Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Starting college - advice?

TomN

Don Juan
Reaction score
College is starting in a couple weeks, and while I'm very excited about leaving home and moving into the dorms have no idea what to expect. How should I go about making introductions? Is there a certain etiquette involved? Where are the best places to meet new people?

I've thought about just walking up to others dorm rooms and knocking but have no idea what to say. Should I just say something like "Hi, just wanted to introduce myself, I'm Tom." Maybe it'll be easier when I actually get there, or maybe I'm just thinking into it too much, either way any advice will be appreciated.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't have to think too hard. Find some things around college to do (for me, that would be playing pool) and you'll find people there. You'll also meet people in class, the dining area, and walking around. Just a simple "Hey, I'm Tom," works. If they are nice, they will say who they are. If not...Ah well.

Just relax and have fun! :)

Good luck too.

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you make friends with a lot of people from your dorm chances are they will already know some girls that go to the school. That can be a great way to meet people. Also if you pledge a fraternity, you will have socials with sororities often. Fraternities are not as horrible as the media and hollywood movies make them out to be. Classes aren't the best way of meeting girls as many go in their own clicks, but if your smooth enough if could work out I suppose. Make friends with the girls in the dorms below you. Many times they will leave their doors propped. Just go with a few buddies from your dorm, go down there and say hi. Make sure you do this in the first few weeks of school so it doesnt seem too weird though.

true|hockey

Don Juan
Reaction score
Many times they will leave their doors propped.

The is the single best advice you can take to college with you. An open door is an invitation to meet new people, so it is easy to meet new people. Its especially easy freshmen year since everyone is new.

I still remember, very well, all those kids I met on Day 1 at college. Likewise, I assure you that you will remember your first day for the rest of your days.

have fun:D

KiInCollege

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
USA, Graduated Already - old screen name!
Find out what day College Night is for the clubs around the area. College is a gold mine for meeting women. Start out right and build your network of friends.

TomN

Don Juan
Reaction score
How should one go about meeting chicks, or anyone for that matter if they have their door propped. Just walk in and say I thought I'd introduce myself. Seems a bit forward almost.

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go with a group of friends, don't go alone. Say your from the floor above or something (assuming you are) and just start conversation. They will be looking to meet new people also in teh first few weeks. Its not forward at all, b/c everyone is trying to build a friends network. If you can build friends with the girls floor you are on a goldmine of ass. THink about it if you were in her shoes. You have your door propped in your room, and your hanging out on the third or four day of college. Some people from the floor below walk into your room and they tell you they're checking out the floors above. You introduce yourself and start conversation (whether they are male or female it doesnt matter). You all are new so nobody thinks its weird. Think about it. I did it my freshman year, and Im a junior now. It works. just trust me.