"She Liked You in March. It's October Now."

Attraction runs on a clock.

She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.

The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."

One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.

Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.

Read more...

Starting a relation - cutting off my **** buddies

Trance

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
590
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Location
Portugal
2 weeks ago i had a click with one chick, we both felt a big climate rising between the two of us, we hadnt talk much before. So i invited her for a cofee, and next day to my place. At my place i made a move, and went for a kiss but she didnt went along, she was feeling very nervous. Anyway it was more of a physical atraction at that point. We kept dating for a week, hugging and almost kissing but still no kiss sessions, and that was making me crazy (in a good way), but i knew she had had some disapointments with guys before and that she wanted to be more sure of my intentions.

So during that week, i went out, i PU a girl in a club and it was nice. Next day my f.uck buddy called me and i went to her place. But after i left her place, i was thinking like... This was a good time, but actually didnt mean ****... And suddenly i was missing the other girl..

This weekend me and the girl i like had a crazy saturday night, we kissed crazy, and ended up almost making it in the stairs of the hall of my building, really intense ****..

Its been almost a year since my last LTR, and i had lots of girls and fun, and now im missing that last call of the day to that special one. And im feeling something special for this girl, so we are starting a relation, we are both totally into eachother.


But now the thing is... What should i do with my **** buddy? This girl is totally into having sex with me, wants to have it 2 times a week with me, and she's very good in what she does, but i dont wanna do it because i like the other girl a lot.

Gosh... This made me realize that once you have it frequently, it isnt that important to you anymore..
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2002
Messages
5,550
Reaction score
18
Age
47
Location
Hiding in Penkitten's Linen Closet
Okay, so you're giving up these other girls, including a f*ck buddy, for a girl you haven't even kissed yet? Did I get that right?
 

BGMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 14, 2001
Messages
1,286
Reaction score
1
Age
45
Location
Minneapolis, MN
Originally posted by Trance
2 weeks ago i had a click with one chick, we both felt a big climate rising between the two of us, we hadnt talk much before. So i invited her for a cofee, and next day to my place. At my place i made a move, and went for a kiss but she didnt went along, she was feeling very nervous. Anyway it was more of a physical atraction at that point. We kept dating for a week, hugging and almost kissing but still no kiss sessions, and that was making me crazy (in a good way), but i knew she had had some disapointments with guys before and that she wanted to be more sure of my intentions.
Dump her. She's just blowing smoke at you and doesn't really want to kiss you.

Originally posted by Trance
So during that week, i went out, i PU a girl in a club and it was nice. Next day my f.uck buddy called me and i went to her place. But after i left her place, i was thinking like... This was a good time, but actually didnt mean ****... And suddenly i was missing the other girl..

This weekend we had a crazy saturday night, we kissed crazy, and ended up almost making it in the stairs of the hall of my building, really intense ****..

Its been almost a year since my last LTR, and i had lots of girls and fun, and now im missing that last call of the day to that special one. And im feeling something special for this girl, so we are starting a relation, we are both totally into eachother.


But now the thing is... What should i do with my **** buddy? This girl is totally into having sex with me, wants to have it 2 times a week with me, and she's very good in what she does, but i dont wanna do it because i like the other girl a lot.

Gosh... This made me realize that once you have it frequently, it isnt that important to you anymore..
Keep this girl. She actually likes you. NEXT the first girl's a$$.

BGMan
 

Trance

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
590
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Location
Portugal
No no, when i said:

This weekend we had a crazy saturday night, we kissed crazy, and ended up almost making it in the stairs of the hall of my building, really intense ****..
this was with the girl i like!
im gona edit so that its clear this was with the new girl.
 

BGMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 14, 2001
Messages
1,286
Reaction score
1
Age
45
Location
Minneapolis, MN
Well, you've only known the girl you like for two weeks. In that case, just continue to go out with her until she asks to become exclusive. It's way too early to get exclusive with any girl yet, IMHO.

I mean, think about it. What if a couple weeks down the road, the girl you like started getting really moody and distant? Or started cheating on you? You would have dropped your "fvck buddy" for nothing.

BGMan
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Mr. Mystery II

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
214
Reaction score
0
I've lost a few girls I really liked because I continued to hit the field. You might lose a girl you really like if you try to play it too cool. I know I have.

Now when I meet a girl I like, I let her know I'm digging her, ask if shes dating any others. Then I explain that I like her, but I'm dating others, explain that if she can handle that I'd like to keep seeing her, and if not, then sorry.

This way I keep everything out in the open. I don't have to worry about lying or being caught. I try to be as honest as possible, but thats just me.

Mr. Mystery
 

Trance

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
590
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Location
Portugal
I'll call HB to my new girl and FB to the f.uck buddy so that its clear who i am talking about.

Well, i know the HB for like 3/4 months, but i had hardly talked with her, only a couple times when i saw her in the weekends. I liked her from the 1st time, but there wasnt any click, and that happened 2 weeks ago.

