Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Someone with experience in gradually removing bupropion?

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gonna explain quick: I've talked to my doctor, he don't want to start the removal of this medication, he says that I should keep it even with coronavirus crisis. But to get the prescription I will have to pay for the medical consultation and it will last only 1 month and 30 days.

I know I shouldn't be asking it here, but with that crisis, I'm really affraid that it could be some collapse here in Brazil and I might even not be possible to get that medication. I know if I stop it suddenly the withdrawal can be dangerous.

Im taking it for about 5/6 months, 2 pills (150mg each)... One in the morning and one at night.

Any doctor here could gave me a explanation how could I stop it on a emergency situation? I have pills for 27 days before the need to buy it again.

And again, I know it's not the best place to ask it, but if anyone have experience and could explain me how I could remove it gradually to reduce the side effects.

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am not a doctor, but was married to one. And I just recently rolled back off bupropion completely. I went every other day for a week, then the next three doses were three days apart. This under the supervision of my doctor (not my ex). Went just fine.

I'll say that I've been finding that bupropion has not much positive effect for me for a couple of years, which might explain why I got off of it so smoothly.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am not a doctor, but was married to one. And I just recently rolled back off bupropion completely. I went every other day for a week, then the next three doses were three days apart. This under the supervision of my doctor (not my ex). Went just fine.

I'll say that I've been finding that bupropion has not much positive effect for me for a couple of years, which might explain why I got off of it so smoothly.
Thanks man! For how long did you take it?

I'm not feeling so much effect now, don't know if I just get used to that... but it definitely helped me to quit alcohol. For depression it helped a little bit, but on hard days I still feel sad. The difference is that as I'm not consuming alcohol, it's being easy to deal with stressful situations.

Billtx49

Reaction score

I'm not feeling so much effect now, don't know if I just get used to that... but it definitely helped me to quit alcohol. For depression it helped a little bit, but on hard days I still feel sad. The difference is that as I'm not consuming alcohol, it's being easy to deal with stressful situations.
Replacing a prescribed drug designed to treat depression with alcohol is not a good game plan. If a Dr. thinks you still need it, stay on it and cut down on the booze intake, it can be a depressant …

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Replacing a prescribed drug designed to treat depression with alcohol is not a good game plan. If a Dr. thinks you still need it, stay on it and cut down on the booze intake, it can be a depressant …
Yep! I'm affraid when I stop using buproprion, the desire for alcohol will come back.

But anyways, I'm not drinking alcohol while on this drug... it can be pretty dangerous! Hope I can get out prescribed someday!

Billtx49

Reaction score
Yep! I'm affraid when I stop using buproprion, the desire for alcohol will come back.

But anyways, I'm not drinking alcohol while on this drug... it can be pretty dangerous! Hope I can get out prescribed someday!
The drug is the bandaid, psychological therapy is the cure and the best way to remove the bandaid…
Don’t be fooled into thinking that after having the bandaid on for awhile you feel healed and well.

When stopping the use of some antidepressants if done too rapidly, your brain can be immediately flooded with all the bad feelings that the drug was moderating or semiblocking.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
there was an 'intherooms' site an acquaintance said worked for him, when he couldn't get out to an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting.

He said the most important thing about feeling that community connection that helps to keep from drinking is to simply keep. going. to. meetings. He was proud he had this mantra memorised.

Keep. going. to. aa. meetings.

Thought I'd share that because I have no clue about prescription drugs except that they are doctor-supervised.

Good luck coming off it, I can see how you're thinking.

Being more self-reliant.

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Took it for 10-12 years. It had a very positive impact for at least the first three-five years or more. After that I suspect that I had acclimated to the drug and it wasn't really doing much. I didn't feel any changes in mood during the ramp-down and I basically feel the same now as before.

But if you're taking it for something like controlling alcoholism, I'd tread carefully and make sure you don't start playing whack-a-mole with your physical and mental health.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The drug is the bandaid, psychological therapy is the cure and the best way to remove the bandaid…
Don’t be fooled into thinking that after having the bandaid on for awhile you feel healed and well.

When stopping the use of some antidepressants if done too rapidly, your brain can be immediately flooded with all the bad feelings that the drug was moderating or semiblocking.
Yes, I don't want to quit it immediately... I would even keep it, but with that crisis, I don't know if there will be money to keep this treatment.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
there was an 'intherooms' site an acquaintance said worked for him, when he couldn't get out to an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting.

He said the most important thing about feeling that community connection that helps to keep from drinking is to simply keep. going. to. meetings. He was proud he had this mantra memorised.

Keep. going. to. aa. meetings.

Thought I'd share that because I have no clue about prescription drugs except that they are doctor-supervised.

Good luck coming off it, I can see how you're thinking.

Being more self-reliant.
Thanks man!

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Took it for 10-12 years. It had a very positive impact for at least the first three-five years or more. After that I suspect that I had acclimated to the drug and it wasn't really doing much. I didn't feel any changes in mood during the ramp-down and I basically feel the same now as before.

