Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Speed Dating

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have never tried it, but was always curious to try. I am in NJ and they do have events in the NYC metro area. This would be for 30's and 40's age range.

Has anybody ever done it?

How are the women? Are they at least cute?

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
I have never tried it, but was always curious to try. I am in NJ and they do have events in the NYC metro area. This would be for 30's and 40's age range.

Not sure. I didn't even know it existed anymore. I would guess it would be similar to the same women on OLD. Fat, not good looking, or the trashy type with tats.

Or could be similar to those silly match llc events. I hear those match events had very few people except a few nerdy men. If you find a decent woman there she's probably damaged or she's extremely shy, BUT might be easy to pick off if you're one of the few normal acting guys there.

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pass. Not a good idea.

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score

Yeah, I've done a few of 'em. Really depends on who's putting it together.

You'll meet some Jessica Albas, and some Rosie O'Donnells.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I've heard it's a good place to meet entitled ugly women asking "so what do you do?" and then writing down notes like a driving instructor.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
I've heard it's a good place to meet entitled ugly women asking "so what do you do?" and then writing down notes like a driving instructor.
So it's even worse than those stupid Match events? Why did you even stay for it? If I saw a bunch of fatties I'd just turn around and leave and ask for a refund.

I thought about trying a match event, but most of them are like 100 miles away in Tampa when they do it. But from what I read on this forum, reddit, and LS was that hardly anyone shows up. Sometimes they even cancel it. But what I read about them usually it's about 8 nerdy and socially awkward guys showing up and about 6 or so women. Last one I read about was like that. They said two of the girls were okay looking but didn't talk to anyone. One said there was a cute Asian girl and they talked to her because he was the only normal acting guy and she was super shy and would just sit there. I would think you could easily pick something like that off and snipe.

I would think if you go to one of these speed dating or OLD IRL events if you dress nice, not socially inept and not a slob you probably could hit it off if there are any decent women there and you're one of the only normal guys there.

firstbornunicorn

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try it out.

I've done it but an event for students so everyone was 20 somethings. If your age fits into the demographic it's fun, otherwise I can imagine it would be less productive.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So it's even worse than those stupid Match events? Why did you even stay for it? If I saw a bunch of fatties I'd just turn around and leave and ask for a refund.

I thought about trying a match event, but most of them are like 100 miles away in Tampa when they do it. But from what I read on this forum, reddit, and LS was that hardly anyone shows up. Sometimes they even cancel it. But what I read about them usually it's about 8 nerdy and socially awkward guys showing up and about 6 or so women. Last one I read about was like that. They said two of the girls were okay looking but didn't talk to anyone. One said there was a cute Asian girl and they talked to her because he was the only normal acting guy and she was super shy and would just sit there. I would think you could easily pick something like that off and snipe.

I would think if you go to one of these speed dating or OLD IRL events if you dress nice, not socially inept and not a slob you probably could hit it off if there are any decent women there and you're one of the only normal guys there.
I think the women at these events are probably there for a reason. Most normal women get hit on continuously in everyday life and if they download an app they'll have 1000 koks to choose from by Thursday.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the women at these events are probably there for a reason. Most normal women get hit on continuously in everyday life and if they download an app they'll have 1000 koks to choose from by Thursday.
Speed dating and online dating are gimmicks. Gimmicks are generally worthless in dating.

I never went to speed dating before online dating. Online dating originated in the 1990s (as did speed dating) and then the app era started with Tinder in 2012. I did go to a speed dating event in the mid-2000s that was decent. The problem is that I was 23 at the time and my decent matches were 26-28. That's not an easy sell though not impossible. Had I been 30 then, that event might have been worthwhile. However, even then, other than those 2, 26-28 year olds, the rest of the other 10+ women I met that night were bottom of the barrel. I think speed dating got even worse after 2010.

@bat soup is right that most women now are there for a reason. This isn't 2006. I think speed dating was more justifiable in 2006 than today but even a difficult sell then.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Speed dating and online dating are gimmicks. Gimmicks are generally worthless in dating.