I think i'm indiferent at this point about my FB because i know that if anything goes wrong with this new girl, i can go back to my usual life style and replace her easy.

After saturday, i've been with the HB today also, and she's as into me as i am into me, and she wants a relation too. I think it will be smooth sailing.


I havent talked with the FB this week, so she doesnt have a clue. She's always asking if im sleeping with other girls, cause she seen me in the club a couple times making out. Maybe i'll still be with her for like 2 weeks to see how's it going with this HB, and for her to tell me clearly that she wants exclusive.
 

Trance

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
590
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Location
Portugal
Haven't talked to my FB yet about it, what would u guys do?
 

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 15, 2004
Messages
11,680
Reaction score
4,874
Keep the "girl you like" strictly on a dating level for a minimum of two months. Let her prove to you that she's worth keeping around for any extended amount of time. Only time will tell you if she's worth it. I've had women flake on me within 1 1/2 months. Keep your options open until time proves that she's worth it.

So far, the "girl you like" has filled your needs for compatibility. She hasn't filled your needs sexually, your F buddy is still doing that. Keep your F buddy around at least until the "girl you like" fills that need.
 
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
366
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Mr. Mystery II
I've lost a few girls I really liked because I continued to hit the field. You might lose a girl you really like if you try to play it too cool. I know I have.

Now when I meet a girl I like, I let her know I'm digging her, ask if shes dating any others. Then I explain that I like her, but I'm dating others, explain that if she can handle that I'd like to keep seeing her, and if not, then sorry.

This way I keep everything out in the open. I don't have to worry about lying or being caught. I try to be as honest as possible, but thats just me.

Mr. Mystery
very true and perfect,
also,
to poster,
dont drop ur **** buddy, if u think this thing with that first chick is becoming serious, then talk with ur **** buddy and tell her u wanna tone it down to like once a week at most because u are getting into a ltr with this other girl


BUT DONT DO THIS UNTIL U ****ED GIRL #1
otherwise ur just losing out.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
366
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Desdinova
Keep the "girl you like" strictly on a dating level for a minimum of two months. Let her prove to you that she's worth keeping around for any extended amount of time. Only time will tell you if she's worth it. I've had women flake on me within 1 1/2 months. Keep your options open until time proves that she's worth it.

So far, the "girl you like" has filled your needs for compatibility. She hasn't filled your needs sexually, your F buddy is still doing that. Keep your F buddy around at least until the "girl you like" fills that need.
ah u got that in ahead of me :)
 

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 4, 2004
Messages
5,307
Reaction score
343
Age
58
Location
Nevada
My advice?

Spin more plates. This girl and the FB is still only 2 chicks. The first girl's initial reaction seemed to me like uncertainty and lack of complete interest. Later on she's ready to go - almost? C'mon, all that means is you weren't her first priority and a better prospect dried up. You'll do, but even then she's non-committal with intimacy.

Spin more plates, it's all about prospects and you've already got a FB.
 

Trance

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
590
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Location
Portugal
This HB is so crazy and so hot... Today we made it in a public alley, it was raining, and we were doing it there, ****ing unbelievable!!
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Trance

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
590
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Location
Portugal
On the other hand, i've been thinking a lot tonight, and i think i'm getting so much enfatuated by this girl that i'll lose control over it.
So i decided i'll keep dating other girls, keep seeing my FB, and couple other i have been dating, and every other i can get my hand at.
 

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 9, 2002
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
895
Age
52
There is alot of good advice on this thread.

I'm in a similar situation in a way.

1) I have an ex that I broke up with almost two months ago, but we still talk and well sometimes we still %#^ I honestly still love her and she loves me, but neither of us are sure we should ever get married.

2) I started dating a new girl, I went gaga over her pretty quickly but didn't show it to her or anything like that. Then on the 4th date or so she tells me some stuff about her past that I found troubling. My interest level dropped (Gio this is the girl I told you about). However I went out with her again last weekend and had a great time. We will probably go out this weekend, but I am still unsure about her

3) There is at least one new girl I could date as well. But I'm pretty busy right now finishing a degree and I don't need a 3rd option. Although my ex really shouldn't be one of them either, the fact is I still love her.

My ex doesn't know about the new girl. She suspects something, I also did let her know I went on a date about a month ago. She got very upset. Now I just don't bring it up with her anymore.

LOOK GUYS, IN THE END THINK OF YOUR DATING LIFE LIKE A COMPANY WOULD THINK ABOUT HIRING SOMEONE FOR A JOB. YOU HAVE TO SCREEN SEVERAL CANDIDATES. THIS IS WAY MORE IMPORTANT THAN A JOB SINCE YOU ARE GOING TO BE WITH THIS PERSON WAY MORE THAN 40HRS A WEEK!
 
Top