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it has also been shown most women are bisexual to some degree

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends on which subset of women you’re looking to attract.
Usually the more well-balanced women will go for traditionally masculine traits but with a pinch of gentleness thrown in.
I chose to shoot for “Refined Renaissance Man” and it has served me well. For me, the perfect balance has been a mysterious mix of traditional masculinity with a friendly gentleman vibe. That net caught the most fish. But along with that friendly gentleman vibe I project a scary “you REALLY don’t want to f with me” vibe. If a man can pull that off, he will find himself attracting the higher-quality women. It filters out the common thots and bar skanks and also the druggie motorcycle chicks (and I do ride a Harley).
It always boils down to a mix of appearing both safe and slightly scary.

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends on which subset of women you’re looking to attract.
Usually the more well-balanced women will go for traditionally masculine traits but with a pinch of gentleness thrown in.
I chose to shoot for “Refined Renaissance Man” and it has served me well. For me, the perfect balance has been a mysterious mix of traditional masculinity with a friendly gentleman vibe. That net caught the most fish. But along with that friendly gentleman vibe I project a scary “you REALLY don’t want to f with me” vibe. If a man can pull that off, he will find himself attracting the higher-quality women. It filters out the common thots and bar skanks and also the druggie motorcycle chicks (and I do ride a Harley).
It always boils down to a mix of appearing both safe and slightly scary.
Translation: the 28 year old+ demographic

SmoothSmooth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You think these 2 have a strong feminine side? I would have to disagree with that.

You need both for normal women.
yes both mystery and russel brand have a camp metrosexual demeanour, long hair and skinny bodies. the 'cute' guy in Yeezy's, has more social appeal than the rugged 'alpha' tough guy (he just scares women with his no bullsh*t act). subconsciously, tough 'hard' guys are seen as low status and come from the hood. women are attracted to status - lifestyle, luxury, culture etc

you will pull more girls at a fancy spa than at a gym

there IS a subset of women for every man, so SOME women will go for the masculine 'dont f with me' type. but they usually arent the hot 21 year old university girl type. more so, the narcissistic/social reject woman who gets a power trip from her man intimidating others

Last edited:

SmoothSmooth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a good example is Zak Bia, who dated Madison Beer, Olivia Rodrigo and Madelyn Cline...probably the highest smv women in the world right now

SmoothSmooth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hot girls will always go for the 'trendy guys' ...alot of these guys are addicted to tiktok, binge watch the 'in' netflix shows, dyed hair and eat at fancy restaurants....nothing masculine about that, but they are 'coooool' and live a comfy life

Last edited:

espanish

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
if masculinity was attractive in itself then most men would not be struggling with abundance.
so you believe most men are masculine. it's very rare that I will see a masculine man. go listen to justin biber's voice. don't look at him, just listen to his voice. does he sound like a 5 year old or a man with testonsterone? go listen to adam sandler. does he sound like a man or a woman? listen to back street boys. that blonde guy, I dont know his name. sounds like britney spear, no testosterone. turn on the tv and watch any movie. do the men sound like men or women?

SmoothSmooth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so you believe most men are masculine. it's very rare that I will see a masculine man. go listen to justin biber's voice. don't look at him, just listen to his voice. does he sound like a 5 year old or a man with testonsterone? go listen to adam sandler. does he sound like a man or a woman? listen to back street boys. that blonde guy, I dont know his name. sounds like britney spear, no testosterone. turn on the tv and watch any movie. do the men sound like men or women?

have you been to the hood? lots of hyper masculine men with deep voices...doesnt mean theyre getting laid
life is a popularity contest for young hot girls, and theyre going to chase the most popular guy.

the last thing that makes a guy popular in hot circles is his voice or 'alphaness'...

its how you look, who you know, notoriety, how you dress, what you do/are you known for anything cool
behaviourly its just being non needy and not boring
thats all there is to attraction
most guys on these forums problems would be completely fixed by just having a cooler personality, cooler style and cooler lifestyle

if a girl is single and rejects a man - its because she thinks shes cooler than him

