"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Some girl just blatantly tried to 'pick me up' lol!

FreeStyleZ

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 26, 2003
Messages
358
Reaction score
3
I'm tickled as f*ck right now... flattered more than anything. Some girl in my communication class today basically did and used methods of picking me up that men use with women all the time. She's this black girl... she's not ugly, but not cute/pretty at all.. pretty much not my taste. Otherwise if she was pretty i'd be ecstatic that such a hot girl came onto me so obviously.

So anyway after class she asks me if i drive and asks for a ride home. I got the feeling she had been trying to get the courage to do this for weeks now because we are at the end of the semester almost and it all seems really forward. I say yeah and give her a ride home.. i didnt want to be rude so I was social with her, answered questions about myself, talked to her back, etc. Then on the ride there she's telling me about her room mate who cooks all the time and says I should come over some time to have dinner with them. I started feeling like girls probably do when they arent interested but dont want to just come out and turn someone down just like that. It would be ackward. So i say "yeah that sounds fine, i havent had home cooked food since coming to school".

So when we get to her house she asks for my phone #, which i give to her... and when she asks me if i want hers too i tell her "no thats ok, ill just save it when you call me". She called me tonight asking me to come over but i told her i had to study for an accounting exam tomorrow. I actually feel like im taking the girls role in this situation here because ive had girls give me their # before, seem intereseted, and then flake like im doing.

Any opinions on this? Any one else been in a similar situation? Share your story.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
1,596
Reaction score
4
Location
United States of America
hahhaha awesome.

Some chick asked me to come over to do a service project. In your ****ING HOUSE!??!? wtf mate? I mean, seriously. Real ****ing smooth. Anyways, I knew her kinda when I was fat, but now I'm a hot mofo and they still think we have some connection even though I only knew her name and maybe her last name.

I was like, uh...I got school.

her: saturday.
me: yeah you know, saturday school. I'll see if I can make it.

F sat. school. I ****ING BOLTED MY DOORS MAN.
 

BGMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 14, 2001
Messages
1,286
Reaction score
1
Age
45
Location
Minneapolis, MN
She obviously likes you... whether or not you want to take her up on her offer is your call.

BGMan
 

FreeStyleZ

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 26, 2003
Messages
358
Reaction score
3
She obviously likes you... whether or not you want to take her up on her offer is your call.
Uh.... thanks for pointing that out to me. I had no idea.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Top