So this is where I am today....

SingleFather

Reaction score
Dated a woman for 4 years, she just had my baby, we're not married. No sooner than after my son was born, I lost my job after 12 years. Then someone hits my car, totalling it. It was a bad 2004. Returned to college FT, worked BS jobs in evening, and played Mr. Mom for a year. Money situation got worse, so I decided to return to work FT, and finish school later. By then, I lost my townhome, and moved back to parents. I'm very depressed.
So here I am, without a job, without a place of my own, with a 2 year old, and no one to stand beside me. I'm exhausted, but I'm not going to give up. I just don't know where to go anymore, who to turn to. I think if I could just land a decent job, things would start to fall into place. Any suggestions would be great.
My son stays with his momma on weekdays, and I get him on weekends. I still have some love for her, but she's the least of my worries. If she's found another man, so be it. I just want to get my life back. How sad is my life? What should I do at this point? I pray all the time. Maybe I should pray harder?

DinoCassanova

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How sad is my life? What should I do at this point? I pray all the time. Maybe I should pray harder?

>>> Well, your life really isn't all THAT "sad". I mean, it sounds like you're really down on yourself here. You're not , maybe, where you thought you'd be at this particular point. But that's alright. You are where you are now, and that's it. If you're healthy, and you have a nice family around you, you're not all that bad off. Plus you have a great son; which is something I , at 30, do not yet have and would like to. So that's a benefit for you, believe it or not. At least in my opinion.

As for what you should do......... prioritize a little. What's most important? Which section? The job? The place? If it's the place, you'd have to work on saving money for either a downpayment on a little condo or townhome or something (probably ultimately a better idea to "buy" whenever possible as opposed to renting). If it's the job, you have to be doing something you're truly happy with. That's cliche but it's the truth. If it's the area of your life that has to do with meeting/dating women, then you should study alot of this kind of stuff you read on this site, and other sites like bristollair.com (you can't go wrong).

As far as the praying, although I was raised strictly Roman Catholic, I personally am not a praying man myself. Probably, in all honesty, when I think about it, I'm not even a true "believer" in any of that kind of stuff. The whole Judeo-Christian dogma. I personally think prayer will be about as effectual as going into your basement, making an altar, and casting magic spells at midnight. Unless it's accompanied by real-world action that is. Because by itself it's basically a balm for injured souls, in my opinion. However, if it makes you feel good, makes you feel better and more hopeful, then by all means you should continue to do so, and maybe even "harder" yes. I think there's probably something to the theory that prayer has certain psychological benefits. Good luck. Take it one week at a time. ~Dino

bbestar

Banned
Reaction score
I know your goin through some perilious times like these in your life...

Life is like walking through a large mansion with no electricity... You are holding the lamp in your hands is the present... The past you must forget cause its darkened, and the future is mysterious, and unknown..

You know there are so many possibilites and so many choices to make in your path... but I trust that you will realize the need for a personal relationship with Christ...

And with that relationship, I know he will walk with you and light the way in those deep dark rooms, like has for me over the years...

I leave you this verse to take with you

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.-- Romans Chapter 10, verse 9 and 10

SingleFather

Reaction score
Thank you sir.... I'm going to bounce back from this (God I hope so, I've been saying that for two years) ....I am a work in progress, a project. My goals are as following....

1. Find a decent paying job

2. Find a place to live

3. Finish college

4. Have a family again

5. Pay off bills

I'd love to have a job again.....

SingleFather

Reaction score
Originally posted by bbestar
I know your goin through some perilious times like these in your life...

Life is like walking through a large mansion with no electricity... You are holding the lamp in your hands is the present... The past you must forget cause its darkened, and the future is mysterious, and unknown..

You know there are so many possibilites and so many choices to make in your path... but I trust that you will realize the need for a personal relationship with Christ...

And with that relationship, I know he will walk with you and light the way in those deep dark rooms, like has for me over the years...

I leave you this verse to take with you

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.-- Romans Chapter 10, verse 9 and 10
Thank you sir..... thank you so much.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
why dont you find a income based apartment ?

i can help if i knew which state you lived in.

SingleFather

Reaction score
Originally posted by penkitten
why dont you find a income based apartment ?

i can help if i knew which state you lived in.
ty penkitten.... pm

this is a positive start.