So on average here, what's everyones take on having kids?

Borknagar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know personal beliefs on having kids isn't something discussed much around here, and I've met plenty of guys who only look at women as being **** material, myself included. Or guys who not just think but know pretty much all chicks are ****ed in the head and not marriage material, but the funny thing is, most these guys still want kids some day apparently. Me personally, I would NEVER put myself in that kind of stressful financial downfall. Hell I fully admit, I'm fixed(hey condoms fail, break, etc whatever sometimes). Some guys laugh and say "dude that's ****ed up" but I know I'll have the last laugh when I'm 40, and can do whatever I want, when I want, and don't have to worry about financial burdens, or ex-wives and child support like 90% of other guys. I'll be out doing whatever, I'll be at the gym getting in shape, playing video games without interruption, going out of state on vacation cause I feel like it, and only working 40 hours a week cause I don't need to work any more than that.

So what's everyone elses take on this?

*Keep in mind it's not the kids themselves I don't like, kids are cool, and can be fun to be around, but not fun to have to be responsible for them. I've had plenty of coworkers/friends who pay so much they barely survive.

C-quenced

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think kids are awesome but I don't want the responsibility of having any of my own. Years back I really wanted to become a dad sometime down the road but it's ironic how I no longer have the desire in my heart to have any children. I'm just much more comfortable and at ease with my own life especially knowing that it's for me to live it and not for anyone else, especially women.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't see myself ever having kids due to the amorality of woman. Marriages generally have a time limit nowadays. What's the point of having a child just so I can get financially fvcked and visiting rights every couple weeks or so? Doesn't sound that awesome to me.

I'm supposed to have two children right now at 21 years old, from two different woman. $500 bucks out of my pocket for each abortion. And you know what, I don't regret the decision at all.

Too many emotional/financial risks to even consider it. Not just for me, but for the child as well. If I can't be there throughout the majority of his/her childhood and adolescence then what's even the point? Not to mention that once you have a child you harbor a lot of responsibility. You can't just go out and be a PUA. I mean, you can. But it just makes you a sh!tty dad. I don't think I'm mentally ready for that, and never will be. I am a free spirit and will be 'til it puts me to death.

-Scars

Tiguere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having kids is a fools game. 300 bucks out of pocket for an abortion 2 years ago. Best decision/investment ive made in my life.

movistar

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a daughter, it's funny because I wrote about the chick on here before she got pregnant. I asked questions about our tumultuous relationship on here, a few months later she got pregnant, and instead of ending the pregnancy, as I though she would do, she goes through with it. As I figured, she turned out to be a terrible mom, and I now have custody. My daughter is awesome and you will love them, but it's extremely stressful at times and a huge financial commitment, not to mention court cost dealing with a psycho.

And it definitely puts a damper on the PUA lifestyle, it's funny my mom stepped in to give me little break, so for a few months I was able to get back out there and get in the field. I've been like a wild animal! I met a chick much like my daughters mom, super hot, young 23-24... BUT has ambition, not afraid of hard work, and a much better person in general. So we've been going out a few months, and guess what she tells me last week?! "I haven't got my period yet" uh oh! She gets the test and sure enough shes pregnant.....

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
movistar said:
BUT has ambition, not afraid of hard work, and a much better person in general. So we've been going out a few months, and guess what she tells me last week?! "I haven't got my period yet" uh oh! She gets the test and sure enough shes pregnant.....
fffffffffffffffffffffffffff_________________!!!!!! :eek:

I love children. I once wanted to be a teacher. It comes naturally to me to teach people. I have a lot of positive energy and people are drawn to me. Used to help out at church class and all the kids really liked me and listened to me while raising hell for the teacher ;)

But frankly while I think I would be a good father mainly because I had a good traditional mother I think having kids would kill me. Financially it would ruin me. Plus I don't believe in the european definition of marriage. I'm not singing a paper or buying a ring to any woman EVER. Even if I were to find "the one" which i won't I would not do that.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Children are a great deal if you have a farm and could use the free labor. Throughout all of human history, I think that has been the #1 reason for having kids.

