Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

So What's Going to be Cheap?

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As someone who's pretty well off financially and appears is going to continue to be throughout this whole plague, what kind of things are going to drop in price? Stocks are pretty obvious, but what about other things? Advertising? Real estate? General labour?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You could start by making a list of businesses you think will close. Tourism would be tops, I think. They will liquidate assets. I live in a college town with a shrinking college. Almost all of the locally owned restaurants and bars were just barely staying in business before the outbreak. I don't see any of them surviving. One restaurant owner has already said they are not coming back. So in my town there will be a glut of restaurant equipment for sale.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Cleaning ladies and lawn care people. When the economy is uncertain those two are some of the first things people cut from their household budget.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've got my eye on S&P 500 ETFs and Dow Jones ETFs for a long term buy and hold....

....also eyeing real estate in Texas.....

Cruises will be dirt cheap.... Flights will be dirt cheap as well....

Car prices will drop if you know how to haggle....

Gas will be cheap due to price war between Russia and Saudi Arabia.....

thinker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Guns and ammo, a lot of people that have never even held a gun in their lives have been panic buying both. Give it a few months and these people won't want to have these guns in the house anymore and will be looking to offload them. Prices are going to be insane, I can't wait.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I read that when the greek economy was collapsing, bl0wjobs were going for the price of a sandwich, sometimes literally a sandwich.
Not gonna trade covid for hpv...if I have to get sick I want the real deal!

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dollars are going to be cheap...they're already loaning them out at 0% interest. Be a bank.

Or, were you looking for gains?

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Silver is already historically cheap; the gold to silver ratio is at an all-time high, which means that either gold is overpriced and silver is at its true value, or silver is underpriced and gold is at it's true value.

Hint: the spot price is being manipulated by paper trading due to the leverage that paper trading offers.

Try buying ANY kind of gold or silver bullion at these current prices as of today. Investor demand for physical is SUPER HIGH; I'm putting a few thousand into SLV & GDXJ.

I'm keeping my eye on Vegas real estate as well, keeping my finger on the pulse of the real estate market. I haven't quite made up my mind how that one's going to go just yet.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This one might be from left field, but I think hair transplants and cosmetic surgeries in general might see a drop in prices....

....I've been thinking about getting a second hair transplant for a while. And with social distancing and work-from-home now the norm for the foreseeable future, it might give me a chance to get the procedure without anyone noticing....

Ohso-Phresh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Guns and ammo, a lot of people that have never even held a gun in their lives have been panic buying both. Give it a few months and these people won't want to have these guns in the house anymore and will be looking to offload them. Prices are going to be insane, I can't wait.
How are you gonna find used gun sellers?

On that note it seems like gun sales are gonna have an outstanding quarter, same with grocery chains. Gun retailers in my area have gone out-of-stock on handguns and general ammo.

Ohso-Phresh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Silver is already historically cheap; the gold to silver ratio is at an all-time high, which means that either gold is overpriced and silver is at its true value, or silver is underpriced and gold is at it's true value.

Hint: the spot price is being manipulated by paper trading due to the leverage that paper trading offers.

Try buying ANY kind of gold or silver bullion at these current prices as of today. Investor demand for physical is SUPER HIGH; I'm putting a few thousand into SLV & GDXJ.

I'm keeping my eye on Vegas real estate as well, keeping my finger on the pulse of the real estate market. I haven't quite made up my mind how that one's going to go just yet.
Yeah, no on silver, industrial consumption will dive just as the economy is heading into a recession, that’s why the price recently cratered. Physical gold maybe, but bitcoin’s Stock-to-flow ratio will surpass gold within the year making it the hardest money ever invented. It’s also easily transportable during geo-political uncertainty.

Good luck with Vegas RE. Water is becoming an ever scarce resource, they are gonna have problems.

Ohso-Phresh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dollars are going to be cheap...they're already loaning them out at 0% interest. Be a bank.

Or, were you looking for gains?
If you can get a chunk of cash, being a hard money lender can get you 12-18% secured by real estate. Turnover is 3-12 months on projects. Also we will be coming into a wave of foreclosures with all the quarantine and non-work getting folks behind on payments so there’s that.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oil