Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Starting a Keto Diet for 1 month | Will update my thoughts each day

Crown

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was watching some Joe Rogan's videos and I randomly watched the one with Jordan Peterson where Joe asked Jordan why he only eat meat. Jordan's answer somehow fascinated me. He told Joe, he felt tired all the time even when he was eating properly. He felt depressed for no reason and couldn't archive much things in his daily life. His emotions made it hard to take right decisions.
Jordan explained once he started only eating meat and vegetables, he felt better within a week. His anxiety went off, his mornings where more enjoyable, daily life was a lot more productive. He told Joe: "People are intoxicating themselfs with carbohydrates, I stopped eating them and I feel more energetic than in my youth".

I kinda recognized myself in his problems: I eat properly everyday. I go to the gym 6 days a week. I have a stressless life, I don't borther for small stuff. And yet I feel tired when I'm not supposed to. My mornings are random. I have a hard time controlling my emotional state even when I'm 100% aware of what is happening in my decision making.

What I expect from this diet:
-A more focused mind.
-Feeling less tired.
-More productive days.

I will post my first meals at the end of this day. Going to the gym now. See ya tonight.

Crown

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day #1.

First Meal 1 PM:

-Salade + cucumber marinated with pepper, garlic and onion + Olive oil.
-300 grams of chicken marinated with pepper and persile.
-2 eggs

Thoughts: Felt weird. I ate a lot, and yet I felt like I was missing something. I was energic, but it was like I was missing something in my stomac.

Second meal 6 PM:

-Brocoli, carrots marinated with olive oil.
-Beef Ribeye marinated with onion, black pepper and paprika.

Thoughts: Same as above. I wasn't completed. I felt like my stomac was empty.

Conclusion of this day:

I felt energetic, less tired at work than usual. Even after work, I feel way better both mentally and physically.
Now the thing is: I'm not hungry and I'm not full either. I'm somewhere between these two.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It might take you a month+ to get into ketosis. Which means until then you might be experiencing the keto flu for a month and not be experiencing any of the benefits by the end of your trial period.

Crown

Don Juan
Reaction score
It might take you a month+ to get into ketosis. Which means until then you might be experiencing the keto flu for a month and not be experiencing any of the benefits by the end of your trial period.

Yeah, apparently the body needs around 6 weeks of Keto to get used to fat as an energy source.
This experience is more about finding out what will happen to my body If I take off carbs from my diet.

R

Ranger

There is a video on how to get into KETO faster. He uses avocados with his clients.

The reason it can take so long for some is that they are turning off and turning on genes.
Another problem is that they have more protein sources than fat.

Most of your calories need to come from fat. Moderate protein. Low carbs.

People, out of programming, will eat chicken breasts. Unless you like breasts, that’s a flunk. Eat the thighs and legs. Higher fat content.

Hands down the biggest mistake made is not eating enough fat and eating too much protein. Protein can be and is converted to glucose sugar and will hold you out of ketosis. Intermittent fasting will also help the process.

The go-to book on this is The Primal Blueprint.

Crown

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day #2.

This morning was quite good: I woke up earlier than usual. I felt better, mentally less tired. I feel light. My sense of smell is more sharp.

1st Meal 10 AM:
-3 eggs marinated with persile, salt & pepper.
-Bacon, Capocollos cooked with butter.

Thoughts: I almost felt full. I didn't feel hungry like yesterday after meal.
Side note: bacon is salty, jez.

Second meal 3 PM:
-350 grams of chicken marinated with herbes and salt.
-Brocoli, carrots et cucumber cooked with butter.

Third meal 11 PM:
Bacon & Capocollos cooked with butter.

Conclusion of this day:
This was maybe one of the best days I had in these past weeks. I felt energic and I had a lot of motivation. I managed to be very productive: repaired my previous laptop, added more code in my project, read 1 entier chapter in my current book, went to Gym.
Even my working hours were amazing: words came easier out of my mouth. I hesitated less and knew what to say and when to say it.

Crown

Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a video on how to get into KETO faster. He uses avocados with his clients.

The reason it can take so long for some is that they are turning off and turning on genes.
Another problem is that they have more protein sources than fat.

Most of your calories need to come from fat. Moderate protein. Low carbs.

People, out of programming, will eat chicken breasts. Unless you like breasts, that’s a flunk. Eat the thighs and legs. Higher fat content.

Hands down the biggest mistake made is not eating enough fat and eating too much protein. Protein can be and is converted to glucose sugar and will hold you out of ketosis. Intermittent fasting will also help the process.

The go-to book on this is The Primal Blueprint.
Taking notes, thanks.

The good thing with this diet is that you're kinda forced to fast because you don't have much choice in terms of food (unless you eat 6 times a day).

R

Ranger

Taking notes, thanks.

The good thing with this diet is that you're kinda forced to fast because you don't have much choice in terms of food (unless you eat 6 times a day).
You might think so but I now make a fantastic mushroom soup and a near perfect green chili.
There’s also meat-za a Pizza made with a meat crust. There’s so many things you can do. Some outstanding recipes.

