standing my ground?

Ekimuk

Don Juan
Reaction score
my gf just came over to my room just now and she was tellin me about how she didn't do well in her coursework and how she was feeling bad. so i start to comfort her by tellin her not to worry and that she'd do well in her exams and she didn't need to worry about her poor results on her coursework..

all of a sudden she starts to say to me "can you stop trying to tell me i'll do well in my exams and stuff?" "it's so fake and superficial and it's not like i'm going to do well".

so i tell her "hey i'm just trying to help you out, give me a break. if you're gonna come over here and take out your anger on me for your coursework marks i'm going to revise instead" and i walk over to my desk and start to read my text books again.

she says "okay fine i won't disturb your revision then." and goes back home..

the advice on the website tells us to stand our ground and never to take any **** from women so i'm guessin i did the right thing, but i'm not to sure. jeeze i'm pissed off, i seriously didn't need that extra stress.

any thoughts guys?

Tails

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
should of maybe been a tiny bit less harsh. but you did the right thing. i would of said:

her: can you stop trying to tell me i'll do well in my exams and stuff? it's so fake and superficial and it's not like i'm going to do well.

me: well would you prefer me to say the opposite? i'm glad you failed! ... look, all i can say is, even if you don't suceed, at least you tried your best and that is all that matters. be proud of yourself for that. but if you're gonna come here to have a fit at me, i suggest you go back home to cool down. call me later.

but hey, don't worry bro, you did good. she will be back to apologize. just wait ;)

Ekimuk

Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks dude..
i don't know why, but i still feel bad about being harsh to her now.. i think it's those AFC tendencies starting to creep out again.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i've been in a couple of situtations like that. It depends on different things how I would react.

This one girl I know has pretty low self esteem, so if she would have said anything like that, I would have given her a hug and told her she has to believe in herself.

If the girl was being plain rude, I would have, and have before said one sentence.

" I am going to have to ask you to leave"

I do not have the time nor the patience to put up with drama queens. Sooner or later the realize that they are not the only fish in the sea and they don't spew crap like this.

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Girls don't like hearing guys give them advice/or help especially from guys they like. They only like it from people they consider 'just friends.' Hell, every girl that I'm interested in I never offer advice/solutions because I don't want to be put in that "intellectual friend' position. (and trust me, you don't want to be put there.)

But that was plain rude, if a girl were to say that to me, I would shut up and walk away.

Ekimuk

Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks for the reply guys. i've been thinking about what you've said, and the situation makes sense to me now.