Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Starting to think solo is best!

Demonicale

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Any of you guy's in here get abit pissed off with your nerdy loser friends when you go out?.

I'm starting to think it's better to get out there on your own! .. i mean, my friends are all very conservative and are'nt very confident and it's starting to really get to me.

Just wonder if anyone else is having the same problem?.. ditch the friends and go solo and risk being judged a guy with no mates .. or stick with the losers?.

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You will be as successful as the average of your 5 closest friends.

This is true for all areas of life, including dating. Wanna get successful with women? Surround yourself with people who are already there.

PDubb75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm with you. My "main" group of friends (including my roommate) is married couples, LTRs, or complete AFCs that show no interest in looking for girls.

Once or twice a week I hang with this other group of 3 (sometimes 4) single guys. One of them is pretty good with getting girls, another is "good" in the sense he gets girls (4's and 5's on my scale, however). The other two have not only c0ckblocked me a few times, but they are just so horrible in social situations.

So, my 2 main choices are... do nothing with the married/AFC people... or go out with some good wingmen, and some that cancel that out.

I don't like going alone. I can't get into a rhythm. I think a lot of this could be because I am still new at all of this, so I don't have as many strategies worked out for going at it alone.

Personally, I think it's best to go with friends. Sometimes you can break away from them for a bit. But other times, you can kinda use them to your advantage, depending on what the conversation is.

cablecow15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ive had that before , it pisses me off! i had two of my friends by me and i told them to wait while i go try to talk to this girl , i was gonna try some little game opener asking which on of use looked older , when i turned around my friends booked , I was so pissed I looked like a jack ass. It was my first cold approach i got her number tho , but nothing came of it , was prolly my fault i texted her right after to make sure the number was real , i was surprised that i got her real number after such a embarrassing approach. i say bring your friends , but dont use them , just put them to shame

Demonicale

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not sure, i'm out in like an hour and still unsure ... I've found i'm more confident on my own LOL

Deicide

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm out by myself a lot, and 99 % of my gaming involves just me and another girl or two. So, if you don't mind eating at restaraunts by yourself, going to the movies by yourself, or other places where groups tend to congregate, then you should be fine. The downside to all of this is that your initial perceived social value is probably going to be lower than the guy with his group of friends. Still, there's freedom in it. It gives you all sorts of oportunities to approach and game waitresses among other women.

1 Bad Dude

Don Juan
Reaction score
Solo is the worst way to go. Unless you're like a badass biker or some heavy weight type that intimidates by default then solo should be avoided. Not saying those are the only tough guys out there but you'll catch more flack from c0ckblockers by being solo than with a crew or even just a wingman. Me and my boys used to go everywhere like twenty deep and atleast half of us scored most of the time.

Get a wingman and make sure they know whats up. Spell things out if you have to. First, new girls, you help him and he helps you. No c0ckblocking of each other. No butthurt tantrums for gaming chicks the other one likes but was to pvssy to call out beforehand. Second, callouts, your boy calls a girl he likes then you respect it. Period. Third, outsiders, someone starts some sh!t with you or is trying to c0ckblock you, you step up and put it down. Back each other up without question. Lastly, accommadations, You run blocker for him and him for you. Anything you need, a place to bang a chick or she's got a friend who needs attention, you man up and provide.

So much crap to deal with that solo is the worst way to go. In my opinion anyway.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1 Bad Dude said:
Solo is the worst way to go. Unless you're like a badass biker or some heavy weight type that intimidates by default then solo should be avoided. Not saying those are the only tough guys out there but you'll catch more flack from c0ckblockers by being solo than with a crew or even just a wingman. Me and my boys used to go everywhere like twenty deep and atleast half of us scored most of the time.

Get a wingman and make sure they know whats up. Spell things out if you have to. First, new girls, you help him and he helps you. No c0ckblocking of each other. No butthurt tantrums for gaming chicks the other one likes but was to pvssy to call out beforehand. Second, callouts, your boy calls a girl he likes then you respect it. Period. Third, outsiders, someone starts some sh!t with you or is trying to c0ckblock you, you step up and put it down. Back each other up without question. Lastly, accommadations, You run blocker for him and him for you. Anything you need, a place to bang a chick or she's got a friend who needs attention, you man up and provide.

