Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Speed Dating approach

halfguard

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, yes, I know the disadvantages of speed dating. It's desperate (for both sexes), the woman has the upper hand, the guy is pretty much operating in a female's reality/frame right off the bat, etc. etc. but my admin at work (she is probably an extra few pounds HB6 who I have zero interest in) wants to go and wants to drag me along. I am always up for crap like this.

I've been to 2 speed dating events before: First one I was a novice and played it like all the other saps. Asked and answered the same boring questions over and over with a little humor peppered in, "where do you live?" "what do you do?" "how many kids?" etc. Ding! 7 minutes is up and I am off to the next table.

Second time was a few years later and more seasoned with tons of first dates under my belt and lots of success with average looking women. I approached the second time differently and steered the conversation away from the boring crap and figured if I treat like a first date I would stand out. Almost like I am performing. Turns out these women have the personality of wet sponges, are all serious, and all they wanted to know were the "dating" vitals. I wasn't going down that road like these other saps.

I want to go again, not out of desperation, but to tweak the process and for a little fun. I don't want to do the boring BS and blend in and I don't want to put on a show for them either sort of like the second time.

What are some good tactics to bring the girl into my reality and frame within 7 minutes? Aside from "meet me behind the dumpster when this is over."

I am 47. The age range is usually anywhere from 35 to 52 depending on what night I go. Just wondering if there is a fun, different approach to keep myself engaged and entertained. As I said above, I am aware this is a crap way to meet anyone with any quality. It is really just online dating on crack. And most of these people are damaged goods if they are expecting anything out of speed dating. (I also have begun spinning plates and not looking for anything exclusive so I know most of these broads are looking to entrap some sucker. And if there happens to be like 2 hot ones who show, they came together and have no intention of matching with anyone. They are there for a "fun night out" and to get their ego stroked a bit.)

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been to speed-dating events a number of times in 2015 and just stuck out every single time. Just don't have the looks I'm afraid. Other than that, there are some genuine weird girls (and older Blacks - unless you are into that) that you probably won't want to get involved with anyway. The dreaded line of "what do you do?" is always asked like clockwork. It's the first question that is asked.

If you don't have the looks (i.e which you probably don't or wouldn't have made this thread in the first place) then you can't really do anything about it. I know there were other Chads/Chadlites that were there that probably cleaned house. Like you said, OLD on steroids.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never done speed dating, but the above observations are interesting. I'll be the first to openly admit that in my 50's, I'm not going to turn any heads. Here's where my mileage has varied though.

I attend social events on "meetup." I'm sure from sight alone, women aren't looking at me and thinking to themselves "I want some of that action." I'm average looking or probably slightly below. Don't underestimate personality. It can work to your advantage more than you realize.
I accept that my looks are no longer going to carry me as before... and so I have focused on improving rapport skills. After a meetup, if I saw someone of interest, I'll shoot them an e-mail a few days later and ask them out. So far, my return has been 100%. These women aren't "10's" but I'm fine with a "7." It is still "dating up."
Point is... if they had based me on my looks alone, I'm sure they would not have been receptive. If you have seven minutes to yourself with a gal, I'm thinking that it could play to your advantage (with some practice) ... then again, knowing that you are on an 'egg-timer' clock could also add to performance pressure.

I've never considered the thought of speed-dating, but I'd be interested to read more about the experiences. I'm always up to trying something new.