Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Sometimes I hate peripheral vision.

pharoh

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've give you some examples to illustrate what I mean. Here:

For instance, in my college’s computer lab, I’m sitting at a computer, and there is another computer in front of me to the side. So whenever I’m doing my work looking at the screen, I can see the other person in my peripheral vision. If I start reading material to the left of the screen, it looks like I’m looking at him/her. It really makes me uncomfortable, and I usually minimize the screen so I don’t have to look that far. I’m an attractive guy, and sometimes guys and girls start fidgeting or do some weird **** with their head. This one dude was looking at me giving me a dirty look. WTF? It really sucks when that person is looking at his/her extreme side of screen, and I’m looking at the same side. Some black gangster type dudes have actually started to challenge me like he wants to start something. I sometimes wait till he stops looking at the extreme side of his screen to proceed my reading. That’s how bad it is for me.

Another example would be in class, when the teacher is talking, and there are students in my path of vision, I don’t look at the teacher because it looks like I’m looking at them. I don’t want them to get uncomfortable, so I stop looking. Also, I’ve seen kids who are sitting near me in class, and when they write, they have their head tilted towards me as though they are looking at me. When I do this, people get real uncomfortable, and sometimes put their hand onto their side so they can’t see me. This makes me feel sorry for them, so I change my writing style.

Do any of you all have this problem, and what can I do to make it lessen its effect? I hate it cause it makes me so uncomfortable in social situations.

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Doh.... Never EVER be submissive... Everytime you look away or look down or whatever you are being the weaker person. It's natural, SOMEONE HAS TO BE THE DOMINANT PARTY. So either you take control and make them submit to you or you continue being the submissive.

pharoh

Don Juan
Reaction score
See that's the thing. A simple incident like the ones I've mentioned turn into some dominance contest. WTF? I'm there to study, read, or whatever. Last thing I need is to play some stupid game of SUBMISSION and DOMINANCE. It's pathetic. That's why I avoid it. You could say it makes me look like I'm the submissive one, but I'm not their for some ego boost.

The thing is I want to develop a mindset where I don't let it bother me. Like I've seen some dudes who are so relaxed about it, who don't even care about this triviality. I don't even want to think about it being SUMBISSION and DOMINANCE like you do. Usually the people who think like this are the insecure ones who get a high off of making the other person submit or whatever the fuk you wanna call it.

Your theory is valid however, but on the basis of what I'm saying I don't see it as having any weight. I get uncomfortable with anybody who shows signs of discomfort. It's like if their acting insecure, I try to stop what I was doing to make them feel that way.

I'm asking how I can change this mindset?

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's because you make it that way. I have no issues with this in life, I never flack my eyes or anything, I just do what I want todo.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
If you act all creepy and stare at people in your peripheral vision, yeah you'll probably get that.

If you see someone looking at you, turn, make eye contact, throw them a non-threatening smile, and turn away.

Learn to make eye contact. People will think you're some kind of weirdo if you're always looking but don't want them to THINK you are. Girls especially.

Now this can get you into trouble with ghetto street thugs if you're walking down an alley at night because it could be seen as territorial, but in a f'in computer lab?? C'mon, man. Just make eye contact, give them the "what's up" nod, and keep doing whatever it is you were doing.

Hanuman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sh*t man..., stop worrying about **** like this, you are a f*cking alpha male - you don't care what people think about you when you are minding your own buisness - you are doing your thing and you are comfortable doing it. If you are not it will show and you are no alpha-male, you are a castrated puppy!

Grow a pair dude and concentrate on something important. I can't believe you are letting other people control your actions for petty sh*t like this, sure don't play any dominant submissive game but what you are doing is far worse!

"Oh I am so sorry, did I look at you in a weird way? I hope I didn't freak you out seeing that I am only dog droppings and you are the king of the universe!"

"Please forgive little me for intruding in your personal space, it was never my intention but I was so neglicent not to turn my eyes down whenever I happened to have eye contact that I deserve to die! Please shoot me right now kind Sir!"

F*ck that, this is where you want to be:

"I am sorry you got freaked out, you should really learn to relax as I wasn't even looking at you but minding my own buisness. I wouldn't even have noticed I freaked you out unless you told me so, wich makes you kind of a weirdo, in fact you are a weirdo only for freaking out."

"And Lady, trust me, when I'm making eye contact with you - you'll notice *wink*"

Hanuman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by pharoh
Like I've seen some dudes who are so relaxed about it, who don't even care about this triviality.
Yeah that would be your basic guy WITHOUT ISSUES