Soft Next, Hard Next, AFC, etc...

ElvisthePrez

Don Juan
Reaction score
There's some incredible insight on this site, but I have to say the thing I notice most is different ideas, many of which conflict with each other. Here's my question about nexting. Some say ignore chicks, some say that's AFC. Some say don't next chicks, some say that's AFC. Some say it shows confidence if you next chicks, some say it show weakness if you do. Some say give the soft next, some say the hard next. I guess it all depends on the situation, but does anyone think just the idea of nexting is weird? It's like completely cutting someone off, which seems kind of harsh. Isn't better to keep as many chicks in play as possible? Especially since being easy-going, but not a wuss, is a very attractive trait to women.

Titus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Another guy who's looking for a "how to live my life" manual.
Do you by any chance have another guy's head on your shoulders too, or are you totaly 100% sure it's really yours??

Jesus. Why this, why that? How this, how that? Is that good, or is that bad?

Different personaleties, or rather different auras, different approaches, kid. You're totaly on your own here.

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In order to understand things as they truly are one must learn detachment. Having desire is an attachment. Not having desire is also an attachment. To free oneself of attachments means exactly that; to be free.

The "nice guy" is in denile of his own nature, as is the "jerk". Because both of these mindsets have attachment one way or the other they are both useless due to their rigidity and limitation.

Be a nice guy and you'll sleep alone. Be a jerk and you might not be able to sleep. To be in condridiction with ones' own true nature is to lead a pointless life. For a true Don Juan, it isn't just about getting laid. It is about being the best man that you can be.

Let go of "this way" and "that way", and discover where you stand right now. From there, you can grow. No one can tell you which way is best, or even if you should choose a "way"--thats never the point. Take what works best and forget the rest. A real man makes his own way...

Be like water~

:cool:

AlwaysExcel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Elvis! Confusing isn't it? It's like weight lifting. There's a bunch of different theories with both common and conflicting themes. You basically have to experiment around for yourself. My take on nexting is that it's up to you to figure out how much of your precious time you want to devote to a particular chick or to initially low interest level chicks in general. Some people like to keep fvcking with a chick who blows them off at first and some like to quickly move on to more interested chicks.

The common theme with each of these approaches seems to be that you stay true to yourself.

You next a girl quickly because you have better prospects that attract your attention. The point of this method is to avoid getting strung along and waste your time like an AFC would.

OR You wait a long time to next a girl, not because you are trying to please her, but because it amuses you to keep trying to pursue her, even though you accurately assess her initial low interest in you. The point of this method is that a girl's initial obstacles can't faze you. You don't get all bent out of shape and give up like an AFC would. You aren't getting strung along because you basically don't give a fvck. And you aren't wasting your time because the whole deal is amusing (a challenge) and a learning experience.

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stay true to yourself, but improve yourself.

:cool:

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ElvisthePrez
Here's my question about nexting.
Some say ignore chicks, some say that's AFC.
Some say don't next chicks, some say that's AFC.
Some say it shows confidence if you next chicks, some say it show weakness if you do.
Some say give the soft next, some say the hard next.
I guess it all depends on the situation, but does anyone think just the idea of nexting is weird? It's like completely cutting someone off, which seems kind of harsh. Isn't better to keep as many chicks in play as possible? Especially since being easy-going, but not a wuss, is a very attractive trait to women.
You're obviously new here... welcome.

It makes sense with thousands of members, hundreds of thousands of posts, and many different styles of seduction or 'being DJ' that your gonna come across some conflicting information.

Here's my opinion on nexting and everything :

When the average person comes to this site, its usually because he requires this information, also its probably because he is QUITE AFC. I which case, He is used to buying the love from a girl, or just generally not knowing how to handle himself with women, or this person just has little experience in approaching women with the intent of dating them... I'm hallucinating that this is roughly your situation.

Anyway, whoever said to ignore chicks as a way of macking... rediculous.
Sometimes it's necessary to next a chick, maybe because she's got a lot of red flags waving. In these situations, it would be... not afc... rather STUPID not to next.
Your confidence has NOTHING to do with NEXTing a girl, but HOW, WHEN, and WHY you next a girl is where you demonstrate your confidence.
Hard Next and Soft Next are simply different strategies for dealing with a prospect that is either losing interest or is a lost cause, so to speak, as either a tactic for her to regain interest, or to show you that it's time to go out macking again.

Nexting in itself is not harsh, but how you next a girl can be harsh... I usually won't tell a girl that she's lost her chance... with exceptions.

You want to keep as many GOOD leads as possible, while at the same time cutting out as much of the BAD leads as possible.

Honestly though, if you don't next a girl often, SHE will next YOU... sometimes you will get rejected... sometimes you will be on your game. But, it's how you act ... lemme tell you a story.

This person I know, ALWAYS mentions the fights that he's been in, and how he's mostly won. He seems very confident, and can often pull many of the HOTTEST women. However, the time came to back up what he was saying, and he crumpled over at the site of the dude... WHO WAS HALF THE SIZE! Despite the fact that this was the same person who had slept with his girlfriend not two months earlier. Behind it all he is a complete wuss, and after seeing that display, it's become a simple task to see his wussiness, which is well hidden, and leads to his girlfriends cheating on him (3 out of the past 3).

Maybe that'll clear things up... PM me if you have more questions.

DEKKA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the best advice comes not from this board, but from personal tried and true experience . that is my advice to everyone out there. some things work, others do not. some of those things that do not may actually work for some guys. some of those things that work may not work for another guy. personal experience is what adds the perfect touch to good ideas.

if theres a conflict of opinion find out what works for you personally with the most success. remember, there are a lot of keyboard jockeys out here in cyberland, who like the sound of their own advise... doesn't exactly make it true in the real world.