So she wants a Bad Boy???

snakeeyes

Don Juan
Reaction score
Theres this girl that Im interested in and her name is Lily. To be honest my last gf is hotter than her, but this girl is very pretty. kinda skinny and shorter than my ex. I met her through my friends gf who for some reason tried to set me up with her. At that time my interest wasnt high enough because I thought that she was kindof fobbish(Fresh of the Boat) because she dressed and spoked as if she was from Hong Kong. I on the other hand consider myself to be bicultural. I was born in China but came here when I was two. I have fully assimilated into the American culture and at the same time still embrace my Chinese culture. It took me a while to get a chance to talk to her because she went to China for a month, so I sent her a message through friendsters days before she left. I guess at that time my interest was increasing. My impression of her was that she seemed quiet and kindof shy because the few times that I have seen her she would walk away whenever I approached her.

well when she came back her friends and my friends met up at a club. My friends and her friends were telling her to talk to me and dance with me, but she would again walk away with one of her girl friends. I didnt chase after her so i decided to dance with other girls. Well that night didnt go according to plans. I took like four shots and didnt feel very well and ended up chilling outside of the club. My friend got really messed up and left the club so the whole group decided to leave. I didnt get a chance to dance with her, but I did freak other girls. Well later on that night there was some huge drama between my friend Carl and his gf Annie and also with my friend Nick and his gf Linda. That whole night was ruin because we left the club too early and I didnt get a chance to dance or have a meaningful conversation with her. A week later I sent her a message through friendsters, this time by saying that we should kick it sometime and also asking for her number. It took her a day to answer my message. She didnt give me her # but she did give me her Screen name. I was like Okay, I can respect that. I mean she doesnt know me that well. On that same week after I came home from a friends party My friend Carl called me at 2 a.m. saying that Lily is over at his gf annie's house. In the background I could hear Annie telling me to come over and that Lilly really wanted to see me. They tried to give her the phone. It seemed like they were trying to pass the phone to lily but she kept running away. I told them that it was getting late and that I didnt have my car so I wasnt able to drive to the house. On that weekend I went on friendsters and checked her profile. On the part Who I want to meet? she put that she would never go for a younger guy no matter what her good friends are telling her to do. Her comments seemed very defensive which also offended me because yes I am younger but that doesnt mean that Im immature. She barley knows me. In fact at that time she knew nothing about me. So inorder to Counter her defensive and judgemental comments I also wrote something on my friendsters. It was a description of who I am. I wrote that I am educated and ambitious. I also wrote that other people should not judge others without getting to know them first. I never mentioned her name and made the paragraph seem like it was directed to people that dont know me well instead of her.
I also dramtically improve my profile. I looked at my old profile and I could understand why some people might see me as immature because I wrote some stupid stuff, but didnt care because I thought that only my friends will read my profile. I didnt see it as a tool to getting girls.

I waited 2 weeks before deciding to look for her online to chat with her. when I chatted with her she seemed less defensive maybe because it was online and not in person. I actually enjoyed chatting with her and it seems as though she enjoyed chatting with me. I kept the conversation lite and funny. I would chat with her no more than twice a week. everytime I chat with her it seems as though she is feeling more comfortable with me. the fourth time we chatted I asked: What are you doing for new years? Lily: why, u wanna come? me: Im just asking. Lily: U wish you can come. Lily: yeah, you can if you want. Me: Hahhah. Lily: yeah but we are still not sure what we wanna do so......
Okay now she wants to hangout, but I still didnt ask for her #.
So last sunday i saw her online again. This time I asked her for her #.
I said: Now that my finals is over and that I have some free time, give me your number so that we can do something over my break.

Again she didnt give the # immediately. She ask if I was going to give her a gift. Then I said: Ill see if you deserve it or not.
Lily: ok u can call me if you are free, but I have to work. weekend is fine. thats all.
Then she gave me the first 3 digits and pretended that she forgot the last 4 digits. She kept lagging until she gave me the last 2 digits and told me to guess the missing middle 2 digits. I gave it a try until she gave me a hint. She made it interesting by playing this game. I was starting to like this girl.

