Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

SoSuave Relationship Improvement

Has being a member of SoSuave helped you to IMPROVE your situation and gain RESULTS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Buddha_Mind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Question for you:

Has being part of this community improved your relationships with women and given you better results in your life?

If yes or no, please explain.

novaknight

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Somewhat. In the end though, I think YOU, and only YOURSELF can improve.
It's all up to yourself, and it's all about yourself too.

I'm not gonna lie, I got lots to learn. And no message board in the world can teach me everything, I gotta learn lots of it myself, through trial and error.

Sosuave HAS helped though, by giving me encouragement through other member's success stories. That I feel is the point of this forum; to show people that there is hope out there.

Alex DeLarge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This website gave me a lot of tips on confidence and seduction, such as eye contact, kino, teasing etc.. But in the end, it hasn't helped me at all in the department of Long Term Relationships and anything passed the first month of dating.

Although within the last 7 months of finding this board, I have hooked up with 8 different girls. None of these girls below an 8.. I more than doubled the amount I had hooked up with before then and they were all way hotter than past hook ups and girlfriends.

There is one thing that bothers me about this site though, and that's the whole "LTR's are for needy pvssy dudes." mindset. Come on man, the only girls that will put up with you blowing them off all the time and constantly hitting up 4 other girls to bang are the wh0res that made you find this site in the first place. Just my two cents.. Feel free to critique me on this.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Budd,
Well yeah,and they say you can't teach Old Dogs new tricks?

LeftyLoosey

Don Juan
Reaction score
I took the advice of this board and ended my short marriage three years ago. It was the smartest thing I ever did and I'm eternally grateful to SS to this day.

Zodiac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When I first came here I was a 285 lbs. guy that was a human doormat when it came to women. Now after being here for over 3 years I have gotten down to 215 lbs. after realizing that the old "A woman will love you for who you are on the inside" is a complete load of garbage and now realize that pretty much everything I was taught by my parents/"female friends" was a load.

So yeah I would say SoSuave has helped me a lot. It helped change my entire outlook of my life from killing myself slowly in an unhealthy weight to now working out constantly and spinning at least 2-3 plates at any given time.

Buddha_Mind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alex --

I would say that a lot of these tips of seduction will help you get laid or help build attraction from a female. (Which many of us can get tired at failing time and time again).

I have recently learned LTR's are an entirely different ballgame -- and at some point it is going to boil down to who you REALLY are. Who YOU really are and who SHE really is are going to be revealed at some point. You must never stop being the absolute BEST YOU.

It is here that you will find if you are truly compatible.

If you are bringing out the best in one another -- then this is good. If you are battling or always going uphill [recent experience] then it is probably going to get worse. But this does not mean people [including ourselves] have very real faults. No matter how much we keep working towards greater perfection, we will continue to have faults.

If you really care about another person -- and can tolerate their BAD SIDES -- than the concept of LOVE can come into play. This is a difficult concept, as we all have different understandings of this word. And sometimes WE can accept another person's GOOD and BAD, but they may be unable to accept OURS.

It is very hard to love someone and they do not love you back. This forum advocates finding a woman who really cares about you more than you care about her -- because your acceptance and happiness is built upon yourself -- and cannot be so easily shaken by her dismissal of you.

A lot of this stuff here, really should just be used as a framework to approach relationships -- to learning how to reach out to women -- and to learn how to judge their actions and behaviors without unraveling yourself.

I have made the mistake recently of not taking care of my personal business as well as I should have, having too much free time, and becoming somewhat needy. I wish I could say I was entirely aware as this process was unfolding -- but I was not. I was somewhat internally tormented and unhappy -- and this is sure death to a healthy relationship. Especially when she, it was revealed, really didn't love me at all -- there was no patience. I wasn't up to her bar, so to speak, and was ditched.

I'm telling you man -- the general concepts here will be effective. I think most women do not like to be showered in complements, pedestaled, or have a man base their lives around them. Being shy and afraid will never help you meet a woman. Because life has real challenges too -- and if you can't even get the balls to say hello, how could you have the balls to raise a family, etc, etc.

