Southerneastern Michigan

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Detroiter here.

I lean to arty/underground stuff (indie, garage, goth, etc. -- I check out a lot of shows), but can hang in more mainstream scenes, too.

Most of the gals I date tend to be 20somethings, though I'd like to meet more older gals, but there just aren't many unattached ones out there where I go. It's a younger crowd.

What are your usual venues, ddarkjedi?

Any good places to meet hotties who aren't kids?

ddarkjedi

Don Juan
Reaction score
let see here, I tend to go to the clubs during in the week or weekends in Pontiac like Tiki bob's, Have a nice day cafe, Tonic, Sevin Nightclub. I use to go to Clutch cargo, the girls act more b%$ichy there, besides most of the girls there are inmature 18 and 19 years in there. I also go to detroit sometimes, that much of a older crowd like X/S and Bleu, Pancea. (Space nightclub closed down. Heard it will relocate in Royal Oak) The drinks and cover charges are so high. I go there once in a while. I like the younger crowd like from 21-23 rather than 23 and up, even though I'm 28 years old. I'll be 29 in October. Royal Oak, Ypsilanti, Ann Arbor and in Ontario Windsor in Canada are cool too. I go to canada only if I don't to have to work the next following morning. If I go clubbing in Canada, I won't be in bed until dawn like 5 or 5:30 in the morining every time I go up there. I like to checkout other clubs that I haven't been to in the Southeastern Michigan area.

Some times I club solo, its better with a wingman though. I'm tend to be in a better mood to approach or pick up HBS in bars in nightclubs. How about yourself? Have you been to these clubs that I mentioned. Maybe we should hangout and meet up. I could use another wingman or too.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Word I get ...

is that the gals can go pretty wild a Tiki Bob's. Is this true?

I live in Detroit near downtown, and have usually been going to art openings and to see live bands at places in Detroit and Ferndale, such as Magic Stick, Magic Bag, St. Andrews, Lager House, and Small's. My fave club night has been The Big Sonic Heaven thing at 5th Ave in Royal Oak, but that has gotten a bit stale: same crowd, same music, etc.

I know of most of the places you mention, but have not gone to most of them. I can use a change of venue, because the scenes I've been hanging in have dried up to a large extent, and there's too much fallout from my chump days.

I'm older than you are, but look about the same age. Some people still guess my age at mid 20s, and it doesn't look weird when I'm out with 20something gals. But the gals in their early 20s aren't really LTR prospects, because the age issue is bound to come up. For a STR or ONS, no biggie. :D

I'll PM you with my info so we can check out some of the scenes.

ddarkjedi

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah, the girls used to be pretty wild at tiki bob's on a Saturday night. I haven't gone there in while. It kinda died down though. I heard it is better to go during college night on Tuesdays. It's a more of a college crowd. You should check out club divine in Ypsilanti on a thursday night. It's crazy out there but it wil die out come September.l You should meet me up there Thursday night if you can make it. I'm planning on going there this week. I like to check out other places too that is a different crowd. Keep seening the same girls ever week.

I'm not much going to venues to see live bands that you mentioned in Detroit and ferndale. it kinda gets boring to me.

I'm trying other ways to meet some HB's such as the mall,bookstores,the gym, on the street, etc. It's really hard to do COLD APPROACHES

by the way, how old are you?

bman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
im from metro detroit and have been to pretty much all the bars mentioned but i'm only 21. club space isnt relocating to royal oak, they are closing down have a nice day cafe and remodeling and space is going there. space is going to be a 3 floor strip club downtown. when i go out to the clubs i usually go to st andrews and i go to almost all hiphop concerts in the area.

bman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i know someone that works for the radio station that is there on the broadcast night they have at have a nice day cafe. he could be wrong though... he doesnt actually work there. where are you from exactly?

Livingitup22

Don Juan
Reaction score
Your a little out of my normal range, but I'm not that far (<1 hr. drive) from either of you and I've been to a few places you mention. If you can manage a trip to Windsor, I've had some great DJing experiences over in Canada. Staying overnight might not be a bad idea, since I've had some good luck with the "Why drive home? You can crash at our hotel room!" bit. I had a real fun time at Magic Stick the only time I was there, but I wasn't looking for anything in the way of a PU, so you probably have a better feel for the area than I do. I met ALOT of very friendly HBs in both Royal Oak and Fernadale, though I can't remmeber exactly where I was either time:D