Soccer Is Whack

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
Derek Flint said:
I suppose you know better than someone who professionally played both sports and who made a living at it?

Again, you haven't a clue.
No your right I dont have much of a clue about gridiron but I have eyes and a low tolerance to watching boring sh!t. Dont get me wrong soccer isnt that far ahead of it in the excitement factor.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
( . )( . ) said:
No your right I dont have much of a clue about gridiron but I have eyes and a low tolerance to watching boring sh!t. Dont get me wrong soccer isnt that far ahead of it in the excitement factor.
No, you don't possess the intellect to understand the intricacies of the game.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
Derek Flint said:
No, you don't possess the intellect to understand the intricacies of the game.
Now lets not get nasty with personal attacks mate, I'll tell you though your kind of half right. I dont really want "intellect" with my sport.

Keep chess as it is, and football as football.

seanchai

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
( . )( . ) said:
Oh then that settles it, its not boring as bat sh!t to watch. :rolleyes: LOL at "brutal". It barely rates above soccer in that department. But some guy who changed codes said it so it must be true.
Dude, it's okay to think it's boring, but you are either blind or retarded if you think NFL football is as weak as soccer.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score

seanchai

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Taviii said:
Now watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdiEcSdIqbs

Its the same sh!t just that we Europeans don't wear tons of protection like yanks...

Never mind taking a brake every 2 minutes like you do.
Ah Jesus, it's NOT the same BECAUSE of the breaks. You CANNOT run full speed into someone and slam them to the ground without pads in the 79th minute of a rugby match. I've watched a hell of a lot of rugby and you can't tell me that happens. The players just get too tired because of the nature of the game. Starting every down from basically a track start and wearing pads means you can hit someone a lot harder than you can in rugby.

English World Cup-winning captain Martin Johnson, one of the ballsiest fvcks in world sport and a big NFL fan, admitted he could never play it because of how brutal it is. I trust his judgment.

PUA

Don Juan
Reaction score
Soccer is one of the most recognized and celebrated sports in the world. It is this for a reason! Just because some ignorant Americans don't play it means its 'whack'!?? Bull****! My bet it that if it became mainstream in America (which hopefully it will due to the arrival of Beckham), then it would stay there for along time and most of your attitudes would change!

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM6EauZ_LV4

You won't see a hit like that in rugby because nobody in rugby stands 15 yards away from the ballcarrier and sprints into him at the snap of the ball. Rugby is tough, for sure, but for different reasons.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Taviii said:
Now watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdiEcSdIqbs

Its the same sh!t just that we Europeans don't wear tons of protection like yanks...

Never mind taking a brake every 2 minutes like you do.
Yes, but those guys aren't nearly as big, strong and fast as those in the NFL, thus the collisions aren't nearly as violent.

Try being hit by a 6'4", 260 lb linebacker who runs a 4.5 40 yard dash without protection.

Also, that "tons of protection" is often used for hitting an opponent.

The guys in the video above are hardly what one would call physical specimens and viewing the video, it's obvious that they are not nearly as big, fast or physical as NFL players and the collisions aren't as violent.

Compare the NFL hits where guys are being hit and they literally go airborne, heels over head upside down.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PUA said:
Soccer is one of the most recognized and celebrated sports in the world. It is this for a reason! Just because some ignorant Americans don't play it means its 'whack'!?? Bull****! My bet it that if it became mainstream in America (which hopefully it will due to the arrival of Beckham), then it would stay there for along time and most of your attitudes would change!
Soccer is flat out boring, that's why it's not popular in America.

90 minutes of scoreless ties, settled by penalty kicks is hardly exciting.

There are far more action packed, exciting sports in America than soccer, and that's why soccer will never be popular in the US despite years and years of trying.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
Derek Flint said:
Try being hit by a 6'4", 260 lb linebacker who runs a 4.5 40 yard dash without protection.
What a weak argument, the other guy getting hit is just as big with ARMOUR PLATING.

Derek Flint said:
Soccer is flat out boring, that's why it's not popular in America.
This statement is just plain dumb. What about every other country it IS popular in?

You got it around the wrong way anyway, NFL is boring ANYWHERE but America, hence why you cant sell it to any other countries. (for not want of trying.)

Derek Flint said:
90 minutes of scoreless ties, settled by penalty kicks is hardly exciting.
:rolleyes: As opposed to a game interupted every 2 minutes?