If you are truly interested in a successful and happy LTR, do the following:
1. Use the tactics here to pickup different women and try them out -- spin plates -- when one is below what you want and need -- cut her and find a new one. Waste no time.

2. If one has faults you are able to be patient with, then keep her around and be patient with her if she is meeting your other needs, or genuinely trying her very best.

3. Once a woman is LTR material to you -- engage in the relationship and let yourself enjoy it. Plan time with her to be happy and to DO things together that cause you to GROW and LEARN.

4. Keep your OWN LIFE moving and keep up with your RESPONSIBILITIES. If she leaves you, cheats on you, changes her mind, becomes confused, etc, then your life is still held together. She was never your absolute focus to begin with.

5. By giving her SPACE, and causing her to come to you -- ie, less text messaging, less phone calls, less 'I love you's', etc, she will feel continually drawn to you -- and that is where this place comes into play. To keep a certain awareness as to what is happening.

If I had practiced more awareness, I may have not lost my recent LTR. I know rehashing these things again and again and rehashing what I could have done, etc, etc is self-torture. I agree.

BUT -- these tactics will help. If you work to keep yourself AWARE of her body language and her actions, you can better adjust your actions to maintain her interest.

Also know you may make mistakes along the way. Hopping into your first LTR you are bound to drop some of your DJ principles when you least expect them -- and sometimes you'll think "she's different" and you may think you have wiggle room. You will make mistakes. I think marriage worthy LTR will be with someone who does not bail on you during your mistakes. OR -- you will, through experience, learn enough not to make the same mistakes (because some mistakes are very hard to recover from). This is probably a mutual thing in some ways for both parties.

I look back on my recent LTR and after we (a) discussed our past relationships and (b) past sexual experiences, it really threw a wrench in our relationship that was hard to ever remove. ALSO -- I sacrificed some of the things I NEEDED to be doing for myself, to BE WITH HER -- and this also threw a wrench in her perception of me that I was never really able to recover from.

I think at some point an LTR should not be so damned difficult -- once you discover who you are, and make a mission for yourself in life [that is not a female], things will keep getting easier. Because if a woman does begin causing you a great deal of trouble, you've built your happiness upon yourself and your own hard work, and it won't lead to such heart break.

And the right woman, I believe, will be there for you when you struggle.

Just my $.02 cents...these tactics can help you get women to assess for an LTR. The success of your LTR will be maintaining the frame you started it in, and taking care of YOUR business.

ALSO -- the hardest thing to accept is you may be VERY COMPATIBLE and doing everything RIGHT in the beginning -- but as life brings trials and tribulations, growth and change, you both may CHANGE also and what you HAD may not be what you HAVE. One of the hardest things to understand is that you BOTH may REALLY WANT IT TO WORK -- but you find yourselves ultimately INCOMPATIBLE or GROWING IN DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS. This, is not easy to understand always and feels very unfair.

More responses I am interested in...

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Buddha Mind said:
I have recently learned LTR's are an entirely different ballgame -- and at some point it is going to boil down to who you REALLY are. Who YOU really are and who SHE really is are going to be revealed at some point. You must never stop being the absolute BEST YOU
You're saying some smart stuff lately, Buddha. I think you learned some things from your recent relationship, even though it failed. You know what they say though, you learn more from losing than winning.

Anyway, you're absolutely right. When it comes to LTRs, there's no hiding who you REALLY are behind some ridiculous PUA scam of trying to be mysterious or someone you really aren't to impress her. You should be able to relax and be yourself around your LTR - just be sure who you really are isn't some pvssy. Always work toward improving yourself, keep the frame, and BE the man you want to be, don't just pretend to be, using fronts like false DHVs, etc.

Buddha Mind said:
This forum advocates finding a woman who really cares about you more than you care about her -- because your acceptance and happiness is built upon yourself -- and cannot be so easily shaken by her dismissal of you.
I think that's solid advice. It's a bad recipe when the man cares about the woman more than she cares for him. That puts him in the low value position, looking up at the pedestal. It's not the way nature is supposed to work. The man is supposed to lead, be the strong one. You can't do that if you're worrying about losing your girl's affection.

