Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

Sorta lame...but it worked

Gnarus

New Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2005
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
So there I was having serious issues with getting around to the later parts of the bootcamp. Eye contact and all that went just fine, but striking up conversations with random HBs just was not working out.

Enter random female friend of mine. I've known this girl for several years and have no romantic interest in her. She gets to talking and I revert to tampon form and try to help her out with her issues. Then suddenly it hits me that I can use her to my advantage in my DJing explorations.

Apparently her friends dumped her or something and she was having confidence issues. I start talking to her about the things in the Bible and bootcamp, but certainly not in reference to those things. Instead, I tell it to her LIKE I AM DOING IT ALL. Suddenly as far as she knows I am a confident DJ that goes to the mall and talks to strangers. I have several numbers and have been on a few dates with girls I have met.

She tells me great, but she can never do that for she lacks the confidence, which is just what I expected. My plan comes to its peak as I tell her that, being the great guy that I am, I will take her to the mall and do IT WITH HER. I know how lame that sounds and that it violates whatever rules you hold dear, but I saw the opportunity and went with it.

Cut to the mall. I'm walking around as confidently as I can muster, trying to explain things to her as if I've been doing this my whole life. Of course I am eventually forced to prove myself and my techniques to her on a HB8 or so that we see. Now by this point, I have been acting like this is all second nature and I FEEL like I have done this stuff before. The mind is an amazingly powerful tool. I was as convinced as my counterpart that I would get this girl's number. How couldn't I? It had worked before as far as she knew.

I went in for the approach and I COULDN'T back out. I had put my self in a position that I had to do it no matter what, and I'm glad for it. To make a long story short it went well. I had a decent conversation with the girl (no number) and did several other approaches with my friend watching. One resulted in a number from another 7 or so.

Not only did I help a friend out, I manipulated the situation to force myself into the next step of bootcamp. In conclusion, though I violated all the rules, it was a positive step for me in the end. The mind is a powerful tool, and as Pook states so often, think and you are. She thought I was a DJ. I thought I was a DJ. For that day, I was a DJ.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Gnarus

New Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2005
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Apparently everyone is so shocked and apalled they are speechless. :eek:
 

On_the_Top

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 30, 2003
Messages
396
Reaction score
0
You can do it with someone around, now the challenge is can you do it on your own with no one to back you up or lay your emitional support on?
 

Gnarus

New Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2005
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Yeah, this was a tip to get others over the hump that sometimes arises at key points in the bootcamp. I have since gone out on my own and done fine. The first few are the only hard ones, and this helped me get those done. Mostly just a tip about mental conditioning and that if other things aren't working, consider this.
 
Top