So many man-bashing commercials

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't watch much TV, but when I do, one can't escape the man-bashing. There's so much of it, men have been numbed.

Hotels.com just had one where a family got a bad hotel near a freeway instead of on the ocean front. Whose fault was it? According to the b-tch (his wife), of course it was the man's.

I'm so numb now it took me about the third time I saw this to hit me ... don't worry, I fired off an angry e-mail. It won't do much good, but I'm tired of this sh-t.

If you pay attention to not just TV, but other forms of media and how men are treated in public, you'd be astounded at this vendetta to bring down men. There was another interesting story at my work yesterday, total double standard but I'll get to that later.

crotchrocket

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't get it either!
I'd venture to say that 100% of any commercial involving a man and a woman ... it directly infers the man is an idiot.

There's a Chrysler (I think) minivan commercial, where the man (190lb) is struggling to figure out how to get the seats out of the back when his 100 wife buts in and yanks it out like there's nothing to it, all the while he stands there in awe of her.

There's a laser-level commercial on tv all the time, where this husband has just mounted a shelf (crooked like hell) and as soon as he sets the ornament on in it, the shelf falls off the wall. Well guess who comes to the rescue with her wonderful laser-level?

I mean who writes this sh!t?

Anytime I've pointed this out to women the only response I get is "what? no sense of humor?"

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AAAHhhhh WestCoaster! Still tilting at the windmill that is corporate advertising!

Now darling, you know as well as I do that 10,000,000 fem-nazis would not only "fire off an angry e-mail" but actually set fire to the building if it was the husband saying it to the wife!

Personally, I'd be on the phone with Orbitz or who ever I booked with and tear them a new a$$hole. There was no way my husband could have possibly known there was construction going on at the hotel...but the travel company should have!

In the mean time...GO BABY GO!!!!:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Men still watch TV?

TV is for women (with the exception of the NFL)

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A perfect example of what I rant about here:

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94186

Appealing to women's collective logic.

I've seen all three of those commercials, and they pissed me off. I really didn't think about how or why. So, thanks for the excellent observation WestCoaster. You've opened my eyes.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sadly, men do still watch TV, and sadly we've become so freaking numb it's incredible. WaterTiger hit it on the button: If the tables were turned, some serious pilaging would be going on by women's groups.

Men just put up with it. Don't worry, the longer we keep ignoring it in about 20 years men will be wearing dresses to work and carrying purses.

Insanity reigns.

crotchrocket

Don Juan
Reaction score
men still watch tv?

Oh come on ! give me fukcin break dude!
Is watching tv a femme' thing to do now?

If we've all seen these commercials and can actually remember them, WE HAVEN'T BECOME NUMB to it.

The day that we all do become numb to it is the day that we all BELIEVE THEM TO BE TRUE, and that my friends IS the day when we all start wearing dresses.

I defy EVERY ONE of those feminazi productions, and each time I watch a guy being castrated by a woman like that, I vow to distance myself from that kind of behavior - that much farther.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't take the sh1t seriously.

Though I do wonder about the commercials that are pitched to men, such as the beer commercial where the guys take their feet off the table every time the nagging wife yaps at 'em. If I produced that commercial, I'd have the guys roll their eyes at each other, mimic the nag a bit, tip their beer cans as a toast, and put their feet right back up on the table.

Last edited:

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey crotchrocketm once again, we're the loud MINORITY.

Because YOU'RE not buying into it, doesn't mean it's OK. Hey, they're polluting the Hudson River, but I live in Idaho -- so no skin off my back, right? Wrong, I still care about that.

Have a purpose in life that doesn't just serve your needs. The damage of these commericals is huge, even if you don't buy the Hollywood tripe.

If you haven't noticed the p-ssyfication of society and the constant downgrading of men on a daily basis, you're blind. It affects you one way or another, even if you don't buy it.

I don't see how portraying men to be clueless, incapable wimps on a 24/7/365 basis helps our society ... even if I believe these commericals are sh-t.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WestCoaster... You're such a DJ.

You're soooo passionate about this - it's turning me on.

haha!

You're absolutely right, though.

:cheer:

WestCoaster, please save us from the mean women in marketing! Be our spokesperson, ... ??? OMG! I said "spokesperson" instead of "spokesman"!

:eek:

AGGGGGHHHHH! IT'S EVERYWHERE!!!!! I'm sooo pu55ified. *sigh*

crotchrocket

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Westcoaster, we're you aiming you're last post at me? Cuz seriously dude! I'm with you on this one !!!