Crown

Don Juan
Reaction score
You might think so but I now make a fantastic mushroom soup and a near perfect green chili.
There’s also meat-za a Pizza made with a meat crust. There’s so many things you can do. Some outstanding recipes.
I'm interested in that pizza recipe !

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can also make keto pizzas with nut flours (almond), cauliflower and parmesean/mozarella cheese I think. Just Google it I'm sure it'll come up somewhere.

Crown

Don Juan
Reaction score
Your gut is largely responsible for your mood swings.

Food nowadays is processed and human instestines are not yet adapted 100% to processed food (or at least processed to the extent food is processed nowadays as evolution is a process prolonged in time)

Especially gluten is hard on intestine walls and damages them which affects the hormones that affect your brain chemistry. It's already scientifically proven - people that don't experience it have just stronger digestive system than people that do notice this effect (or just less stressful lives...or both).

If you eat vegetables, some less tiresome fruits and unprocessed meat, you are actually eating things you should eat in the first place when it comes to selection of available food for man around 1000 years BC.

Processed food is a source of many psychological problems.

This is interesting. I'm glad I started this diet just to read your post. Learned quite a bit on nutrition these past days.

R

Ranger

You can also make keto pizzas with nut flours (almond), cauliflower and parmesean/mozarella cheese I think. Just Google it I'm sure it'll come up somewhere.
True. I think at this point that getting fat adapted and getting his body to run on high octane fat, it’s a little early to go to gluten free flours. There’s still a carb content there that could prolong his adaptation and gene expression.

Crown

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day #3.

This morning was okay, woke up with the desire to listen music, which never happened before.
Then, I went to the supermarket and my mind was killing me about eating a cake or a sugar based food. Literally screaming about it, like If I was about to die If I didn't eat sugar. Managed to resist, got back home and drunk my black coffee.

Went to Gym at 11 am. I noticed considerable body fat lose (no joke). My body was sweating before I even started the session. My knees were shaking a bit.
I did 3 exercices when I usually do 4. I faced a LOT of resistance from my emotional part. It was literally screaming for me to stop. Never faced so much resistance before.

1st meal 1 PM:
-6 chicken wings marinated with pepper and salt.
-Brocoli, carrots & cauliflowers.
-40 grams of white cheese.

Felt better after eating. My mind is exhausted. I will rest today and won't do stressful things. Going to cinema for that Cpt marvel movie.
I will not have access to my PC tonight, I will edit my post for the 2nd meal and impressions.

R

Ranger

All good signs. Just one recommendation. The first thing into your body was coffee. Me too.

While you were at the store, your body was screaming for sugar. This is really a signal. Have you tried any of the forms of making your coffee, “bulletproof” coffee?

You just came off a fast from when you were sleeping. Roughly eight hours or more of no caloric intake.

The first thing Into your body should be fat. This primes the pump and enables your gene expression to move towards burning the high octane nature of fat. It most definitely lowers the sugar and wheat cravings as well.

I make my coffee in a press but it doesn’t matter how you make your coffee. Then I put it into one of those shake blenders with one tablespoon of grass fed butter and a teaspoon of MCT oil or coconut oil. I blend it up well so that the fat is well emulsified (mixed) with the coffee.

Best tasting cup of coffee you’ve ever drink. Plus it primes your body for performance.
MCT oil goes very quickly to nourish your brain and central nervous system. Those two things never run on anything other than fats.

As far as your workouts. You will feel sluggish for a while. Some, a few, even get slight headaches. I didn’t. Your body is making a survival conversion. It’s switching from the filthy fuel of sugar/grains to high performance fuel.

Start with a teaspoon of MCT oil and then work up to a tablespoon. If you do too much MCT too soon you will get diarrhea. I now do a tablespoon as my daily regiment. No need to go more than that from that point on.

If you get hungry. Do a fat bomb or eat an avocado with sea salt. Train that body to burn fat.
DO NOT do low sodium. This is a huge mistake and your body will suffer for it. Low sodium diets are garbage.

Last edited by a moderator:

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep it up, man, this is the point where it starts getting hard.

One tip to help you get filled up.....eat a big salad and make it the right way. Youtube 'DDP salad' and there are some good videos on there. This helped me a lot with the whole 'feeling full' thing.

Crown

Don Juan
Reaction score
I fuked up bois.

I went to my plate's appartment yesterday, drunk a glass of wine. Then another one, then another one... and we ended up going to a bar, I drunk a beer, then another one.

This is sh#t made me question myself: is my lifestyle really adapted to this diet ?
I would have to sacrifice a lot:
-Time: you cannot eat everything you want, you have to be at your place and cook. And most supermarket premade sandwiches don't fit into Keto.
-Social life: you have to refuse some invitations because you know you will have temptation eating gross food.
-Work: I used to eat apples and graps at work to get a bit of energy during my working hours, which I cannot with Keto.

I will end this diet for now. But I learned a lot about myself and nutrition. So thank you @Ranger & @markfromeurope