I told my friend Kevin that I got lilys number. He told me that I should becareful what i type online because Lily would send our chat script to her friend Annie. I found that to be a bit immature. Another thing is that Annie told Kevin that in order to get Lily I should act like a drug dealer and a triad boss because she likes bad boys. What I know about her previous relationship is that her ex is a crack head and that she ended the 6 year relationship because of that. Now my question to you Dj's is that by using these Dj tactics can I still get this girl without actually being the bad boy. I know that Annie was probably trying to be funny and exagerating when she said that. I can tell you that Im a college student, have a part time job, likes to party, clubbing, not a weed head but occaisionally smoke the chronic, not a alcoholic but occaisionally drink the juice. I guess Im down for anything, but I also consider myself a good guy. Should I continue to be funny, ****y, confident, and challenging or this wont satisfy the need for a bad boy. I know I will never change myself just to get this girl, but I want some opinions about this. Oh yeah I havent called her yet. It hasnt been a week yet, plus Ill probably wait until after christmas. We have a lot in common like we are from the same city in China and I found out that shes not that Fobbish after all. She doesnt seem like a girl that would date a crack head. A lot of people who wrote testimonials on her friendsters claim that she is not the outgoing type and recommends that she go out and have more fun. I guess now shes listening to their advice.

ego

Don Juan
Reaction score
squirrels: :p

"What I know about her previous relationship is that her ex is a crack head and that she ended the 6 year relationship because of that."

Oh well. If she broke up with her old bf because of that you'll probably make her reflect her ex in your personality if you start acting like a bad boy or provider.

"Should I continue to be funny, ****y, confident, and challenging or this wont satisfy the need for a bad boy. I know I will never change myself just to get this girl, but I want some opinions about this."

I think you're doing good, dude! Keep it up, and don't change your personality - It's too risky and might destroy the relation that you've built this far.

It seems like this girl is playing hard to get, but as long as you stay ****y, funny and confident i dont think that i'll be a problem. Don't chat with her too much though, or else she might become your chat-buddy, and that's now what we want, or do we? :) I think you get the idea. Try to setup a date or something - It seems like she likes you, so if you ask her to join you when she's in a good mood, she'll definitely go for it.

What you could do is find out what she thinks about you by asking her friend about it.

snakeeyes

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry guys for writing such a long post. I just got caught up in typing. Well to simplify things, you guys can just read the last paragraph and give me some opinions.

Thanks Ego for your insight and encouraging comments. But I dont think I will be asking her friend about what she thinks about me because Im sure shes going to end up telling Lily. On the other hand her friend has been asking my friends about how I feel about lily. But my boyz wont tell, plus I dont tell them much.
And Squirrels, that was a funny pic. Yeah even I wouldnt want to read all that.

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
snakeeyes: **** man how old are you two? This seems like something that would happen in grade 7. Personally, I wouldn't put up with this ****. Trust me she's damaged goods. I would just drop her if I were you. Save yourself a lot of time and grief. She's pulling all this "hard to get"/"hurt in the past" crap and you're falling for it!! You're falling for it! She's basically done nothing for you. She has evaded contact with you numerous times, doesn't want to talk on the phone with you. She walks away from you, doesn't dance wirh you....all this and you want her even more. You've changed your profile for her. **** man I should smack you upside the head. *ding* *dong* Anyone home in there?

I'm still laughing about her evading you when you approach her. How immature is this girl? She doesn't like younger men because of some sort of maturity issues? She should judge herself before others.......and all this stuff about sending her friends your chat log, and all this gossip with the group of friends involved. CHILDISH!

Again, drop her. Let her play her stupid games with some other sap. Don't be the sap.

snakeeyes

Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay lets get something straighten out. First she never cried about her problems to me. I always kept the conversation simple. we were talking about weed and one thing led to another and we started talking abour crack. Thats when she mentioned the ex. But that was it. At the club I didnt really ask her to dance. She just walked away like a shy little girl. I didnt bother chasing her. I can agree that she seems like the immature one not me. I also have never called her and she never told me that she didnt want to talk to me. She gave me her # and seem eager to hang out. Playing these cat and mouse games is natural for girls to test guys. The first time I asked for the # was through a online message and at that point I barely spoken to her, so she was just cautious about giving a guy she barley knew her #.I changed my profile not just for her. I noticed that it needed a change and it worked out for me. Now I have random girls sending me messages because of that. I cant NEXT this girl until I talk to her on the phone and actually go out with her one on one. Her immature little girl actions is the only negative. Her playing hard to get hasnt annoyed me yet, so she stays for now. As for her baggage, I still dont know if she is affected by her past relationship. Its too early to tell. She has not shown that she has any emotional and family issues.

IDISAGREE

Don Juan
Reaction score
Doesn't matter if she wants a bad boy. She is just not into you. Period.

