"The Kiss of Death Mistake"

You replay the conversation at 2 a.m. She texted back fast yesterday. Today, nothing. Was that smile friendly or flirty? What did the shoulder touch mean?

Every hour you spend decoding her signals drains your confidence and hands her the controls. Women can sense that insecurity from across the room — and it repels them.

One of the "22 Rules" kills the obsession on the spot: assume she likes you, and act accordingly. Sounds too simple. Works anyway.

Her interest tends to rise to meet your expectations. Psychologists call it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Read more...

Something I've Noticed

Ian19

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 17, 2002
Messages
185
Reaction score
0
I have seen several posts from people saying that chicks never pay any attention to them, look at them with a snobbish, bi@#tchy attitude, or treat them like crap, often when no PU attempt has even been made. This is something I also experience frequently.

I've noticed through observing dudes at work, school, and other places that chicks seem to usually direct this kind of attitude toward the better looking guys. I've noticed that guys who are unattractive, to the point that there options with women are drastically limited, are often treated differently, with a smile, politeness, etc. It's almost like sympathy from women or something.

For us who don't get treated like these guys, I wonder if it is because we are at least, at minimum, average looking. (probably well above average though) I'm just curious to know what is going on in a chick's head when they respond. Any thoughts?
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 24, 2002
Messages
11,546
Reaction score
572
Location
monrovia, CA
Women rate men as well.

She probably thinks that you are a snob and won't respond to her just like most men here do.

I have actually noticed that as well.

If you are not a true DJ, it can actually be bad to be too good looking, becuase a woman without high self esteem will not send you any signals.
 

gr8one

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 16, 2001
Messages
230
Reaction score
0
Hey DJ s, Been Gone for a good while, but am back and out there being the best DJ I can be.

If you are not a true DJ, it can actually be bad to be too good looking, becuase a woman without high self esteem will not send you any signals.
This is so true guys. One thing I learned is to appreciate ALL the ladies, regardless of ating, ( hb9- or 3, 4, etc..). A good attitude will always payoff for you!

Above all, be yourselves!

:cool:
 

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 3, 2003
Messages
1,717
Reaction score
35
Location
Wine Country, Ca
There's also the ugly rumor from the female camp that good-looking guys are pigs, players, liars and have the morals of an animal in heat. If you're looking for a good LTR prospect, then get a more average looking guy.

Sort of the same way you guys look at an exceptionally beautiful girl and think."I bet she's a real b!tch."
 

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 6, 2004
Messages
879
Reaction score
0
Age
49
Location
Earth
WaterTiger,

So THATS why women treat me like a player, hmm...:p

Anyway, I've noticed that alot of 'ugly' girls are mean and resentful... Especially towards good looking guys-- Until they get to know them, anyways-- Then they become obsessive freaks and stalk them relentlessly, buying them candy and flowers, etc.

Back on topic...

Most guys are terrified of pretty girls. They either come on like a jack @$$, or not at all due to their fears. Then, like little girls, they blame it all on the woman. If these guys would be more calm and collected about their approach they would have more success in their endeavors. It seems that in most cases, they give the woman no choice but to be a total b!tch towards them.

Take me for example, just because I wear a suit that does not mean I'm a shark!


Some women are b!tchy/flirty, just as a DJ is ****y/funny.

:cool:
 
Last edited:

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
I don't think looks has much to do with it. I believe it's in your attitude and confidence, and the way you speak to them. Sometimes this snobby veneer is used as a guard, but if she can see that you're actually a cool person and can communicate with her on a mutual level, it's easy to get past it.
 

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 6, 2004
Messages
879
Reaction score
0
Age
49
Location
Earth
Looks don't matter, but style does. A woman is less likely to notice your ugly (or pretty) mug than your sense of style.

:cool:
 

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 24, 2002
Messages
11,546
Reaction score
572
Location
monrovia, CA
good point.

better yet, and this is true, a girl is more likely to notice a nice looking average guy than a bad dressed good looking guy.

If you are a well dressed good looking guy, you have really got it going for you.
 

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 6, 2004
Messages
879
Reaction score
0
Age
49
Location
Earth
Thats sooo true. I'm a really good looking guy, but I never got much attention until I started wearing a suit and tie.

But, it is all for nothing without the right attitude.


:cool:
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Joined
Sep 28, 2001
Messages
163
Reaction score
0
Location
MI, USA
Originally posted by Ian19
I have seen several posts from people saying that chicks never pay any attention to them, look at them with a snobbish, bi@#tchy attitude, or treat them like crap, often when no PU attempt has even been made. This is something I also experience frequently.

I've noticed through observing dudes at work, school, and other places that chicks seem to usually direct this kind of attitude toward the better looking guys. I've noticed that guys who are unattractive, to the point that there options with women are drastically limited, are often treated differently, with a smile, politeness, etc. It's almost like sympathy from women or something.

For us who don't get treated like these guys, I wonder if it is because we are at least, at minimum, average looking. (probably well above average though) I'm just curious to know what is going on in a chick's head when they respond. Any thoughts?
Well, Ian, that's great of you to say that, man! That's one hell of a compliment! Ha ha ha. Cuz all the women act snotty with me. I thought It was just because I was ugly and dorky and a pathetic flop with chicks. Ha ha.

Gawd, I must be like a freakin Adonis then.

I dunno why is other than maybe part attitude of these chicks, part attitude from you, part... well I don't know exactly.

Interesting theory though, if only a bit off.


Any other ideas?
 

NatureGuy

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 4, 2003
Messages
369
Reaction score
0
There's a woman I see most every day where I work who I find really attractive, but I've noticed she actively avoids eye contact with me in the hallway and never acknowledges my presence. In fact, when I'm in her friend's office, she never comes in. According to the theory being promoted here, you're saying that she may like me?
Why does that seem funny to me? Even if she was shy, couldn't she at least smile my way a little or say Hi?
 

Grey Fox

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 14, 2003
Messages
545
Reaction score
14
Dude its called being shy. If a chick is shy towards a guy she finds interesting she feels defenseless. Chicks hate feeling defenseless, especially in the age of femminism. So they through up a tough act to shield their fear.

Here is a test you can do, if you pass her just say hi like you would to anyone else. If she suddenly puts her head down, turns red when you make eye contact and squeaks out a hi, or quickly looks away. That could signal interest. Then when you are in her friends office B.Sing tell her shy girl is wierd. Like you'll say hi in passing and she will do whatever. Shy girl's friend may just betray what she is really thinking about you. There is no knowledge that is not power my friend.

-Grey Fox
 

NatureGuy

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 4, 2003
Messages
369
Reaction score
0
Grey Fox, I'll try it next time I see her.
I actually did try what you mentioned a while ago, but she was so nervous (fleeting half-smile, practically running away from me) I wasn't sure what to do
(and I certainly didn't want to press matters which could harm her).
So I'll try it again, with a new perspective,
but I'm still laughing a bit because if her
avoidance was disapproval of me it could produce interesting results.
 

dig it

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 11, 2004
Messages
178
Reaction score
0
Location
Australia
I got told by a girl once "its like you are too good looking for me"

could be something in the stereotype thing one of you guys posted.

I guess impressions last.

But impressions are broken easily remember.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Top