"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Something I have heard.....

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 25, 2003
Messages
1,925
Reaction score
1
Location
Fort Worth, Texas
Not to analyze what girls say anything or why, but I am curious what everyones take would be if a girl said "You know, you're not that bad looking of a guy" for reasons unbeknown to you. It sort of struck me as odd that a statement like that would come out of the blue. Just sort of sounds neutral to me...
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Ebach

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 9, 2004
Messages
397
Reaction score
0
It means her first thoughts of you were that you're ugly but either she looked closer at you or your personality made up for it and she decided that you are better looking than you realize. If she said it in a calm serious way then that's most likely what it means.

Now on the other hand, she might think you're hot and say that just to neg-hit you. You'd have to know the girl good and how she talks/acts in order for you to know what the real meaning is.

So which one do you think it is?
 

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 25, 2003
Messages
1,925
Reaction score
1
Location
Fort Worth, Texas
Lol, well, if she thought I was ugly that's a real insult considering the bad looks of the guys I have seen her date.

I don't think that is what she entirely ment, though. I think I was being hard on myself and she didn't think what I was saying was correct or fair to me. I sort of suspected that she doesn't find me all that attractive; it's no surprise to me that there are girls that don't, but I think most of my unsuccess with women is due in part to the fact that I am AFC and havn't played my game right by hesitating when a girl does find me attractive.
 

maranathaman

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 19, 2000
Messages
1,392
Reaction score
17
Location
LosAngeles, Ca. USA!
The only way you can find-out for sure what she meant is to ask her out on a date. If she says Yes, then you know she's attracted to you. If she says no, then whatever, her statements are just typical nutty ******** that have no bearing on you if you don't let it. Women say idiotic stuff all the time.
 

Ebach

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 9, 2004
Messages
397
Reaction score
0
It depends on a lot on the context and the way she said. You're the only one who knows what she meant. Some expressions can have a lot of different meanings depending on the way it was said but you already knew that and that's why you're here. Again you know best what she meant. But don't take it to heart. Even if it was true, it's only true to her. It's her opinion. You might not be "her type" so it's all good. Next!
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

FratAndDiddy

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 25, 2003
Messages
215
Reaction score
0
Age
69
Location
Ohio
i agree with ebach
put her to the test and find out how far she wants to take that comment.
other than that, just chaulk it up as an ego booster
 
Top