We seem to be having natural disasters all the time these days - tsunami, earthquakes, famine. There will always be orphaned children to adopt.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
While part of me thinks about being a father, raising a kid here in the US scares the hell out of me. I don't want to start another "End of USA" thread that you frequently see in "Anything Else," but I'm afraid my kids would have no future, no jobs, etc. here. For many years (in the US), it was pretty much a given that your kids would have a better life than (or at least equal to) you. That's over.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Kids are for millionaires - and even then your spoiled wife will want a nanny.

xs_

Don Juan
Reaction score
wow, "Brave new World" huh

I'm still too young, but kids seem like quite the burden. But on the other hand, once you're 50-60, they're the ones to take care of you.
So eventually, sometime after 30, maybe.

XMinister

Don Juan
Reaction score
The more I see this question, the more I realize how many people don't want any kids. Its funny, our species can't continue without children and the only thing holding pretty much 99% of everyone back from children is money. I don't want kids at all, but I hope one day that will change. Amazing how everything roots back to money.

ls9076

Reaction score
I have three kids......two girls and a boy, I also have an ex wife to go along with them. Yep, I pay out the ass for child support, and they take a huge toll on you mentally when they are babies and toddlers. I wouldn't trade them for all the HB 10's in the world though. They show you what you're made of and to tell you the truth, without them only God knows where I'd be right now. Their little faces brighten my day everytime I see them, and since I have kids, it's easier to handle single mom's children.

I think lack of money is a piss poor excuse for not having kids. I think that mentality goes against the DJ attitude. That's saying you aren't capable of making it, you are setting yourself up for failure by saying it. While there is nothing wrong with wanting to get your life in order before having them, just don't think you'll have them when you're ready, cause guess what hahaha you'll never be fully prepared.

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Someday...say, when I´m in my mid-to-late 30s, have had some more crazy times, and am financially secure.

NOW? No way in hell.

Alex DeLarge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would like to have children and a family someday.. Maybe when I'm in my mid 30's if I have my life together by then.

BUT

I will not settle with a low quality woman in order to have a family. Never. I grew up with very dysfunctional parents and family members (I'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about) my mother is an alcoholic, and my dad was an alcoholic and abusive to me and my mother and putting a child through ANY OF THIS is not worth it. Even if one parent is completely normal.

This is why everytime I'm dating a girl, I try to evaluate her by seeing if she's a nurturing person. Meeting their parents can give some insight to her ability as a parent as well.

The apple doesn't often fall far from the tree.

Gray The Prince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't want kids anytime soon because I am only 19 but if it were to happen. I would actually man up to what I did instead of take the easy way out like Scars and Tiguere.

I know this one guy who had a kid at 17 and he is playing college soccer now, supports his daughter AND is smashing chicks. So just because you have a kid, doesn't mean you can't follow your dreams or reach a goal. Its threads like these that make me realize that I have outgrown this site.

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gray The Prince said:
I don't want kids anytime soon because I am only 19 but if it were to happen. I would actually man up to what I did instead of take the easy way out like Scars and Tiguere.

I know this one guy who had a kid at 17 and he is playing college soccer now, supports his daughter AND is smashing chicks. So just because you have a kid, doesn't mean you can't follow your dreams or reach a goal. Its threads like these that make me realize that I have outgrown this site.
I feel the same way.

Zunder

Banned
Reaction score
Gray The Prince said:

What do you mean "man up to what YOU did" . Last I heard (invitro notwithstanding) it takes a chick to open her lady garden for you to sow your oats.

Gray The Prince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zunder said:
What do you mean "man up to what YOU did" . Last I heard (invitro notwithstanding) it takes a chick to open her lady garden for you to sow your oats.
It takes two so its a matter of irresponsibility on both parties.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zunder said:
Not only that, but I DO take offense to his earlier statement. We may had said it was the best decision/investment of our life, but I'm not going to act like it was the easiest either. You don't know me, you don't know either one of us. You don't know our situations or why we did it. You don't know the kind of woman that were carrying our children. Who are you to call me a less of a man?