Buddha Mind said:
If I had practiced more awareness, I may have not lost my recent LTR.
I know breakups are painful, but I genuinely believe you are better off without her. It can take a long time to find someone who is a good match for you, but when you do, you shouldn't be arguing all the time. You should be on the same page together. But when you're younger, relationships tend to be stormier, I will admit.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This site, and all the knowledgable folks here, has helped me with my relationships with women, and moreso, on just bettering my life. The biggest thing I've learned, is to not focus on women, and how well I do with them actually. I've set goals, achieved them, and have learned we are individually responsible for our own happiness in life.

Once you've achieved that, women become a nice addition in life. My relationships, some short-lived, have improved substantially actually. I no longer put up with any BS, or games, and know how to weed out the low quality women while at the same time inviting the high quality women into my life.

I've gain confidence from here, when I found this site I had very little confidence.

Also, thanks to the fitness forum, I was able to gain 20 lbs of pure muscle during the course of 8 months, following the advise. Changed my body, and also found that I have a passion for deadlifting, and heavy weights in general. In fact, I've never felt healthier.

So, it's all how you take what's here, and use it, for your individual goals in life.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The best thing this site has done for me regarding relationships is opening my eyes and realising for myself that I don't need to have one.

High Voltage

Don Juan
Reaction score
While being part of this community has improved my ability to get women, I find that now that I can get women I don't want them. For me, once I began to get women I found out that they weren't these magical creatures and they are, in fact, a pain to deal with.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No.

But that's because I have some serous issues that are beyond what SoSuave can help me with.

I have received some phenomenal advice from several members. Though at this point, I just think I'm fundamentally broken.

What I think I need is a mentor, somebody I know in real life who is good with women and can give me instant feedback.

So far my SS experience is that I post a situation that went wrong, then everybody tells me how I screwed up. Then I make a new thread about a new girl and how I failed in a different way. And the cycle continues.

I still feel like I'm the same guy I was when I signed up here seven years ago. Always getting friendzoned and having to pay for sex.

Buddha_Mind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What are you doing DIRECTLY that is getting you friendzoned?
What are your deeper underlying issues?

This place can help you better understand your mistakes to improve for next time...but there are no therapists here...maybe it would be worth taking your deeper issues, that perhaps extend far beyond relationship abilities, to someone who could help?

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alex DeLarge said:
There is one thing that bothers me about this site though, and that's the whole "LTR's are for needy pvssy dudes." mindset. Come on man, the only girls that will put up with you blowing them off all the time and constantly hitting up 4 other girls to bang are the wh0res that made you find this site in the first place. Just my two cents.. Feel free to critique me on this.
No, you're right.

You'll encounter some anti-LTR opinions around here but that's really a pretty immature and wounded viewpoint. As anyone knows there is a BIG difference between getting numbers and lays and maintaining an LTR. The good news is many of the same basic game principles still apply whether you are just playing, dating, or married. I'm not talking about PUA tactics, I'm talking about developing a novel confidence in yourself and a more well-rounded life; which will naturally result in better selections with women.

The other side of the coin is that once in a LTR you are forced to confront your deepest issues--the ones that have been recurring most of your life--or else you'll just keep repeating the same mistakes over and over and over.

SS has definitely helped me or I wouldnt still be here after 6 years. There is a lot of great wisdom here, some of it is hidden away in forgotten posts but over the years I've used it to learn from my mistakes and get to the ROOT issues that were causing my AFC behavior. It's like that old Kenny Rogers song: Gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away and know when to run!

So I wouldnt say I need it anymore per se, but I enjoy contributing and reading other perspectives.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What are your deeper underlying issues?
I have had dysthymia for most of my life. I've been in and out of therapy for years but it hasn't helped. Simply because, I'm depressed because I'm alone. And I've always been alone because every girl I have ever liked since I was 13 has rejected me.

I'm happiest when I'm with a girl I like. And I strongly believe that finally getting a girlfriend will cure my depression. It's certainly not something that pills and therapy can fix.

