Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

Starting college - advice?

TomN

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 1, 2003
Messages
78
Reaction score
1
Age
41
Location
Washington
College is starting in a couple weeks, and while I'm very excited about leaving home and moving into the dorms have no idea what to expect. How should I go about making introductions? Is there a certain etiquette involved? Where are the best places to meet new people?

I've thought about just walking up to others dorm rooms and knocking but have no idea what to say. Should I just say something like "Hi, just wanted to introduce myself, I'm Tom." Maybe it'll be easier when I actually get there, or maybe I'm just thinking into it too much, either way any advice will be appreciated.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 7, 2001
Messages
5,511
Reaction score
10
You don't have to think too hard. Find some things around college to do (for me, that would be playing pool) and you'll find people there. You'll also meet people in class, the dining area, and walking around. Just a simple "Hey, I'm Tom," works. If they are nice, they will say who they are. If not...Ah well.

Just relax and have fun! :)

Good luck too.
 

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 2, 2004
Messages
1,341
Reaction score
14
If you make friends with a lot of people from your dorm chances are they will already know some girls that go to the school. That can be a great way to meet people. Also if you pledge a fraternity, you will have socials with sororities often. Fraternities are not as horrible as the media and hollywood movies make them out to be. Classes aren't the best way of meeting girls as many go in their own clicks, but if your smooth enough if could work out I suppose. Make friends with the girls in the dorms below you. Many times they will leave their doors propped. Just go with a few buddies from your dorm, go down there and say hi. Make sure you do this in the first few weeks of school so it doesnt seem too weird though.
 

true|hockey

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 5, 2003
Messages
153
Reaction score
0
Many times they will leave their doors propped.

The is the single best advice you can take to college with you. An open door is an invitation to meet new people, so it is easy to meet new people. Its especially easy freshmen year since everyone is new.

I still remember, very well, all those kids I met on Day 1 at college. Likewise, I assure you that you will remember your first day for the rest of your days.

have fun:D
 

KiInCollege

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Messages
424
Reaction score
3
Location
USA, Graduated Already - old screen name!
Find out what day College Night is for the clubs around the area. College is a gold mine for meeting women. Start out right and build your network of friends.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

TomN

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 1, 2003
Messages
78
Reaction score
1
Age
41
Location
Washington
How should one go about meeting chicks, or anyone for that matter if they have their door propped. Just walk in and say I thought I'd introduce myself. Seems a bit forward almost.
 

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 2, 2004
Messages
1,341
Reaction score
14
Go with a group of friends, don't go alone. Say your from the floor above or something (assuming you are) and just start conversation. They will be looking to meet new people also in teh first few weeks. Its not forward at all, b/c everyone is trying to build a friends network. If you can build friends with the girls floor you are on a goldmine of ass. THink about it if you were in her shoes. You have your door propped in your room, and your hanging out on the third or four day of college. Some people from the floor below walk into your room and they tell you they're checking out the floors above. You introduce yourself and start conversation (whether they are male or female it doesnt matter). You all are new so nobody thinks its weird. Think about it. I did it my freshman year, and Im a junior now. It works. just trust me.
 
Top