Somehow I naturally reframed myself...

DCC

Don Juan
Reaction score
and not in a good way :confused:

Before, I could go into a bar and at least pull decent women.

Then, I became a very spiritual person, and felt a calling to go into ministry.

Afterwards, I met a beautiful churchy girl, got myself a case of oneitis, and now my game has completely turned around.

Not in a good way. As a guy going to school to be a pastor I legitimately have to wait until marriage, or risk tarnishing my ministry.

Also, when I go on dates I'm way too analytical about everything that happens now.

Going into ministry combined with oneitis is driving my crazy. No game. Went on a first date last night and AFCed it like I haven't in a long time.

Seriously thinking about driving 2 hours away this weekend to try to find some randoms to prove to myself I can still do this.

Advice on reframing myself without going too far?

DCC

Don Juan
Reaction score
Of course I'm fat and out of shape, been doing P90X and starting to see results...maybe I just need to take some time off, get back in shape, and then refocus.

Of course, I did use the few first dates I had this week to stir a little jealousy in my old oneitis from church. That at least made me feel a little good on the inside :D

Strelok

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DCC said:
Of course I'm fat and out of shape, been doing P90X and starting to see results...maybe I just need to take some time off, get back in shape, and then refocus.

Of course, I did use the few first dates I had this week to stir a little jealousy in my old oneitis from church. That at least made me feel a little good on the inside :D
You're going to hell for that,dont u know it "ministry"? :nono:

DCC

Don Juan
Reaction score
Strelok said:
You're going to hell for that,dont u know it "ministry"? :nono:
I'd have to do a little worse than that my friend. I wish I would havge made this decision after I was married. Picking up girls as a future holy man isn't exactly easy to tell you the truth. Especially now that I'm held accountable.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DCC said:
^^THIS

DC I put on a lot of of weight the last two years and Its affected my game I'm not doing P90X but I just started at the gym again last week, it sucks but once I get that passion for it again and start seeing results that's whats up

*chugs more water from his gallon*

DCC

Don Juan
Reaction score
Solomon said:
^^THIS

DC I put on a lot of of weight the last two years and Its affected my game I'm not doing P90X but I just started at the gym again last week, it sucks but once I get that passion for it again and start seeing results that's whats up

*chugs more water from his gallon*
Anyway, considering I'm aso a part time missionary, it is pretty essential I stay at the toop of my game. Being fat, out of shape, and in Haiti (just returned from there) is dangerous in itself. Things can go wrong quickly there and it can easily be every man for himself.

BadNews

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Something isn't adding up for me here. You're going into ministry...yet you want to "drive 2 hours away to find some randoms to prove you can still do this"????

WHY are you going into ministry? Sounds like you've made a horrible error in career choice my friend. If you're this concerned about "game" and "getting randoms" and w/e else...perhaps you should seriously consider the career path you've chosen. One doesn't enter into ministry as a profession and then concern himself with "getting randoms".

Something to think about.

DCC

Don Juan
Reaction score
BadNews said:
Something isn't adding up for me here. You're going into ministry...yet you want to "drive 2 hours away to find some randoms to prove you can still do this"????

WHY are you going into ministry? Sounds like you've made a horrible error in career choice my friend. If you're this concerned about "game" and "getting randoms" and w/e else...perhaps you should seriously consider the career path you've chosen. One doesn't enter into ministry as a profession and then concern himself with "getting randoms".

Something to think about.
I wouldn't 'really' do that. I was venting. I'm honestly looking for the one person I'm going to marry. Just frustrated at myself for messing it up pretty much eevery time. Even to get an LTR you need some skill. Which I'm seriously lacking.

BadNews

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't try to force it then. Have faith and trust that your wife is waiting out there for you to find her! When you do, you will both know it. If you're honestly looking for YOUR wife, pray for her, and trust God will guide your paths together. In the meantime...focus on creating the life YOU want to live, and want to SHARE with your future wife one day. Don't put all kinds of pressure on yourself to make something happen...that isn't going to work.

DCC

Don Juan
Reaction score
BadNews said:
Don't try to force it then. Have faith and trust that your wife is waiting out there for you to find her! When you do, you will both know it. If you're honestly looking for YOUR wife, pray for her, and trust God will guide your paths together. In the meantime...focus on creating the life YOU want to live, and want to SHARE with your future wife one day. Don't put all kinds of pressure on yourself to make something happen...that isn't going to work.
That's what I think I need to do even though its so hard and almost against human nature. Be faithful in prayer, grow in him, and put 100% trust in him. Anyways, school starts in 3 months and if I want to find someone as devoted as me, there's no better place to look.

If my ministry gets as big as I hope, I'll need somebody 100% devoted to my cause as well, because there will be a lot of stress as well as quite a bit of internationa travel.