I never went to speed dating before online dating. Online dating originated in the 1990s (as did speed dating) and then the app era started with Tinder in 2012. I did go to a speed dating event in the mid-2000s that was decent. The problem is that I was 23 at the time and my decent matches were 26-28. That's not an easy sell though not impossible. Had I been 30 then, that event might have been worthwhile. However, even then, other than those 2, 26-28 year olds, the rest of the other 10+ women I met that night were bottom of the barrel. I think speed dating got even worse after 2010.

@bat soup is right that most women now are there for a reason. This isn't 2006. I think speed dating was more justifiable in 2006 than today but even a difficult sell then.
The thing is, most women are fairly lazy and passive when it comes to dating. They just wait for the right man to "come along" and when that happens, they don't say "how dare you?". They don't feel the need to sign up for speed dating until nobody is interested in them, for whatever reason.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing is, most women are fairly lazy and passive when it comes to dating. They just wait for the right man to "come along" and when that happens, they don't say "how dare you?". They don't feel the need to sign up for speed dating until nobody is interested in them, for whatever reason.
Yes, speed dating is at the bottom of women's preferred means to meet men. Their first preference is from their real life, non-gimmick activities. After that, possibly their Instagram/Twitter DMs. Keep in mind with the DMs that most women don't rate all social media equally. There are tons of men who DM women on LinkedIn for dates/sex, and it predictably doesn't go well. Facebook is now primarily for the 45/50+ audience. Then swipe apps. Then, you get to the bottom of the barrel with artificial gimmicks like Meetup.com and speed dating.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score

Back in 2012 OLD and apps like Tinder were a lot better. There was MUCH better quality of women on OLD 10 years ago compared to today and much higher quantities. No, very seldom you find a normal, hot woman on OLD. It's mostly damaged goods now. Men swamped OLD as smart phones evolved and they simply get bombarded and overwhelmed. I've had many women tell me from OLD they get overwhelmed. Likely why you don't see many hot women on OLD and if you do they don't last long.

Tinder was good until Match bought it $$$

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Back in 2012 OLD and apps like Tinder were a lot better. There was MUCH better quality of women on OLD 10 years ago compared to today and much higher quantities. No, very seldom you find a normal, hot woman on OLD. It's mostly damaged goods now. Men swamped OLD as smart phones evolved and they simply get bombarded and overwhelmed. I've had many women tell me from OLD they get overwhelmed. Likely why you don't see many hot women on OLD and if you do they don't last long.

Tinder was good until Match bought it $$$

MissouriMark

Don Juan
Reaction score
The only time I went to a speed dating event was back in 2019 and there was a fee for it, don't remember what it was though. There were only about 10 men and 10 women there so a lot less than I expected, but I think the fee maybe scared a few people away who weren't serious about it.

Out of the 10 women, only 2 were interested in meeting up at a later date and I think I was only interested in just 1 of those 2 women so it was mutual. The problem was, and probably is with a lot of these speed dating events, is that women tend to go in groups so they obviously talk about all the guys there amongst themselves. A friend of mine was gonna go as well, but he backed out at the last minute.

So the 1 woman that was interested in me brought 2 other women with her and neither one of them were interested in me and neither was I, so at the end of the night when they tallied up who was interested in who, the 2 friends probably talked the other girl out of meeting up with me because they probably didn't feel a vibe with me or whatever or were jealous that I wasn't interested in them, so they probably told her to not follow through with contacting me afterwards since I never heard from her again. The one that was interested in me I found to be the most attractive one there, so there you go.

The funny part of the story was not long after the event, I was with my current girlfriend at a bar in the same city where this chick lived which was an hour and a half away from where the event was at, and I ran into her there, and it was quite awkward......for her!! Cuz obviously I found someone else so it was all good. Her loss!!

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah. Every single girl will ask what do you do? (For a living). Gets sick after awhile especially if you are not successful.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you actually work in engineering or say it to keep her quiet about the matter?
I do. I get off work talk. It’s classless. I ask open ended questions.

Some of my favorites for speed dating is:
“Tell me what you like about yourself”
“How would your friends describe you?”
“How did you end up in NYC?”