But if you're taking it for something like controlling alcoholism, I'd tread carefully and make sure you don't start playing whack-a-mole with your physical and mental health.
It really helped me to stop drinkin alcohol, but I was not the kind of guy who drank everyday... Usually and mostly on weekends. But sometimes I wasnt feeling good I used to drink a lot, that was the danger.

My depression helped to make things got worse with alcohol too.

Have to decide it carefully... I'm affraid if the situation got worse with corona that I will have to save every money I have for the basics.

Terminus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Really mate get off those things as soon as you can and do it progressively, this **** is no better than alcohol.
Don't waste your 30s being under this drug.
And if you're having bad moments while / after stopping it you'll always find help here.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Really mate get off those things as soon as you can and do it progressively, this **** is no better than alcohol.
Don't waste your 30s being under this drug.
And if you're having bad moments while / after stopping it you'll always find help here.
I will start gradually removing it next week... Wanna quit it asap.

Did you ever used that drug? Interest about what you said wasting my 30s? Is there something dangerou it do to us?

I feel quite normal, but idk, sometimes I feel Im slower or my mind is not as effective as before.

Terminus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Several people in my family took this kind of drug to cure depression or quit addictions.
A few months ago I was talking with an aunt of mine and she told me she's been taking these for almost 20 years (she's 52 now) because she felt like she couldn't handle quitting it and her psychiatrist kept prescribing it to her.
She realized that the drug itself had become and addiction and decided to quit, she said she wish she never had started using it cause it made her feel kinda tired inside and it never quite treated her depression it just temporarily hid it.
So she didn't feel so good after stopping using it but she had to go through that harsh moment to finally be freed from that drug and the depression.

When I said don't waste your 30s being under that **** I meant that you are not really yourself when you're under those drugs, it might hide whatever pain you're trying to escape from but you're putting yourself in a secondary state that doesn't let you enjoy life has you should (and pain is part of life).
A lot of friends take various anti depressing treatments where I study (I guess computer science is depressing) and they really act strange and aren't happy with themselves or their lives anyway.

Plus it costs you money and can have some nasty side effects.

I truly wish that you will succeed quitting soon :D

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Several people in my family took this kind of drug to cure depression or quit addictions.
A few months ago I was talking with an aunt of mine and she told me she's been taking these for almost 20 years (she's 52 now) because she felt like she couldn't handle quitting it and her psychiatrist kept prescribing it to her.
She realized that the drug itself had become and addiction and decided to quit, she said she wish she never had started using it cause it made her feel kinda tired inside and it never quite treated her depression it just temporarily hid it.
So she didn't feel so good after stopping using it but she had to go through that harsh moment to finally be freed from that drug and the depression.

When I said don't waste your 30s being under that **** I meant that you are not really yourself when you're under those drugs, it might hide whatever pain you're trying to escape from but you're putting yourself in a secondary state that doesn't let you enjoy life has you should (and pain is part of life).
A lot of friends take various anti depressing treatments where I study (I guess computer science is depressing) and they really act strange and aren't happy with themselves or their lives anyway.

Plus it costs you money and can have some nasty side effects.

I truly wish that you will succeed quitting soon :D
That's true man! I'm not feeling that much weird effect on my mood... I don't even know if it's making a big effect.

But I know my body and mind is not the same in tha matter of energy... something changed.

I started a new protocol to reduce the dosage and will finish it in june. Talked to a new doctor and he told me how we can stop this drug gradually and that I should wait 6 months to quit it. Not going to stay any longer using this drug. I'm 4 months on it btw.

Thanks for your feedback bro! =)

Terminus

Don Juan
Reaction score
That's true man! I'm not feeling that much weird effect on my mood... I don't even know if it's making a big effect.

But I know my body and mind is not the same in tha matter of energy... something changed.

I started a new protocol to reduce the dosage and will finish it in june. Talked to a new doctor and he told me how we can stop this drug gradually and that I should wait 6 months to quit it. Not going to stay any longer using this drug. I'm 4 months on it btw.

Thanks for your feedback bro! =)
Amazing :D

Keep us updated on how it's going !

Dancore

Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't take bupropion, but I recently completed my antidepressant course. I didn't like to take these pills, but I was very afraid that when I finish taking them my depression would return and it scared me. I read about all the side effects that can occur when you stop taking these pills on the Canada Drugs website and it completely killed my confidence that I could return to normal life without pills. My doctor advised me of a herbal sedative, which helped me stop taking pills, or rather relieved anxiety in this regard. I'm glad that your rejection of bupropion was successful. I know that for some time you will feel unusual, but this isn't bad. These are just new fells, you will soon get used to it. I wish you good luck and good health!

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So how is it going so far @Blacksheep ? Did you start reducing your dosage ?
Hey man,

Im on 150mg now... As I had some tough days I felt kind of more depressive, but I think it normalize again... Now I will proceed in some months to completely remove this medication, finally! =)

Terminus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey man,

Im on 150mg now... As I had some tough days I felt kind of more depressive, but I think it normalize again... Now I will proceed in some months to completely remove this medication, finally! =)
Great job man, I recommend you to exercise outdoors when the quarantine is over.
It's really good for the body and mind, and if you're going to the gym then try to take time to go outside, even just for a walk.
And get those sleeping hours it's so important for the mood :D