Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Some questions regarding the first date...

ilikeburritos

Don Juan
Reaction score
Preface: I'm pretty much a complete noob when it comes to girls. I usually don't have trouble getting numbers, but after that is where I fvck up. Anyways...

Last night (monday night) I was out at a bar for a friend's birthday. Well I started talking to this really cute girl who was a friend of a friend of a friend...just normal conversation, not even flirting really...but anyhow before we left I got her number. I'm planning to call her tomorrow (wednesday) and set up a date for friday.

I recently turned 21 and naturally started going out to the bars. So, I'm thinking about asking if she wants to go out for some drinks.

1) When taking a girl to a bar for a first date, should I bring her along with my normal group of guys I go out with? Or just make it her and I (no friends)?

2) Or, is a bar not even a good choice for a first date (It's usually where I go to meet girls, but I haven't really taken them there for a date before)?

3) Do I want to take her out earlier like 9 pm, get some drinks in us and get back to my apartment before 11 pm....or make things much later and leave after midnight?

4) Does all this depend on my goals? (like if I want to just get laid ASAP by this girl, or if I want to make her my GF for some steady pvssy over the summer)

Any ideas?

Entropy4

Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently turned 21 and naturally started going out to the bars. So, I'm thinking about asking if she wants to go out for some drinks.

1) When taking a girl to a bar for a first date, should I bring her along with my normal group of guys I go out with? Or just make it her and I (no friends)?
If you want to have sex with her, just you and her. If not, then bring anybody (including your mother).

2) Or, is a bar not even a good choice for a first date (It's usually where I go to meet girls, but I haven't really taken them there for a date before)?
Depends on the girl, but yes. If she's kind of a down-to-earth drinking kind of girl, it's perfect -- the best option. If she's a classier girl or there seems to be more of a connection, then you might look into doing something more "romantic". But the majority of my first dates are to bars.

3) Do I want to take her out earlier like 9 pm, get some drinks in us and get back to my apartment before 11 pm....or make things much later and leave after midnight?
Do it earlier, and do it on a weeknight. Girls usually have plans on Fridays and Saturdays, so it's hard to get them to break those for a first date (they have to REALLY like you). Get them on like a Tuesday night at like 9pm at some watering hole and just have a couple drinks and get to know her. Take it from there.

4) Does all this depend on my goals? (like if I want to just get laid ASAP by this girl, or if I want to make her my GF for some steady pvssy over the summer)
Sort of, but not really. Again, if you want her to be your GF (which you shouldn't have a clue yet), then you may want to do something nicer with her. But since she's just some girl you flirted with, I'd do something casual and see where it goes. For all you know, you won't be able to stand the chick. Taking her to a bar is pretty versatile.

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ilikeburritos said:
Preface: I'm pretty much a complete noob when it comes to girls. I usually don't have trouble getting numbers, but after that is where I fvck up. Anyways...

Last night (monday night) I was out at a bar for a friend's birthday. Well I started talking to this really cute girl who was a friend of a friend of a friend...just normal conversation, not even flirting really...but anyhow before we left I got her number. I'm planning to call her tomorrow (wednesday) and set up a date for friday.

No friends.
You.
Her.
Sexual tension and chemistry. Fun easy conversation. Ask her questions.
Be genuinely interested in her, her dreams her life..

Strong eye contact.
And show her how much you love women.
And are patient, strong, non reactive, and understand women.

You love women.
You love getting to know women
You like her. you want to get to know her
Enough , nothing else is needed

Bar is more conducive to stronger physical contact.
A coffee shop is more in tune with deep conversation.

Earlier than 9pm. so you have higher potential to bounce to some place more intimate.
If the chemistry is there, make it an 'insta date' and keep some momentum going.
Lead the interaction and bounce.

DO NOT GO INTO THIS TRYING TO MAKE HER YOUR GF, DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You like girls, dont you?
you like being with them, right?
You enjoy them, right?

your 'agenda' is only as a Man who likes women, and is enjoying himself with this woman. If the BT is there, and the chemistry is there you then escalate to more romantic intimacy. Be affectionate, but not too much
Keep eye contact and notice how she looks at you. Watch to see how close she gets to you, and how eager she wants to be near you.
Dont ask her for permission to touch her or kiss her.
Many women are WAYYYYY more eager to make out on a first date than you can even believe.
Dont be a sleaze, be gentleman. Respect her boundaries, but remember she wants a Man...not a scared little boy.
Do not bring the scared little boy to the table, dude.

Good luck.

Any ideas?

Keep your composure and your morale at ALL TIMES throughout the entire night.

No matter what she says or does.

It's all 'fun'.

It really is

ilikeburritos

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, so if I try to set up a bar date for a weekday then I can call her on wednesday and ask about drinks for thursday night...but is that too short notice?

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's ok to call Sunday through Wednesday. Thursday through Saturday you're busy as far she's concerned. If you're not, she doesn't have to know it. Call her tomorrow night and ask for Friday, if she says she can't, then let her counter. If she doesn't counter wait until next week to try one last time. If she doesn't want to go out with you, then move on. Don't waste any more time after that.

ilikeburritos

Don Juan
Reaction score
So you're saying instead of setting something up for Thursday night, set it up for Friday - the reason being I am "busy" Thursday through Saturday.

Buuut...do you realize Friday is also included in your Thu - Sat range? What you said doesn't really make sense.