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by snakeeyes
Okay lets get something straighten out. First she never cried about her problems to me. I always kept the conversation simple. we were talking about weed and one thing led to another and we started talking abour crack. Thats when she mentioned the ex. But that was it. At the club I didnt really ask her to dance. She just walked away like a shy little girl. I didnt bother chasing her. I can agree that she seems like the immature one not me. I also have never called her and she never told me that she didnt want to talk to me. She gave me her # and seem eager to hang out. Playing these cat and mouse games is natural for girls to test guys. The first time I asked for the # was through a online message and at that point I barely spoken to her, so she was just cautious about giving a guy she barley knew her #.I changed my profile not just for her. I noticed that it needed a change and it worked out for me. Now I have random girls sending me messages because of that. I cant NEXT this girl until I talk to her on the phone and actually go out with her one on one. Her immature little girl actions is the only negative. Her playing hard to get hasnt annoyed me yet, so she stays for now. As for her baggage, I still dont know if she is affected by her past relationship. Its too early to tell. She has not shown that she has any emotional and family issues.
Girls who say they want an older "mature" man and they themselves are immature, are a red flag in my opinion. I'm on friendster myself......it always cracks me up how practically every girl writes down good traits that she "has".....but in reality she has very few if any of those. How do I know? I talk to them. I analyze them, everything I say is purely from first hand, tested experience. I'll say this straight up: in general chinese girls got problems. Again this is experience speaking, don't mix it up with racism. I got some really good and close chinese friends, I'm not hating on them. What's my experience? 1,2,3 chinese girls? Try 15. Maybe it's toronto, maybe not, but I don't think I've met a chinese girl that wasn't carrying enough baggage/problems to fill a 747.

One simple example of how I say whatever they write in their profile about themselves is full of ****......I sometimes see these girls that leave their MSN messenger contact saying to add them because they like meeting new people. I'm bored one night, alright I'll add a few (3) and see what happens. Well surprise surprise, but these self-procalimed "social butterflies" who claim to like meeting new people clam up into little shells once I try to chat or do not respond at all. Yea....like meeting new people my ass lol. But whatever I don't care, I just continue talking to real friends.

I can usually tell what girls are problematic and which are "normal" almost exclusively by their profile (assuming they write a reasonable amount of stuff). There are key concepts and writing styles that I can link to " B I T C H" or not. I've tested all my theories and started a bet with a friend. The result? 9 out of 10 times I PREDICTED the reponse I'd get from a girl just by her profile after sending her message very accurately...so accurate that it was scary. Anyways, I've made $50. :p

So I'm just saying to watch out man. If you want you can send me her profile and I can check it out and see if I can spot anything.

snakeeyes

Don Juan
Reaction score
This girl has a very short profile. she doesnt go into detail about herself. Doesnt mention anything about her qualities. Majority of the time on the part Who I want to meet? she would leave that part blank, except that one time when she wrote that she would not go for a younger guy. I think she wrote that because her friends were pressuring her to talk to me and she became defensive. The comment was directed to her friends but it just so happens that I was involved in it. In reality Im only 4 months younger. Im sure she knows that by now because my bday just passed and she wished me a happy bday. Now we are actually the same age and she never wrote that she wanted someone more mature. that was only my assumption. I mean she was playing hard to get in the beginning. That was when she didnt know me. Now that she lowered her shield, shes making things easier for me. Like she showed interest in hanging out on new years. She even asked me to join her eventhough she had nothing plan with her friends. She also gave me her number and told me when is a good day to take her out. I see this as a positive. She also mentioned that she has the pic that we took together at the club but wont send it to me cuz she felt that she looked funny in the pic. Also she never said she wanted a Bad boy, it was her friend who tried to hook me up with her who said it. I think she was just kidding around. I sense that she has interest in me right now, but Im not sure how long that is going to hold up since her ex is such a badass ( again, I dont really know much about her past relationship) . Hey Endoftime thanks for your advice. On friendsters I dont even try to message random people. But random girls do message me and also leave me their screen names. I dont take them seriously but they seem nice. Overall I just use friendsters to find old friends and not a way to find girls. Again Im not Nexting this girl until I find out more about her and go on a date with her. Im just trying to be cautious because she use to date a crack head.

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Snakeeyes: Yeah all I'm saying is to watch out. You CAN tell quite a bit about someone just from who they went out with in the past. If they went out with some psycho or crackhead, then that says something about themselves, their perception of self worth and self-esteem.

Bad past relationships are also a key indicator of baggage that could be thrown your way if you're not careful.