Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Starting a pet shop (cats/cat accessories)

Questionitall

Don Juan
Reaction score
Pet ownership is a huge and growing industry.
I plan to open up a shop selling various breeds of cats and various accessories.

Any random tips?
I am at the early stages and will not likely open the shop for at least a year.

Thanks!

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't do it.

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I plan to open up a shop selling various breeds of cats and various accessories.

Any random tips?

Thanks!
If you are interested in the welfare of animals then go ahead, you will make a good and responsible dealer. If you just see animals as a commodity though then meh.... In the not too distant future I think there will be a lot more regulation on dog and cat ownership which is great - but it will hinder the industry.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Animal rights people would burn the place down for selling cats. There are way too many cats in the world already. Pet merchandise and adopting out shelter pets instead of selling purebreds is a much better plan.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Selling cats = attracting all the 4-5 post wall single and bitter ladies and less $

Selling dogs = attracting all the pretty young gals that would do anything for their dogs and spoil it rotten. More $ through demand and upsell of lot of options/accessories for dogs. Possible pvssy without selling the pvssy. LOL

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Any random tips?

Thanks!
random tips?

don't only work for one kind of pet
are you a vet? if not don't see the point, mixing both would give better return, and no point in hiring one, you can't keep paying him without a certain flux of clients

how well are the otehrs who work with pets? forget the whole "growing" market, how well are the ones who are already working? if they are scraping by, one more will not fix it, placement are also something you need to look, somewhere who people can see and easy to access with cars is a requirement

what more services are you willing to give?

problem with selling animals is the whole "adopt not sell", plus all the costs of mantaining then till they are sold, with again would require a vet (again are you one?), and i'm not even touching the whole state and city requirements and permits to do so

if not zekko is on point don't do it, you will only waste money

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if not zekko is on point don't do it, you will only waste money
My point is pet shops are notorious for having unhealthy animals. A lot of animal groups advise not to buy from pet shops because they are often not healthy environments for the animals. Plus I like cats, but cats are a dime a dozen - if you want a cat, you can usually find someone to give you one for free. Those aren't exotic breeds, but exotic breeds tend to have health problems also because of inbreeding. Purebred dogs also have this problem. But I wonder if exotic cats would even be in high demand, even if it was a humane situation.