So my buddy got married last weekend...

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
I'd like to have a wife and family...
I think this is your big problem ;)

In all seriousness, this is the era of players, both men and women. I'm very, very glad I have no interest in marriage or kids, never had and probably never will. I'm a player to the core, and our society today suits me just fine (at least the big cities on the coasts of the US where I am not alone). I would not want to be a man who wants to settle down and raise kids these days.

Most of the bitter guys out there fall into two categories: 1) unattractive or socially inept men, or 2) men who want a traditional marriage and children. Both of these types seem to post 99% of the "All women are evil" threads.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zarky said:
I think this is your big problem ;)

In all seriousness, this is the era of players, both men and women. I'm very, very glad I have no interest in marriage or kids, never had and probably never will. I'm a player to the core, and our society today suits me just fine (at least the big cities on the coasts of the US where I am not alone). I would not want to be a man who wants to settle down and raise kids these days.

Most of the bitter guys out there fall into two categories: 1) unattractive or socially inept men, or 2) men who want a traditional marriage and children. Both of these types seem to post 99% of the "All women are evil" threads.

yah. I dont think you 've seen me post all women are evil threads. ;)

If I were to get married I probably would have married my ex. Wanting something and perusing it are two different things, I want a billion dollars, im not on the hunt for it though. I think marriage is too risky in this day and age.

I grew up in a great family, two parents who still love each other and are together and I had an excellent childhood, when that's your model for relationships, its hard not to want that. For those from the single mama, drama, absent daddy homes, I could see why they would never want that. Usually those who love being players are those from sh1tty families. It fills a need for them that they never got sorted growing up. (see what I did there?) ;)

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zarky said:

2) men who want a traditional marriage and children. Both of these types seem to post 99% of the "All women are evil" threads.
There are women out there who want those same things, you just don't pick them up in clubs. ;)

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i would be lying if i said my son did not factor at all in my decision to get married, but he's not the sole reason, but he was a reason. Looking back on my life, while i turned out okay, I had alot more stable house hold when my parents were married. I'd like that for my little knucklehead if i can help it. Mind you though, I proposed when he was almost 2.

we are where we are where we are man. you never know what you will or won't do until that time comes. I told myself i would never get married, look at me lol. and happy about it too. I was about the most militant atheist you would ever find and recently i started going back to church, because of an event that just clicked a light in my head. shocked the living **** out my fiancee lol. you never know, don't' say what you will ever do or what you ever won't do, it's pointless.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WE have a saying down here on marriage, " Save yourself all that trouble, Next time you are thinking seriously about getting married, just go out and find a woman you really dislike and buy her a house."

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP hit on something I don't think gets said enough. Women who browbeat their husbands into submission, even if he was "alpha" when they married, by order of her 'taming' him he no longer stirs the fires as an alpha would. Women want alphas, but work to make them beta. This natural test is an attraction feedback loop most people don't understand. By standing up to women a man maintains his alpha cred and it keeps that attraction going. However, in our society men are taught to pedestalize women and in many cases just give up from the constant testing, which is what it sounds like happened to the OP's friend.

What I've found is quickly becoming a norm is that bored housewives are the easiest women to Game. I can't tell you how many I've made out with over the years and I know for a fact I've bedded a few, although they claimed at the time to be separated and working towards a divorce. Whether that's true or not I can't say. My point though is that as men in our society are constantly failing to "stay alpha" for their wives and in general the women seem to be stepping out more and more.