I'm always fighting back on these injustices. I start with myself though, you have to start with that, and be sure that you maintain that - that's job number one.

Next you move the circle of influence farther out, to your buds... and of course you can't forget the women in your circles, they have to be taught that this is not right, it's not acceptable ... I do that too, every chance I get.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK, I am fired up about this.

Let's all walk in lock-step with Hollywood: men are klutzes, men are dorks, women know more about trucks, cars, construction, insurance, how to pee in the snow, etc. Women can do everything, men are worthless ...

... that's the message we've been sent.

Received a mea culpa letter from hotels.com today! Ha!

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For the record, I never watch TV. I'm usually busy doing something constructive.

Westcoaster, 5hit like this can be fought in large numbers. I belong to another online forum that takes action when something incorrect or offensive arises. Letters of complaint, protest, and press releases for newspapers are written.

Why don't you encourage fighting against things like that here? Post them in the AE forum, give the contact information, and I'm sure the people here will communicate their thoughts to the company in question.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually don't watch much TV either. I see it when other people are watching TV.

Anyway, WestCoaster, start an organization and call it:

MATADOR

Men Against The Advertising's Deterioration of Resoluteness.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Already started the fight. I joined a Yahoo! group against anti-male advertising (as was linked on this site, thank you), and I e-mail companies when I see their man-hating commericals.

These commercials/billboards/ads don't just poke fun at men, they deliberately trash them, insult them, and make them look like complete fools.

Don't worry about me or my DJ breathren, worry about young boys who are growing up with this sh-t.

I grew up with stupid commericals, yes; I didn't grow up with man-bashing 24/7/365 ... today's young boys are taught AFCism very early from their parents and the media and it's very powerful.

If you want a wimpy society devoid of males, we're working towards that. I feel bad for today's young boys and young men.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is this one commercial that makes me want to hurl heavy objects at the t.v

Its a car commercial I think its the Volkswagon Passat.

We see a man and a woman sitting in a car in a parking garage, the man is sitting at the driver seat and the woman in the passanger seat.

The man is playing around like a child ajusting the seat, ajusting the mirrors and lights and pushing the window button up and down.

Then we cut to the next scene were we see the man sits in the passanger seat as if he was being punished while the woman has the all "responsible" mature look and demeanour to her face and therefore that is the reason she is driving the car.

Unfvckingbelievable.

DWB

Reaction score
Anyway, WestCoaster, start an organization and call it: MATADOR Men Against The Advertising's Deterioration of Resoluteness.
No he should call it:

MATPOA - M-A-T-P-O-A

Men Against The Pussifacation Of America

or

MATVOA - M-A-T-V-O-A

Men Against The Vaginazation Of America

:cheer: :cheer: :woo: :cheer: :cheer:

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I watch Law & Order, The Simpsons, and when I had cable (no use for it now), I watched ESPN -- yes, Mel Kiper rules!

Luckily ESPN is shy on the man-bashing commericals and heavy on the Bud Light ones -- who can forget the classic wingman one where the wing's buddy is dancing with the HB 9, while he's stuck sitting next to the attention wh-re. Epic!

To quote a great Hall & Oates song, "I'm A Man On A Mission."

* Another classic Simpsons the other night. Burns falls in love with this gal, and Homer has to play wingman for Burns. Snake (the criminal) kidnaps Homer and the ex-gf. And despite Snake one time throwing her out of his car ("I had to lighten the load, the cops were chasing me"), the gal goes back to him because he's a bad boy. Freaking hilarious, the Simpsons rip on the "bad boy" stuff about every other episode!

At the end, Burns is walking off with the Simpsons and says, "I don't get it, I'm a bad boy!"

Bart: "Hey, you're preaching to the choir."

Classic.

noway

Reaction score
i'm not associated with or an apologist for the advertising industry in any shape or form , but the one thing that they do really well is keep their finger on the pulse of human behaviour...this is their main job!

they know very well that it is not acceptable for a person or group of people to whine about,point fingers at or make fun of people below them on the "foodchain"...the reverse is also true...the lower you are on the socio-economic ladder the more acceptable is it to whine about, point fingers at and make fun of the people above you ...this situation plays itself out everywhere i.e boss/employee,teacher/pupil,white/black,men/women

how the advertising industry portray a person is a pretty good indicator of how high or low that person is on the ladder

the day that men are portrayed in ads as a effective,together and on top of the situation the way women are now,is the day we men must know we have really lost the gender war!