Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Some guys cant get off the hamster wheel

cruzinV

Don Juan
Reaction score
I work in the tech industry and make a good living(low to mid six figures) and ive always wondered why my older co-workers who
have also been making engineering money for DECADES yet theyre still sweating deadlines, stressting about work, grinding it out etc. I mean
how can these people whove been making good money for so long not be financially independent by now? Well I think i know why, my young coworker whos 23 years old just bought his fiance a new house for 450k becasue she didnt want to get married without having their own house. Mind you, this girl only makes about 30k a year. My coworker also told me she didnt want a big wedding, "only" 100 guests, lol!!..And in california no less, this wedding is going to cost him 30-40k all of which hell likely have to finance. They also go on expensive vacations a few times a year, theyll already been to japan and hawaii this year. She also asked him for a new car next year haha. Now i realize why the rest of the 50 something engineers are grinding it out everyday, their damn families are eating them alive!! And my young cowokrer doesnt even have kids yet! This guy is pretty much ****ed already with the 400k mortgage and will likely always be in debt and work until he dies despite making a real good income. Im not even counting if he gets divorce raped.

Papa_smu

Banned
Reaction score
I work in the tech industry and make a good living(low to mid six figures) and ive always wondered why my older co-workers who
have also been making engineering money for DECADES yet theyre still sweating deadlines, stressting about work, grinding it out etc. I mean
how can these people whove been making good money for so long not be financially independent by now? Well I think i know why, my young coworker whos 23 years old just bought his fiance a new house for 450k becasue she didnt want to get married without having their own house. Mind you, this girl only makes about 30k a year. My coworker also told me she didnt want a big wedding, "only" 100 guests, lol!!..And in california no less, this wedding is going to cost him 30-40k all of which hell likely have to finance. They also go on expensive vacations a few times a year, theyll already been to japan and hawaii this year. She also asked him for a new car next year haha. Now i realize why the rest of the 50 something engineers are grinding it out everyday, their damn families are eating them alive!! And my young cowokrer doesnt even have kids yet! This guy is pretty much ****ed already with the 400k mortgage and will likely always be in debt and work until he dies despite making a real good income. Im not even counting if he gets divorce raped.
So what are you going to do about it? How are you going to avoid the same trap they're in?

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Blue pill prisoners.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Beta life for you.
Really easy to slowly get dragged to that point if you dont set the boundaries fast enough.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Aside from her body, what is she bringing to the table? As long as the house is in his name, it's a pre-marital asset nonetheless. Which, actually works in his favor. The reality is, most people do want to be married. Unfortunately, it's the courts and the attorneys which had destroyed the institution of marriage. I know two dudes who were dating two ladies for a while now. They both make more then them, but they refused to marry the ladies due to the fear of legal costs and divorce. As more and more dudes walk away from the institution of marriage, the laws will inevitably change. It's just going to take time.

Just for the record, I am against marriage, but I'm okay with LTRs.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As more and more dudes walk away from the institution of marriage, the laws will inevitably change. It's just going to take time.
Sure they will.... into common law marriage, lol

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seeing the problem is easy. Avoiding the same pitfall is difficult to execute. You have to find a woman who is on the same page with you. You have to live within your means. Blah, blah, it's all easy to say, but very hard to do.

I too know so many people who are in their upper 50s and 60s who are still mortgaging houses and cars. It's insane to me. I expect to have my house paid for by then, if not before.

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Seeing the problem is easy. Avoiding the same pitfall is difficult to execute. You have to find a woman who is on the same page with you. You have to live within your means. Blah, blah, it's all easy to say, but very hard to do.

I too know so many people who are in their upper 50s and 60s who are still mortgaging houses and cars. It's insane to me. I expect to have my house paid for by then, if not before.
I paid for cars with cash for years and had the house paid off (with the periodic exception of a balance on my HELOC). Then I got divorced...

At least the kids' college funds are intact. They are more than set for their undergrad degrees, with maybe some left over if they continue to a Masters (at which point they need to start footing the bill).

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I paid for cars with cash for years and had the house paid off (with the periodic exception of a balance on my HELOC). Then I got divorced...

At least the kids' college funds are intact. They are more than set for their undergrad degrees, with maybe some left over if they continue to a Masters (at which point they need to start footing the bill).
Should had loaded up on debt so that could had been split with the wifey. Hopefully, you've learned from that experience in a positive one. Hey, divorces happen. We as dudes just need to prepare for the aftermath. I am sure you're a stronger dude now after experiencing the divorce machine.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe in Europe, but most US States have officially removed common law from their books; unless the couple was married in a common law state (I believe there are 8 or 11 of them). Leave Sweden dude.
Lol yeah. Sweden is clownshoes. Not project that on others, instead sort your act out.
We don't have common law or harsh divorce rape in Sweden and I don't think the rest of Europe (but not certain) either, only the UK has common law here but I don't know what their laws are. I guess even you yankees will be free from it soon. Our cohabitation law is pretty good. My point was supposed to be a joke anyway. You guys need to stop tuning into Fox Entertainment or whatever you're getting your "info" from.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
We don't have common law or harsh divorce rape in Sweden and I don't think the rest of Europe (but not certain) either, only the UK has common law here but I don't know what their laws are. I guess even you yankees will be free from it soon. Our cohabitation law is pretty good. My point was supposed to be a joke anyway. You guys need to stop tuning into Fox Entertainment or whatever you're getting your "info" from.
Us "Yankees" do appreciate your government for releasing A$AP Rocky. So, thank you for that.

;'p