Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Star Trek Enterprise cancelled!

Yotsuya-san

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's the story

I am sort of sorry to see it go. One of the few things worth watching on TV. Had tons of faults but was better than nothing.
Can't say I'm surprised or upset. The show has been living on borrowed time since last season. I don't know if Archer and crew ever really caught on with anyone. Is Enterprise going to replace Voyager as the weakest in the Trek franchise?

Berman and Braga are said to be working on a Trek movie that's going to be bigger and better than anything that's come along. I've learned to take anything they say with a grain of salt, since they are who killed Trek. I fear this might be the final nail in the coffin for the Trek franchise.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Expect tomorrow's headline to read "Trekkies commit mass suicide by drinking orange vulcan poison in Wisconsin, thousands dead"... :rolleyes:

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This was the worst one yet. I tried giving this show a chance but it was boring as hell and the acting was horrandeous.

As for Voyager the show was really bad at the begining and I stopped watching it all together. But once they added Jeri Ryan to the show it got better as well as the action.

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KAAAAHHHNNNNN!

sfalexi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's about fvcking time that show is gone. I'm throwing a party. Free beer for anyone who shows up with two chicks.

7 Virtues

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank god for the new Battlestar Galactica.

Yotsuya-san

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
At least we have the new Doctor Who (With Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor) to look forward to. I just wish there was some idea when to expect it.

Yotsuya-san

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Will Enterprise remain canon?

I guess it goes without saying now that this was the least successful of all the Star Trek franchise. I wonder if it will remain part of the Star Trek Universe timeline. It did retcon a few things such as having K'tinga class Klingon battlecruisers appear much earlier than they should (they're movie era updates of the TOS Klingon D7 design). Time Travel, Suliban, Xindi, Babel, Tholians, Romulans behind the scenes.

A lot of what Archer's crew have done would make some of Kirk's voyages redundant, yet there was never mention of a legendary enterprise prior to NCC-1701, not even a Daedelus class version. Come to think of it, I haven' seen any of those (spherical primary hull where the saucer would be) so I guess this could be an alternate Star Trek universe.

Archer and crew did TOO much for us never to have heard of them prior to this show. We generally assume that there wasn't too much room for interesting stuff to happen prior to a few decades before April, Pike and Kirk (The three 23rd century Enterprise captain). The First Romulan War being the only exception of course. Given the fact that in many ways, they didn't seem like they were 100 years behind Kirk and company, many of the stories on Enterprise might have been more suitable for a series that was a prequel to Star Trek: The Next Generation. There were two Enterprise ships after Kirks and before Picards.

note: Tonight's episode was essentially a remake of the TOS episode Journey to Babel.

Last edited:

Yotsuya-san

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Donald Kaufman
I thought DS9 was the worst. I didn't know we needed a sci-fi soap opera.
You're partially right about DS9. That aspect of the show was the worst. But I think Voyager gets the prize for being like "Sex in the City" in outer space. Also, I haven't seen it yet but I heard that was the main complaint about the new Battlestar Galactica. What we need more now than ever is for someone to put the science back into science fiction.

7 Virtues

Don Juan
Reaction score
Science in science fiction is too over done.

Techno-babble dominates where character and plot development should.

Yotsuya-san

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by 7 Virtues
Science in science fiction is too over done.

Techno-babble dominates where character and plot development should.
Can't say I see that anywhere in the "Sci-Fi" of the past fifteen years or so. Most of what I've been seeing as passing for science fiction is soap opera in outer space. What I really mean is that most Sci-Fi these days is just some other genre with a futuristic backdrop. Or just more comic book camp than science fiction: Farscape for example. Technobabble is out, most sci-fi fanboys these days can't stop talking about T'pol or Seven of Nine's tits.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:( it's a sad day...

but I still got my collection of Babylon5... muahahhahhahahaahah

*enters geek mode*