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
By the gods, its like watching a bunch of AFCs standing in a bar arguing whether Tyler Durden or Mystery are the best...

So do any of you guys actually play all these sports on a regular basis, on a professional or amateur team?

cuzza

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I play football for my school team and the 5-aside league. I recently stopped playing for a team... my team just got progressively worse, and I was constantly played outta position... was quite the hackoff.

I'm a Manchester City fan. We're crap, play crap and can't string anything together. Yet we all still go the games religiously and give our team the support... it's a way of life.

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL, yeah, they're all good sports, geez.

Why don't we all just whip it out and measure, while we're at it.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mr_elor said:
LOL! Soccer exciting?

About as exciting as watching paint dry.

I tried watching a match the other day.

In 5 minutes, the ball was kicked out of bounds over a dozen times, play was stopped 3 times for "injuries" which miraculously healed after the player was on the sideline, there was not one instance of where either team was able to control the ball by having 3 players of the same team pass the ball without losing it, and there was one shot on goal, which missed badly, but for some reason, the fans went delirious.

After that, I fell asleep. It was 2:00 PM in the afternoon.

The standard they used is which sport is the least predictable as far as who will win and who will lose, and using that standard, they chose soccer, which means that a bad team has a good chance of beating a good team. Probably because the games are so low-scoring and boring, that the odds are more even when a scoreless tie is being decided by penalty kicks.

Could you imagine and NFL game being decided by a field goal kicking contest?

Yeah, that would be soooo exciting. LOL!

No wonder the fans get piss drunk and fight and riot.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
( . )( . ) said:
What a weak argument, the other guy getting hit is just as big with ARMOUR PLATING.

This statement is just plain dumb. What about every other country it IS popular in?

You got it around the wrong way anyway, NFL is boring ANYWHERE but America, hence why you cant sell it to any other countries. (for not want of trying.)

:rolleyes: As opposed to a game interupted every 2 minutes?
Armour plating? WTF are you talking about?

Again, you don't posses the intellect to understand the intricacies of 11 men working in unison for a common goal, while 11 men are working in unison, trying to stop them.

Or the intricacies of a cover 2 defense, and it's strengths and weaknesses.

And in soccer, it's usually one guy dribbling the ball, while a majority of his teammates stand around watching.

See my post above about how "exciting" that fag game is.

BTW, 1 Billion people tuned in to watch the last Super Bowl, which is 1/5th of the world's population, so I guess it's not just popular in America.

BTW, put on some of that "Armor plating" and get lit up by a 6'4", 250 lb. Linebacker that runs a 4.6 40 and while wearing the same "Armor Plating" and tell me how it feels.

If you can.

I'd rather get shot with a .45 while wearing a bullet proof vest.

Less trauma.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
Derek Flint said:
I'd rather get shot with a .45 while wearing a bullet proof vest.

Less trauma.
I'd rather just not watch it.

Less boring.

BTW, 1 Billion people tuned in to watch the last Super Bowl, which is 1/5th of the world's population.
I call bullsh!t.

Look mate to many non americans who grew up with real football it looks piss weak and boring, your not gonna change my mind or the rest of the world population. Hell if all the hype conjured through that big advertising push 10 or so years ago or whenever it was couldnt sell it then your not.

What do you want me to say? Yeah obviously soccer is not as physical as it but then what? To me thats like saying lawn bowls isnt as physical as Ten pin bowling either but who gives a fvck theyre both not the most entertaining sport in the world.

Once again I'm not a huge soccer fan either so dont get me wrong. But I hardly think you being a fan of american "football" gives you free access to call soccer "faggy", thats a joke. Take the armour off and play a 40 minute half without stopping maybe then try shouting "faggot's game" to soccer fans, you might be taken seriously then.

seanchai

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
( . )( . ) said:
What do you want me to say? Yeah obviously soccer is not as physical as it but then what? To me thats like saying lawn bowls isnt as physical as Ten pin bowling either but who gives a fvck theyre both not the most entertaining sport in the world.

Once again I'm not a huge soccer fan either so dont get me wrong. But I hardly think you being a fan of american "football" gives you free access to call soccer "faggy", thats a joke. Take the armour off and play a 40 minute half without stopping maybe then try shouting "faggot's game" to soccer fans, you might be taken seriously then.
FINALLY we agree!

I bet Derek Flint would love to watch the Ravens defense play 40 minutes of actual tackle football with any soccer team on earth. I know I would.