Standards - Lower them?

Paper Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
Being that my experience with women is not much, I've lately been wondering about my standards.

It doesn't seem that hard for me to generate attraction with not very attractive women but, obviously, that's NOT what I am looking for. Yet, the attractive women, which, obviously, are the ones I'm interested in, still seem a bit too much for me to grasp.

I've been thinking of lowering my standards, and just fool around, so to say, with girls I'm not interested in. OTH, lowering my standards to fulfill a need seems like giving in; and, anyway, what's the point of being with someone if there's no honest interest?

What are your views on this?

fresh_to_death

Don Juan
Reaction score
***** is *****. Cut your teeth on the ugly chicks and then proceed. You're a guy right? I assume you have some horniness about you. Nobody likes ugly girls, but they have holes too you know.

Reaction score
No.

You cannot be with someone who you are not attracted to.

Completely inauthentic.

There should be no debate about this.

LostAndConfused

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah Paper Man I feel I need to lower my standards too. Of course I'm not only seeking out chicks like Jessica Alba, but the girls I do feel interested in are probably out of my league at the moment (not to say out of my league forever, hopefully).

I think your standards naturally lower, from keeping your options open and from not getting action from the good looking chicks you pursue now.

So I'm just gonna be patient.

Paper Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
After some time has gone through, I'm happy I stuck with the decision to NOT lower my standards. I could have been with girls I wasn't attracted too, but I made my choice and stood my ground, even though it was so damn tempting at times.

Now, the sun is starting to shine through the fog and I am getting more and more opportunities that are of my worth, no matter how small they seem.

I want to build my life with cement, not cheap wood.

slaog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Paper Man said:
After some time has gone through, I'm happy I stuck with the decision to NOT lower my standards. I could have been with girls I wasn't attracted too, but I made my choice and stood my ground, even though it was so damn tempting at times.

Now, the sun is starting to shine through the fog and I am getting more and more opportunities that are of my worth, no matter how small they seem.

I want to build my life with cement, not cheap wood.
Don't lower standards. Keep improving yourself and you'll see that they will come.

You say you're getting more oppertunities well thats a good sign.

Being_the_Don

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Paper Man said:
Being that my experience with women is not much, I've lately been wondering about my standards.

It doesn't seem that hard for me to generate attraction with not very attractive women but, obviously, that's NOT what I am looking for. Yet, the attractive women, which, obviously, are the ones I'm interested in, still seem a bit too much for me to grasp.

I've been thinking of lowering my standards, and just fool around, so to say, with girls I'm not interested in. OTH, lowering my standards to fulfill a need seems like giving in; and, anyway, what's the point of being with someone if there's no honest interest?

What are your views on this?
I'll never lower my standards, it is tantamount to giving up. If you settle for less than what you feel you're worth then you continue to expect less and less of yourself and of others.

Enryu

Don Juan
Reaction score
You can use the ugly girls to practice on your flirt skills
but do not lower your standards... thats how unhappy relationships/marriages start

SinJester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't do it. It does nothing for your self-esteem. High standards is a good thing, unless yours are simply highly unrealistic.

bluemanson

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah dont do it. Rather improve yourself. I always keep my standards up there with the best of them :)

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep your standards in women. What you need to do is to develop yourself so that you are worthy of such standards.

A wise man once told me: "To get the woman of your dreams, you need to be the man of hers."

SinJester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Continue improving yourself but that is not all. Rather than lowering your standards, raise your beliefs. Start to believe that you are worthy of girl that meets your standards, which you clearly don't or you wouldn't be making this thread. As long as you continue to think you aren't worthy you wont come accross as being worthy. Hell im even contradicting myself a little bit with the notion that you have to be 'worthy'. Like has been said in this forum you should be the one judging her.

Don't worry, at the moment your normal, but that doesn't mean that those beliefs are healthy or right.

By the way is getting with girls that you think are below your standards really going to give you that much confidence when it comes to dealing with women you find highyl attractive?

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hell im even contradicting myself a little bit with the notion that you have to be 'worthy'. Like has been said in this forum you should be the one judging her.
It's being worthy of your own standards in women and your potentials, not being worthy of a particular girl.

SinJester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In that case I used her as whatever girl you are 'gaming' at the time, almost as a plural. But thanks for clearning that up ;)

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LostAndConfused said:
Yeah Paper Man I feel I need to lower my standards too. Of course I'm not only seeking out chicks like Jessica Alba, but the girls I do feel interested in are probably out of my league at the moment (not to say out of my league forever, hopefully).

I think your standards naturally lower, from keeping your options open and from not getting action from the good looking chicks you pursue now.

So I'm just gonna be patient.
That's the wrong way of thinking. If you think they are, then they will be. You define yourself and what's out of you league.

nightcrawler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
girls you don't consider attractive enough to start a relationship with are good for sex.

remember that next time you're jerking off because you don't got a hole to put it into:crackup:

Sir I

Don Juan
Reaction score
you could try to lower your standards, but I don't get a hard on from a girl I don't feel attracted to. I can't do it. for those that can.. more power to you

Paper Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
muhuwahaha said:
girls you don't consider attractive enough to start a relationship with are good for sex.

remember that next time you're jerking off because you don't got a hole to put it into:crackup:
Actually, looks are less important when considering a relationship, IMO. Of course, there has to be attraction, but the attractiveness fact is far more important when just hooking up.

And I'm not messing with someone I don't consider attractive just to stick my d!ck in a hole. My d!ck is not like a speleologist that goes in every cave he finds.