Some questions on Travelling in Los Angeles, CA areas?

friendlydays

Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone here well travelled in LA? What is the size of LA? Is LA big city that it will take you long hours to travel from area to area by car? How about if you take a bus or train?

idiot_boyfriend

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Los Angeles resident here....

This town is huge, and is known for its crappy traffic. As MetalFortress put it, the a good half of the city is crap, and I wouldn't drive anywhere near it. Actually, I'm in the San Fernando Valley....the good part of it that is.

Are you visiting?

friendlydays

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies.

I went to askjeeves.com. I found this map of LA. I asked for the driving direction from Nevin to Mount Washington for example. The total estimated driving time is 13 min. http://maps.ask.com/dd?sa1=Nevin&fa...geles,+CA&btnGetDD=Search+Directions&qsrc=108
13 min?!? That's an extremely short time. Those areas are located at the extremes of LA. I asked the driving duration to different areas. It will only take you short minutes! Was it by car or train or bus or maybe plane?

Another question. How many Fire Department does LA have? How many fire stations? I searched the LA fire department is located at 200 North Main St. http://www.lafd.org/ Is that the only LA Fire Department or therer are others? Is there a difference between fire department and fire station or they are terms with the same meaning?

I'm not visiting to LA for now, but I plan in the future.

Kidd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in it bro.

And yes, its ****ing massive. Travel time depends on traffic.

friendlydays

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by idiot_boyfriend
Fire Departments? Fire stations?

We have a huge Fire Fighting force. Can I ask why do you need to know?

Here is the list of stations

This has the number of personnel
Oh thanks for the links. I was too lazy to navigate the site, I just wanted to ask people who are actually residing in LA instead.
I want to become a firefighter/paramedic in the future and I'm thinking of going to LA Fire Department. I want to know how many fire stations LA has and where they are located. The links you gave have very helpful information. thanks again.

friendlydays

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kidd
I live in it bro.

And yes, its ****ing massive. Travel time depends on traffic.
Hi. Would it take you more than an hour travelling in some street or highways by car? What about if you take a bus or train?
LA is a huge city but how come the driving duration from Nevin to Mount Washington (two areas at the extreme of LA) is only 13 min. according to this site? http://maps.ask.com/dd?sa1=Nevin&fa...eles,+CA&btnGetDD=Search+Directions&qsrc=108. I asked for the driving time from area to area and they were only short minutes. Am I reading it wrong?!?!

idiot_boyfriend

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to become a firefighter/paramedic in the future and I'm thinking of going to LA Fire Department.
Well that's very admirable of you. Good luck.

Hi. Would it take you more than an hour travelling in some street or highways by car? What about if you take a bus or train?
LOL. During rush hours, it can take about an hour to get to many places....street and highways.

I've never taken a bus, but if you're outside of the central area of L.A., it could be difficult to get a bus. Trains are quite nice, actually. I took the Metrolink from Union Station to my stop in the Valley, and it was very quick, quiet, and (somehow) relaxing.

LA is a huge city but how come the driving duration from Nevin to Mount Washington (two areas at the extreme of LA) is only 13 min. according to this site?
Dude, that's not even close to the extremes of L.A. I'd say about twenty minutes off peak driving hours. Rush hour is generally from 6:30-9:30 am and 3:30-7:30 pm. Those two places look like eight miles of each other. Los Angeles looks more like this:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&address=&city=Los+Angeles&state=CA

friendlydays

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by idiot_boyfriend
Well that's very admirable of you. Good luck.

LOL. During rush hours, it can take about an hour to get to many places....street and highways.

I've never taken a bus, but if you're outside of the central area of L.A., it could be difficult to get a bus. Trains are quite nice, actually. I took the Metrolink from Union Station to my stop in the Valley, and it was very quick, quiet, and (somehow) relaxing.

Dude, that's not even close to the extremes of L.A. I'd say about twenty minutes off peak driving hours. Rush hour is generally from 6:30-9:30 am and 3:30-7:30 pm. Those two places look like eight miles of each other. Los Angeles looks more like this:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&address=&city=Los+Angeles&state=CA
Yeah, I wanted to become a firefighter since I was a kid. haha. It must be a challenging job. Thanx bro. :)

All these infos and links are very helpful. That's all I needed to know. Hey dude, thnx so much for your time answering my inquiries. I didn't know anything about LA. lol.

You have a good day. :)