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
masculinity is overrated in modern seduction advice.
in my experience the most prolific seducers often have a heavy feminine side to them (think guys like mystery, russel brand).

non negotiable masculine traits that are essential in attraction - confidence, social boldness ambition, high self esteem and positive self image, lack of negative emotions/anxiety

'masculine frame' however is more about status than masculinity - act like you have higher social value = 'masculine' frame.

infact many traditionally masculine traits are anti-seductive - the rigid, stoic, mature, disciplined man will be less attractive than the impulsive, hedonistic, 'childlike' man

having good social skills and a wide social network is a feminine characteristic yet one of the most important things for attraction (most men are naturally lone wolves, introspective and more inclined towards autistic personalities)

status, social circle, designer clothes, style, looks, location, peacocking with jewelry, haircut, conversational skills all matter way more than masculinity (beyond confidence/ambition)

the narcissistic pretty boys and charming socialites are the highest smv men that experience abdunance. not the brolic gym bros or stoic businessmen/community leaders.

i know plenty of good looking rugged gym bros that cant pull attractive women. women would rather **** a club promoter/bartender than a weight lifter.

traditional masculine traits are seen as boring ...and only become important when shes looking to settle down with a beta male provider (the traits are exploited for her gain...stability, hard work etc).

instead of going down the 'alpha' rabbit hole, men just need to improve their social intelligence and social networks to experience abundance with women. being the friend of a hot girls sister does more for your chances of ****ing the hot girl, than studying how to be alpha
This depends on the country. In Korea everyone is obsessed with status, in the USA it's money.

SmoothHendrixPS2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just being "Masculine" doesn't get the job done. In the eyes of a women, an ALPHA male is a man who is erotically dominant, has high masculine sex appeal, possesses a smooth and persuasive mouthpiece (verbal seduction game),is unapologetically promiscuous, and extremely self assured. These are masculine traits that you failed to mention. All of the traits you listed are masculine traits that don't necessarily make someone ALPHA. The "feminine" guys you mentioned may appear to have feminine traits but they still can possess the ALPHA traits that I mention above.

I agree that social skills, status, money, all help with attracting women. But you need to understand that being masculine is just a trait of being Alpha. There are many masculine men who aren't alpha. While there are few Alphas who aren't masculine (many celebrities and rich people can be an exception).

Deranged

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post, really gets the hamster wheel turning. I agree masculinity is overrated in modern seduction advice. But just because that may be the current rhetoric, doesn't mean it's a virtuous pursuit. Hyper-masculine men will always be the top spot, the most desirable by everyone. They are the most capable, and he who is most capable should be put in charge.
The current and non-natural attraction to more feminine traits is likely part in due to these men being very rare and/or hiding their power level due to the current social atmosphere designed by the 1% alphas. The pendulum likely will swing back in our lifetimes and Hyper-masculinity will, again, be the most desirable trait. This is why it's so important to preserve this character trait.

Epicwinguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I bet accountants get more/better ass than plumbers

SmoothSmooth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just being "Masculine" doesn't get the job done. In the eyes of a women, an ALPHA male is a man who is erotically dominant, has high masculine sex appeal, possesses a smooth and persuasive mouthpiece (verbal seduction game),is unapologetically promiscuous, and extremely self assured. These are masculine traits that you failed to mention. All of the traits you listed are masculine traits that don't necessarily make someone ALPHA. The "feminine" guys you mentioned may appear to have feminine traits but they still can possess the ALPHA traits that I mention above.

I agree that social skills, status, money, all help with attracting women. But you need to understand that being masculine is just a trait of being Alpha. There are many masculine men who aren't alpha. While there are few Alphas who aren't masculine (many celebrities and rich people can be an exception).
i agree with this 1000% but you can substitute the word 'alpha' for 'high status' as my post suggests. all those traits are associated with a high status male. status leads to confidence; self assuredness, calm/cool demeanour and good verbal skills