Sr's journey to raw power

SrDedosRapidos

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wednesday, June 9th

Pendlays: 3x5x145
OHP: 3x5x145

Nothing special here. Knee is starting to heal so I'm just going to have to start over at a lighter weight on squats and not be a moron.

SrDedosRapidos

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wednesday, June 31st

OHP; 3X5X135
Squat; 3x5x135
Pendlay; 3x5x135

First time back in the gym in 2 weeks. I've had other workouts after my June 9th entry but I didn't write them down. My goal was to let my knee completely heal and it feels like it has. 135 pound squats were laughable and produced no discomfort in my right knee. I was almost able to jump off the ground. My diet has been absolute sh1t so strength suffered. I'm still ahead of where I started so I can't complain.

The parents are digging a pool. Should be done in the next week. It is time to cut. Swimming is a god-tier calorie burning exercise. While I haven't reached the strength goals set forth at the beginning of my log, I'm kind of tired of being fat. I have also realized that the physique I want is going to take years to acquire. I'm not going to be able to see anything with a thick layer of fat covering it.

SrDedosRapidos

Don Juan
Reaction score
kingsam said:
desdos you should post some pics to compare against in the future...
Oh there will be comparisons my friend. This transformation is going to blow minds. It's going to be one of those "holy sh1t I can't believe he actually used to look like that" transformations.

SrDedosRapidos

Don Juan
Reaction score
Friday, July 2nd

Squat: 3x5x185
Bench: 1x5x185, 2x5x195
Deadlift: 1x5x225

Going to keep squats at 185 to see if my knee flairs up again. 185 was the weight where I decided "hurrrrr I can add 20 more pounds derp" and ****ed my **** up in the first place. No discomfort or swelling. I also made sure I was pushing from the heels and using hip drive.

185 On the bench felt like childs play so I upped it to 195. I wanted to put another 5 on for an even 200 for the last set but remembered my knee and decided to keep it where it was.

I tried sumo deadlifts. These are extremely comfortable and I feel like I can pull every weight in the gym when I do them (probably the slightly decreased ROM). They don't seem to put as much stress of the lower back while putting more stress on the hams and quads. Is there any reason I shouldn't do sumo deads?

SrDedosRapidos

Don Juan
Reaction score
Tuesday, July 6th

OHP: 3X5X140
Squat: 3x5x190

Swam for around an hour as well. Didn't have time to do pendlays. You basically have 3 times of the day where my local YMCA is not filled with bros waiting to curl in the power rack; really early (6am), late afternoon (2-3pm) and late (9pm). I missed my first two windows due to swimming and not getting to sleep until 5 or 6am. Going to the doctor as soon as I'm insured to fix that.

Ate around 2200 calories and burned over 3000 (or so fitday tells me) Good start to my journey to 12%.