So much crap to deal with that solo is the worst way to go. In my opinion anyway.

:rolleyes: Going solo is only the worst way to go if your not comfortable and confident enough to go out by yourself.

Ive spoken many times in the pass on here and on my blog that going solo is the best thing you can do for your game? why?

1. You have to approach--you can be the creeper playing the wall or the socially alpha guy, talking to people at the bar, cracking jokes, and flirting with the women

2. No conflict--My most epic moments in the field have been when i went out by myself, make outs, insta-date, 3 somes etc. Sometimes your wing can be a ****blck not on purpose but because the chick you talking to might be attracted to him more

Going out solo is for guys who wanna advanced, Ive gone out tons of time solo never got into a fight, never got fccked with etc

magickarl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It sounds to me like you just need to stop hanging around losers.

I'm not pointing any fingers, but they say the way people percieve you is as a culmination of your five closest associates. Five losers equals one hell of a loser.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Solomon said:
Sometimes your wing can be a ****blck not on purpose but because the chick you talking to might be attracted to him more
I've been saying that for a long time. Most wingmen are not INTENTIONALLY trying to ****block you or steal your girl, but when the girl sees both of you, she will NATURALLY compare you to him. I don't care how ALPHA you are (or think you area), if your wingman is more her physical type, you're toast. It's game over, at least with her.

Even if your wingman is your best buddy and you two swear up and down that it's NOT a competition, on some level it will always be a competition, because the girls are evaluating both of you.

At least if you are alone, but not EXACTLY her physical type (but look decent), you have a chance to game her and possibly succeed. But if you are NOT her type or just marginally her type, and your wingman is a better fit for her physically, you're done.

RSanders219

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, i hear you with the friends part. All of my friends from my hometown lack confidence to the extreme. It's ridiculous, then they try to judge me for talking to girls that I don't know at a bar or just walking down the street and say it's "creepy".

I guess that's the difference between getting laid and masturbating to thoughts of your ex while you cry yourself to sleep.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
RSanders219 said:
Dude, i hear you with the friends part. All of my friends from my hometown lack confidence to the extreme. It's ridiculous, then they try to judge me for talking to girls that I don't know at a bar or just walking down the street and say it's "creepy".

I guess that's the difference between getting laid and masturbating to thoughts of your ex while you cry yourself to sleep.
Finally, I don't like putting on a "show" for another guy. When a wingman says, "Let's see what you can do...", that is usually when I get too in my head (ie nervous or self-conscious) and fall flat on my face. When I'm alone, it's just me, my game, and the ladies. I can focus better without the bs.

Like I said in another post, going out alone is NOT the optimal situation. Some people WILL consider you weird or creepy. But you can't worry about that. Still in all, my best and biggest successes were when I was alone.

sstype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the whole concept of having a wingman is played out and overrated. I never had women dogging me or looking at me weird for being by myself (if it happened, no more frequent than when I was with someone) They all thought it was cool that I could hold my own.

In fact, all my successes were from solo approaches at bars/clubs, whereas, my nights with "wingmen" ALWAYS ended up being a failure. Not having to worry about your friend ruining the interaction or holding you back due to their insecurities makes it way easier for me to relax and run solid game.

So unless you have really competent guys at your side, solo is the way to go.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sstype said:
I think the whole concept of having a wingman is played out and overrated. I never had women dogging me or looking at me weird for being by myself (if it happened, no more frequent than when I was with someone) They all thought it was cool that I could hold my own.

In fact, all my successes were from solo approaches at bars/clubs, whereas, my nights with "wingmen" ALWAYS ended up being a failure. Not having to worry about your friend ruining the interaction or holding you back due to their insecurities makes it way easier for me to relax and run solid game.

So unless you have really competent guys at your side, solo is the way to go.
^This.

Sh0t

Don Juan
Reaction score
Solo is the best way, if you can do it. Nobody thinks you are weird, that is nonsense.

When I go out solo, I go to all the spots I would go to otherwise. Same bars, same clubs, same events, etc. Nothing changes.

If you want to hit up dance floors and game, solo is the best way. Any other way is awkward imo.