"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

SoOoO Weird... soO confused.

homedog893

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 8, 2003
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
Location
Chi-town
Anywayz, I've been working to self-improve for a year now and i don't know what's wrong w/ me. don't tell me to read the freakin don juan bible again or else i'm gonna be pissed. anywayz, as I was struggling last year and took in all this DJ and Tony Robbins info, I saw the world in a new perspective... everything seemed to be great and I thought it would last forever! I met sooo many new people and women LOVED me and the C/F attitude and teasin them and everything... as things jst seemed great, I had my first self-doubt and things were still fine I guess. Then, I dunno but ever since that magic of seeing the world in a new perspective got repetitive and got boring, everything seemed to slowly fall apart... how do you recreate that ESSENCE?!?! everything is so boring and repeptitive i need that spark in my life and just keep the fire growing.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
I won't tell you to read the bible. I won't tell you to do anything.

I know what your going through, but essentially your just in a personal rut. I'd suggest trying something new, go out and do something completely different. It should help.

This gave me a really nice boost. Its an awesome read and well worth the time, just check it out. Just made me feel revived again.
 

gav

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Messages
1,128
Reaction score
3
to me you sound like someone who claims to have conquered the world, who has explored every little bit it has to offer
 

MarcP

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
66
Reaction score
0
You've got to try everything. When people are AFC they don't know any differant. When they then see the world like a DJ would they know differant. It's just you stick to same DJ things everyday dont try anything else and you know theres more out there but dont know where to look. You should try going out and getting new hobbys or something.
 

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 1, 2003
Messages
705
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Location
!Robin Hood country, Uk!
Before you started self-improving, you were in a rountine or a comfort zone. Then you broke free of that zone and did new things, now it seems you have slipped into a new routine.

What your problem is, is predictble, your life is predictable, chop things up do new stuff and you'll feel good again
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Top