I'm 5'6 and white which may be a reason why women are not physically attracted to me. No woman has ever said that I'm too short for her, but we all know that women are attracted to height.

My next issues is that I don't know how to talk to girls in a way that attracts them.

I never learned how to flirt or vibe sexually; which is kind of ridiculous that I've been on a PUA board for so long and haven't figured out how to do it. But look through the Bible, there is nothing on flirting or vibing. I guess it's something that men are just supposed to pick up on.

What are you doing DIRECTLY that is getting you friendzoned?
When I interact with women I come across as friendly and warm. Girls most often get the impression that I just want to be friends since I don't know how to properly convey interest. And since girls aren't attracted to me, all they want from me is friendship. I've had a large number of girls become surprised when they realized that I wanted more than friendship from them. Several of them I had actually gone on dates with. When they find out that I want more, I get told that they like me, but not in that way.

This place can help you better understand your mistakes to improve for next time.
That's what I've been getting from here. But there is just a stupid number of mistakes that one can make. With every girl I learned a new lesson. But come on, I should have had one success by now. I don't need any more learning experiences.

My biggest issue with this site and the community at large, is that there is no way to get a girl that one already likes.

There is a girl that I'm crazy about that I mesh with so much. But nobody can tell me what to say or do that will make her like me. I'd be better off clubbing the bitch and dragging her to my cave.

ThreeStorms

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro, are all girls you "like" very good looking? Remember that those are in very high demand. Maybe you have to lower your standards until you gain some experience with this. I know you cannot decide who you like, but being open to basically all girls increases your game field so much.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nope, the vast majority were in the 6-8 range. Only one girl I liked was really good looking but she had a boyfriend out of state and I knew I didn't have a chance with her.

All other girls I pursued were definitely in my league.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're not a male in the 6-8 range, Maxtro.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jitterbug said:
You're not a male in the 6-8 range, Maxtro.
I've wondered about that. What my number really is.

If the average 5, is a normal looking, 5'9 dude then I'm a 4. Doesn't matter that I'm not ugly nor fat, I'm just short.

There are also more categories than just looks, but I don't do too well in those either.

So if I'm a 4, what are the four girls? Obese women?

I might as well just end it.

ThreeStorms

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have three tips for you

1. Don't keep on doing basically the same thing over and over and expect different results. You say you learned some lessons, but maybe the changes you made were not radical enough. If you are perceived as too nice, how about being an ass for a while? It's hard if it's not your personality, but it may open your mind for new possibilities that lie within your character's range. Treat it like a role-playing-game. However it may be best to try that somewhere where people don't know you. That brings me to my second tip

2. Change your life. Get a new job, move to another town, start an education. Basically, get out of your usual routine. Changes in the environment always get reflected in a person's personality. It may help with your depression as well.

3. This one is a small tip, I found out when I got my first real girlfriend. If you like a specific girl, get some info about her before asking her out. Ask a colleague, her professor, a relative if you run into one. If you ask in a light mood and don't come across as creepy, they will be happy to answer things like her education, things she likes etc. Yeah it sounds stalkerish, but it doesn't have to. Then, when you are on a date, or meet somewhere, casually drop some of this info in the conversation. Like before, if done in a fun, light way, it won't come across as creepy, but she will actually be flattered that some guy is genuinely interested in her, instead of just wanting a quick lay.

On a sidenote, you seem to be pretty concerned about your height. Don't get me wrong, it won't make things easier. But let me tell you a little anecdote. I went to school with one of the shortest guys I know. He was somehow funny, but also dorky. Had no success with girls.
Well, ten years after school, we celebrated our anniversity. I instantly remembered who everyone was. Instead of one well dressed, very articulate and outgoing man. I actually had to ask someone who he was. Yeah, it was Mr Shorty-dorky.
This guy had traveled all over the world, meeting thousands of people. Got a top-education. He played in a band. Shook hands with the president. He dated some sexy singer. Is married now.

Today, no one would look at him and think "this guy is really short". They think "What a cool guy. What a great life he lives."

Last edited: