"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

so must we be a$$holes to each other then?

Delta

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2005
Messages
724
Reaction score
4
Age
53
Location
glendale, ca
howdy!

man... this forum along with certain ebooks have lifted me out of more than a decade of stagnation and i think i might be on my way (at 31... oh well, i guess i can count the time passed as money saving time....).

so thanks to the hosts and to members for a genuinely valuable service.

and happy new year all!
------------------------------------------------------

QUESTION:

ok, testosterone, confidence, eye contact etc... i got it. but does that mean that we must be contentious jerks with each other constantly jockeying for status on the ladder of male hierarchy?

i get the sense that the answer to this is clearly no... especially given that the need to constantly PROVE yourself in public is a sign of insecurity and weakness, not of strength.

but when i read things like you should maintain eye contact and not be the first to break it (and this is sometimes stated in broad terms and not specifically toward women), you get the idea that you get a bunch of guys together who are djs and everyone's gonna have red, unblinking eyes, trying to stare each other down....

tell me this ain't so.

what is the boundaries of this COMPETITIVENESS?

cuz being a 'man' is a worthy goal. being a hypercompetitive jerk is just ludicrous.

delta

p.s. also, i know some reasonably successful guys who act ****y/funny to EVERYONE including other guys! and now, reading this board and being 'in' on the method to this madness toward females, it seems just so misplaced to me when such behavior is extended at other males. not only is it misplaced but it's irritating as hell. am i wrong?
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

The DomMega

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2005
Messages
59
Reaction score
2
Age
47
Location
Las Vegas, NV
I don't know what the deal is. I've been spittin' game since 1994 and not once have I ever fought over a damn female. I mean, I really don't think any of them are worth scrapping over. There's no point. Whenever I'm at a club, EVERY single fight I see is due to some guy dancing with a girl that some other guy was talking to or some other dumb **** like that. And whats funny is, the guys who are doing this are lames. They have no game, they're not in any standard a pimp, player, or what have you. They're just idiots running behind some female, buying her drinks, buying her dinner, taking her out, and just all out symping to gain her admiration. If any of you guys here are doing that, which I'm sure you are, you need to stop. Stop being such a sucker, you need to realize that women in general tend to respect you less and less the more and more you continue this type of behavior. If you guys only knew the cards you're holding or will soon be holding you probably wouldn't be symping like that.

But I hear you on that brotha. But just take it with a grain of salt. What you're seeing is a bunch of idiots fighting over some broke ass ho who's nothing more than a marketing campaign for her vagina, respectively.
 

DeathDealer

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 3, 2004
Messages
640
Reaction score
0
Testosterone/Aggression is very attractive to girls that are weak and subserviant. There are Testosterone/Aggressive prone DJs here and they say what they wanna say and I say things differently. Everyone is different buddy.
 

The DomMega

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2005
Messages
59
Reaction score
2
Age
47
Location
Las Vegas, NV
Originally posted by DeathDealer
Testosterone/Aggression is very attractive to girls that are weak and subserviant. There are Testosterone/Aggressive prone DJs here and they say what they wanna say and I say things differently. Everyone is different buddy.
Regardless, fighting over vagina is weak.
 

Tha Realnezz

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 12, 2004
Messages
1,352
Reaction score
8
That's just flat-out haters.

Guys trying to bring you down in front of women you MIGHT get. It's ridicolous and it's at an all time high I just ignore them.

I always get looks and ice-grills and hear cats mumbling sh!t when I walk by .It's disgusting and it's just goes to show you how far men have fallen.

Notice the guys who do that:Get no pu$$y. They wanna act like it's you the one who's acting like a pretty boy or stuck-up.But in reality they are rationilzing there jealousy.

If one of you're freinds ever do that then drop him.He's a jealous lil' ***** and he can't handle the fact you have more game then him.

It's been happening to me since I was 12 years old...when I wasn't even thinking about girls.


Sometimes I try to socialize with them to cool things off but it's just too much I have to swallow.It's like I'm the one getting pu$$y and I'm living more than you so why should I be the one kissing ass?You are the one who's supposed to be paying homage to me.

If you have any game at all..watch your back.Don't brag about your accomplishements all the time.Try to socialize with other players if you can.

The most you can do is be freindly with them.But history has show that Nice guys get raped and a$$holes go over.

So my advise to you is to treat men like b!tches too.Talk to them,hang with them but if they act up then ditch them too.As a player you can't truts most guys either in the long run.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Delta

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2005
Messages
724
Reaction score
4
Age
53
Location
glendale, ca
actually,

i guess my question is more specific too... must we be trying to one-up each other as "competitive, agressive men" when there are NO women around?

must men have an innate "CATTINESS" about them as women do... even when no one of the opposite sex is present?

again, i don't think this is necessary or desirable as a 'man' but i've been wrong before.

so do you fellows try to stare down other guys when you shake hands?

that's kinda what i was asking.

delta
 

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 24, 2003
Messages
1,099
Reaction score
8
Location
Germany
You are right, but it is an unfortunate byproduct of dealing with women. They only go for the DJ's, leading the AFCs to scrabble over the leftovers. I should know, I was in the AFC pack and did fight with other AFCs over women. Stupid, I know. My ex-wife lured me to my doom with just such a manuever, playing the AFCs against each other and making me fight for her.

The stupidest thing I ever did, besides attending and all-male military college and going into the military, but don't get me started.

I should have been a rock star :) :)

Dietzcoi
 

Tha Realnezz

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 12, 2004
Messages
1,352
Reaction score
8
Originally posted by Delta
actually,

i guess my question is more specific too... must we be trying to one-up each other as "competitive, agressive men" when there are NO women around?

must men have an innate "CATTINESS" about them as women do... even when no one of the opposite sex is present?

again, i don't think this is necessary or desirable as a 'man' but i've been wrong before.

so do you fellows try to stare down other guys when you shake hands?

that's kinda what i was asking.

delta

I don't know what you mean then.

On one hand there's roughousing and sh!t-talking among freinds then on the other there's guys doing things out of jealousy.

If you mean guys doing dumb sh!T in front of women then it's jealousy and not the other.

They might try to play it off like it's just games but it's hate and envy.

If one of your buddies starts clowning you infront of a chic you are dating and try to muscle in on her with subliminals...

That's hating.

It happens too often and so many people do it that you'd be in a fight every few weeks if you pay any attention to that.


If it's just clowing about women when women aren't around.Then that's typical guy sh!t.That's comes with the testicles.
 

So Many Ways

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 19, 2004
Messages
791
Reaction score
2
Location
www.blackmenvent.com
I know what you guys are talking about. I remember some dude wanting to fight me once and calling me racial slurs all because the chick he was jockin was jockin me. One of my boys who is a total player got jumped by a couple of goons because they were jealous and were playing captain save a hoe. More recently, as I've started learning some of this stuff, I went to see George Clinton perform and while all the women there were smiling at me and being flirtatious, all the dudes there were mean muggin me, giving me cold stares and trying to start sh!t. I remember a few years back right after I graduated high school, two of my buddies almost faught it out over some skanless skank.

Personally I just do my own thing. If I'm trying to run game on a broad and she is feeling someone else more, no big deal, his game was tighter. I'll just go holler at a different female, no big deal. Coming to blows over something like that is stupid, insecure and reeks of jealousy.
 

bonethugmug

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 10, 2004
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
To answer the question, I would say that answer is NO, or atleast it should be. With that being said, there's this new guy that just was hired where I work and he is proclaims himself as a player. What's sad though, is that he acts really ****y when it's just the guys around. It comes off as REALLY annoying, especially to ME because I know that it's an act and it's just stupid. What's worse, is that if I talk to a co-worker who is female, he will try to tell me what I should do to "hook up" with her. LOL, considering that I've known this girls for like 2 or 3 years, that's not really what I'm trying to do. It's pretty sad and pathetic pretty much. Hell, even a lot of the women where I work are getting really annoyed by him trying to be a player AT work all the time.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

The DomMega

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2005
Messages
59
Reaction score
2
Age
47
Location
Las Vegas, NV
Remember gentleman, players do what they want, haters do what they can.

I think Too $hort said it best when he said, "I can give you a ***** but wouldn't give you a joint. *****es ain't **** now I made my point."

And its the truth. Certainly not worth getting bloody over. Let someone else tap that ass because no matter how fine she is, there's someone somewhere who's completely fed up with her ****. That someone could end up being you if you're not careful. Fine girls come a dime a dozen, so there's plenty to go around. Fighting over one is pointless. If she's not down to get with you, go after her friend. The game can and should be switched up that quick. Its not how long you talk for, its what you put in it. ;)
 

Janez

Don Juan
Joined
May 15, 2002
Messages
121
Reaction score
3
Location
Slovenia, Europe
on this site there is so much bull**** that can just ruin lives like it ruins mine. **** this. **** sosuave. **** dj. **** everything
 

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 23, 2004
Messages
1,335
Reaction score
27
Originally posted by dietzcoi
You are right, but it is an unfortunate byproduct of dealing with women. They only go for the DJ's, leading the AFCs to scrabble over the leftovers. I should know, I was in the AFC pack and did fight with other AFCs over women. Stupid, I know. My ex-wife lured me to my doom with just such a manuever, playing the AFCs against each other and making me fight for her.

The stupidest thing I ever did, besides attending and all-male military college and going into the military, but don't get me started.

I should have been a rock star :) :)

Dietzcoi
Dietzcoi, I agree. Stupid guys that think it´s worth fighting for women. What kind of band would you be part of? Rammstein? (Bang, bang). :D

BTW, Realnezz sounds a lot like Player Supreme but without all his bragging. :cool:
 

Delta

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2005
Messages
724
Reaction score
4
Age
53
Location
glendale, ca
i think bonethugmug understands the question best so far.

and thanks btm, i think that's pretty much what i figured too.

but in all the dj discussions about being an alpha male and such, they rarely discuss the social implications of an alpha male OUTSIDE of man woman relationships.

that is-

do you go around trying to stare everyone down?

do you try to outflex everybody at the gym?

are you driven to show up your friends in dress, car, etc etc.

how much of society's ills, antisocial behavior and the prison population is a direct result of seeking alpha dominance?
--------------------------------------------------

sure, it's pretty easy for a human dj to talk about being an alpha male... but in the animal world, such competition is a ZERO SUM GAME.

for there to be a winner, EVERYONE ELSE must be a LOSER who flips over on his back, yelps and pisses on himself.

my question is how much of 'attitude' and aggression must be carried into the rest of life?

in a group of djs with no female present, must we engage in a masterblastercompetition where many men enter, one man leave?

personally, i am inclined to agree with bonethug that it is an ACT... a persona and a character that you don SPECIFICALLY on the 'field of romance'. it is an extension of 'playing dress up'... and just as females put on a facade in order to engage our fantasies, ours is designed to tickle theirs.

imagine what human society would look like if this were NOT true and male aggression dominated all our interactions with one another!

hmmm.... to be perfectly geeky about this, i believe every person has certain preprogrammed PRIME DIRECTIVES or LAWS OF ROBOTICS (but they don't govern robots but humans....)

1. be a good human
2. be a good man
3. be a good citizen
4. etc....

and the directives above always override the one below.

which begs the question on whether being a dj is always congruent with being a good human....

this is a whole area of thought that dj gurus have not addressed in any way imo.

delta
 

Delta

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2005
Messages
724
Reaction score
4
Age
53
Location
glendale, ca
oh sorry,

and i thought this deserved putting more concisely:

MY QUESTION IS *N*O*T* ABOUT FIGHTING OVER ANY PARTICULAR WOMAN!

in my mind, that is a GIVEN for heavens' sake!

delta
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Top