Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Social Media Wokeness, Feminism & The Death of Discourse

Reaction score
Well today was a cluster****.

First off all of this could be boiled down to 1) know your audience and adjust your words accordingly and 2) dont get into pointless arguments on social media.

I participate on a few industry specific job boards online. One post today made mention that the position hey were hiring for were only accepting female applicants.

At which point I'm like. '' hey isn't that illegal''. So i check online, and with a few friends and sure enough ya it is illegal.

So I post to the OP saying hey man just fyi it's illegal to discriminately hire based on gender.

fast forward a few hours and im back-pedalling/putting out fires from a bunch of angry woman who misinterperated my entire point to be not to hire women rather than the actual point of calling out discriminatory and illegal hiring practices.

what a ****ing nightmare. At no point and in no way did I say a woman or women in general shouldnt get the job. I said its not legal to discriminate while hiring on the basis of gender.

Granted

1) text isnt the best medium for discussion
2) social media can be a cesspool
3) I am technically legally right.
4) I know better than to get into useless arguments.

Thoughts boys?

Lone Philosopher

Don Juan
Reaction score
Women react based on their emotions usually. So without thinking they read that, took it the wrong way because women default to victimhood and attacked you. I agree that you are right and I think you shouldn't have apologized for it. But like you said, best move is to not waste your time with online arguments like that.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stay off social media for anything serious or political. That's what's landed sooooo many people in trouble but yet no one learns.

Plus feminism is very strong now adays and is very one sided. It's a hard battle to win.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Check out this for example: Ridesharing that's targeted for women.

I guarantee you if a guy created a rideshare app targeted for men, there would be tons of backlash.

But nothing happens as long as it fit's within the feminists agenda. Very stupid but the world we're living in now.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

First off all of this could be boiled down to 1) know your audience and adjust your words accordingly and 2) dont get into pointless arguments on social media.

I participate on a few industry specific job boards online. One post today made mention that the position hey were hiring for were only accepting female applicants.

At which point I'm like. '' hey isn't that illegal''. So i check online, and with a few friends and sure enough ya it is illegal.

So I post to the OP saying hey man just fyi it's illegal to discriminately hire based on gender.

fast forward a few hours and im back-pedalling/putting out fires from a bunch of angry woman who misinterperated my entire point to be not to hire women rather than the actual point of calling out discriminatory and illegal hiring practices.

what a ****ing nightmare. At no point and in no way did I say a woman or women in general shouldnt get the job. I said its not legal to discriminate while hiring on the basis of gender.

Granted

Thoughts boys?
It isn't your job to walk on eggshells in this world. If people are too sensitive and cannot think rationally and critically, that's their problem. You continue to stand for what you believe and you speak your mind. That's it, brother. But yes, generally speaking, avoid getting into these discussions, especially on Social Media/text. There's just so much room for misinterpretation and time wasting.

But if you do end up in that discussion and have the time to get into an educational conversation, you can point them at so many Tedtalk videos of actually strong women stating how feminists are undermining feminism and no strong women now stand for feminism. Tell them to stop making a contest where there is none and to take a moment to actually analyze your comment. Now if it turns all negative then don't waste your time with people who are blinded by their agenda and no open to have honest, respectful, mindful conversation and move on.

Modern Man Advice

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They can screech all they want, it's still illegal to discriminate.

These women don't actually care about equitable employment. They screech about equality right up until the job requires them to get their hands dirty, then they're sputtering about men and women not being equal.

You did the wrong thing to apologize and backpedal. These people don't actually care about the issue, they care about getting you to shut up. Don't give them the satisfaction if you can do so without losing your job.

FuzzX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They can screech all they want, it's still illegal to discriminate.

These women don't actually care about equitable employment. They screech about equality right up until the job requires them to get their hands dirty, then they're sputtering about men and women not being equal.

You did the wrong thing to apologize and backpedal. These people don't actually care about the issue, they care about getting you to shut up. Don't give them the satisfaction if you can do so without losing your job.
Its not so much that they want you to 'shut up' as to lay down and die. Anything. A N Y T H I N G that alludes to the patriarchy is tantamount to heresy and deserves no less than the absolute obliteration of all things YOU.

We are in serious trouble.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Throughout the last maybe 100 years, people have established a currency called a "Favor."

This currency, is what cancel culture deals in, this is not about what is right, what is wrong, being virtuous, social justice, all this nonsense is just a front for people to forcibly remove you and fill your position with somebody that they know, so that they can earn favor, maybe its the bosses daughter, something like this.

They know exactly who they want in the position, this is why they can deal in specific genders, because there is a favor being done and now you have inserted yourself in-between the psychopath and their favor.

I used to work in a building of almost all women, this was on a weekly basis, constant revolving door of women in and out for the dumbest reasons, for really no reason other than favor.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Granted

Thoughts boys?
Dumbass on your end. The Era is low T and female victim hood on steroids. You don't **** from your workplace nor do you get into **** fits on social media.

Women are parasites today looking at victim status and burning men at the stake just cause.

Foolish. Be smarter. Don't ever back pedal nor apologize.

Steel_Neurons

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thoughts boys?
oof.

My $0.02:

1. Never give unsolicited advice (especially to randoms).
2. Never waste hours arguing about it. State your reason for it once and wish them a good day if they keep going.
3. Never backpedal/apologise if you genuinely don't think you did something wrong.
4. Don't go on social media in the first place.
5. Just put this down to experience and don't repeat it.

For the record, I think you're probably right and had good motivations behind your post.