Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"Sorry" at goodbye...

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been noticing that some of the chicks I talk to, mainly online, have been saying something along these lines:
"Hey I'm sorry, but I have to go."
Or
"Talk to you later. Sorry."

The word "sorry" instantly sent up some red flags for me. Why should they apologize to me for leaving? They aren't oxygen to me; if they go away, I won't die.

Could it be that I'm coming across as too needy? It isn't like I'm flowering them with compliments or kissing ass. Are their egos so monstrous that they believe that they're actually hurting my feelings and ruining my day by leaving? Attention-wh0res?

Over the past few weeks, I was convinced that I strangled, stabbed, punched, kicked, and headbutted my inner AFC into oblivion. And now this-- "sorry"
WTF?

I need your help, gents.

Charisma

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Mainly online"
That's your AFC speaking, stop trying to pick up girls over the damn internet and just go outside, you'll look waaaay less desperate :)

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the chicks in question was a chick that lives out of state, so my only real means to talk to her is through the internet or over long-distance phone.

The other chick I have talked to over the phone and met in person. However, when I talked to her over the phone, it was at a friend's house-- I never formally received her number from her, and I don't want to weird her out by calling her.
My other options are to ask for her number, which I'd rather do in person, or go out with her. I plan on going out with her, but the symantics of the deal are going to be messy because I will just be getting my driver's license in about a week, and she is younger than me and has to get rides everywhere. I'm guessing my parents won't let me haul people around in my truck for a long time, so I'll have to "meet" her. Typical "meeting" places are movies and dinner, and I'm trying to move away from that scheme.

I'd rather go on an action date-- say Chuckie Cheese or something-- just to get the juices flowing and have fun. But how am I going to get her parents to agree to bring her to a place like that without coming off like a total fruitcake?

I do plan on meeting other chicks-- not gonna get caught up in one-itus or two-itus for that matter, but still. My options for communcation are limited. THEY are speaking to me via the internet, too. Wouldn't that make them as needy/AFCish as me? It'd be hypocritical of them to throw me into the needy heap.

I still don't have any concrete reasons as to why they'd apologize for leaving.

letsfixthis

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never had that problem, but one strange thing I've noticed is that it is never a good sign when a girl says "thanks for calling" right before each of you hang up. It could just be a coincidence, but every single time a girl has said that to me, nothing good ever seems to materialize with her. It's almost a way of saying, "don't call me again", at least in my experience. Anyone else notice this?:confused:

Oscar Wilde

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is it with guys over-analysing this shit?

Over-analysis is dangerous. It's also something that girls and Nice Guys do. Don't do it.

letsfixthis

Don Juan
Reaction score
No overanalysis on my end, just something I've noticed. Perhaps it will provide some insight for guys who are having problems reading a girl's interest level.

Shadow Dancer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Every time a girl has said "thanks for calling" to me, it put it a red flag in my mind. But not for a lack of interest. Rather, they have too much interest. Each time she has said it, she has has soon shown one of two things...

A) She wants a relationship with me.

B) She has low self-esteem.

EVERY time.

With reason A, it would be cool if it wasn't so soon.

With reason B, I end it right there.

As for the question of the original poster of this thread...you're thinking way too much. Take that big brain of yours and relax. You're too concerned with being a DJ which is preventing you from from just "being".

-Shadow

-Zero_h0uR-

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Oscar Wilde
What is it with guys over-analysing this shit?

Over-analysis is dangerous. It's also something that girls and Nice Guys do. Don't do it.

Way too much over-anylization here on this board. I agree totally.

-- Zero-

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm just saying it's a pattern-- almost as if the girls think that I'm being blessed by their presence.

But w/e, I'll try to chill.

Don Juanobi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Perhaps it is simply a way of saying they wish your interaction didn't have to end so soon.

You should always be 'beating her to the punch' in terms of signing off anyway ;)

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That might be true Don Juanobi-- didn't really think about that. And I know I need to end things sooner =\
I get caught up in good conversations and like to string them out. I'll make a note to self.