"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

Something I realized today...

bootlegger

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 1, 2004
Messages
220
Reaction score
0
Working on the BC, and I realized one VERY important thing...



I don't need a reason to talk to people.

It seems as though I should, seeing as how noone talks to each other anymore.

If I ever saw something interesting enough about a person before, I would SOMETIMES ask them about it, then explain why I was asking... i.e ( Nice watch.... [then validate it]... I wanted a watch like that and blah blah blah).

I forced myself to stop doing that. Now, if I want to start a conversation with somebody, I just start it. I don't give them a reason why I chose to talk to them. I don't have to.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

true|hockey

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 5, 2003
Messages
153
Reaction score
0
it seems to me that american culture is rushed, therefore no one talks to random people. when someone does talk to you out of the blue, you begin to wonder if something is wrong.

Its a bit of a generalization, but we are sort of a closed society compared to others. What your saying sort of breaks that paradigm, which is cool in my mind.
 

bootlegger

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 1, 2004
Messages
220
Reaction score
0
It's true, but it's not because our cultured is 'rushed'... it's just because we (in general) are a lazy, fat culture.

People just get the mindset, that if they don't know you, they don't talk to you. Everybody wants to communicate, but most will not initiate it, b/c of fear of rejection/being ignored etc.

Like I talked about a week ago, when you speak to someone who is not making eye contact with you... they look up and they think they must know you. only to realize that they do not.
 

TheInfamousCBear

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 7, 2002
Messages
705
Reaction score
2
Age
43
Location
The World In My Eyes
Something happened to me yesterday when I went to 7 Eleven...

I was in line, and this older woman comes in line behind me...I was wearing my dog chain, the chain you use to choke your dog with, and this lady comes behind me and starts playing with it...I turned around and she tells me she liked my chain so much that she had to play with it....Then she starts touching on my lower back, and she tells me she was getting a piece of string off my back...Then after that, she moves in close and she starts talking about how old the hot dogs look...At this point, I felt pretty strange, cause this kind of stuff happens to me, but not in a 7-11..It was like she was trying to whisper in my ear...So then we get up to the register and she needs a quarter, and I give it to her, and she tries to get me to wait, but I was so freaked out that I told her to keep the change and I left...Damn, these older women dont play...:eek:
 
Top