Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

So I'm 5 mins late, and a girl blows me off

housedejacques

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello gentlemen.

I wanted to share with you something that just happened.
I set up a date with a cute girl I met through my social circle. Up until I've talked to her a few times "live" and every time I felt a *****y and arrogant vibe coming off her. But at the same time, I could distinctly sense her attraction towards me so I asked her out and she said yes without hesitating.

So we agree to meet at 21h. I decide to be fashionably late, so I arrive at 21h05. I suddenly feel my cell phone vibrating. I have a look at it; three missed calls, the last of which came 5 seconds ago. She had called me at 21h, at 21h01 and at 21h05. So I call back, no answer. I wait 5 minutes and I call again. No answer. At that moment it's already 2/3, the golden ratio. I decide to wait a while to see if she'll call back. She doesn't. At 21h20 I call a few friends to see if there's anybody up for a drink. No dice.

So at 21h25 I get up and leave. I thought about going to the local bar to get a beer and try to strike up a convo with people there, but my game is not tight, so I take the ***** route and instead go get a bottle of wine and come back home.

Yeah. 5 minutes late, and I get blown off. What's cool about the whole thing is how relaxed I'm about it. I'm not fretting, I don't care that she blew me off. I'm honestly thinking right now, "What an uncool gal. We could have had fun. Instead she decided to be a *****. Her loss"

However, that's pretty easy for me to think. Gentlemen, do you think I could have done things differently? Be on time? Call her and tell her I'm gonna be 5 mins late? Or can I just assume that she was a royal ***** to me and be done with it? Maybe there's a lesson to be learned here.

Cheers.

Smock

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am glad you did not care about it. You are a Don Juan and Don Juans have OPTIONS. Go get some better girls than this *****. You do not put up with this.

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you dodged a bullet with this girl. If she's blowing you off for being

only 5 minutes late, imagine what other psycho things she would do if she:

-Saw you talking to another girl (even if she's just a friend).

-Noticed you got a text message from another female.

Remember that not everything that looks good is good for you.

Shrug your shoulders and pick up another chick, problem.

pdx1138

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats good you don't care...proper attitude for sure.

I'm personally not a fan of making anyone wait though and usually arrive spot on or just a little before.

Yo'Mama

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I wonder if she showed up. You're just assuming she called you because she was there. Maybe she was calling to cancel (the b**ch).

It's crazy not to wait 5 mins, especially when girls will expect you to wait 30 mins without complaining.

iwanttofight

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro I think this girl didnt even show up, she's playing you. What you should of said when she said she left after 5 minutes, you should of said " hello, im calling to cancel the date, ive got things that came up, sorry about not being able to make it" Now by saying this you just reversed the role and put this ***** in her place. Show her you take no ememies and that your a true alpha male with a plethora of biatches ready to spread their legs for you, just my point of you, well I have been puched in the head alot.

housedejacques

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I've been wondering if she even showed up. When I got there, she was nowhere to be seen. I think she played me. During the day I had sent her a text saying "Yo, it's housedejacques here. This is my number, keep it somewhere safe. See you tonight at 9pm" and all she answered was "C U", 3 hours later. I found her nonchalance to be suspicious.

I sincerely don't know what the **** happened. This girl kept giving me "The Eyes". I've been come wary of this ****, though. I've had girls looking at me as if they were attracted, and when I approach, they're cold and *****y. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but it's as if girls got off on being able to attract a guy of their liking just to blow him off.

I didn't call her back or text or anything after the initial 2 tries. I guess it's implicit I moved on to something else and that I'm unfazed by the whole thing. I'm gonna go cold on her ass, and I'm sure that sooner or later she's gonna start wondering why I'm not texting/messaging her.

Cheers.

Yo'Mama

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
housedejacques said:
Maybe I'm just paranoid, but it's as if girls got off on being able to attract a guy of their liking just to blow him off.
You're not paranoid.

P

perseverance

I like being punctual, so I am always early for things. If I am due to meet someone at 12:30, I'll arrive at 12:20.

I'm guessing she was a no show, or if she wasn't a no sign she is very impatient and has a self-entitled attitude problem, I think it's called Princess Syndrome or High Maintenance, either way you don't need the aggravation.

If you are running late, a quick text to say I'm running late is usually well received.

window

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
my guess is she was calling you to cancel and never showed up...

gaspipe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
perseverance said:
I like being punctual, so I am always early for things. If I am due to meet someone at 12:30, I'll arrive at 12:20.

I'm guessing she was a no show, or if she wasn't a no sign she is very impatient and has a self-entitled attitude problem, I think it's called Princess Syndrome or High Maintenance, either way you don't need the aggravation.

If you are running late, a quick text to say I'm running late is usually well received.

This. Same thing happened to me with a chick I met online. For reasons beyond my control I arrived late and she was really pissed and had her bytch shield up. Date lasted for about 15 minutes before I walked out and left. If a chick can't be understanding and reasonable on the first date just imagine what type of drama she will give you in the future.

Be glad that you dodged a bullet.

dereklovesugly

Don Juan
Reaction score
You should've called instead of sending a text, you would've been able to judge her interest better that way. I've found out that calling reduces flakes or they just straight up tell you they won't be going.

housedejacques

Don Juan
Reaction score
You should've called instead of sending a text, you would've been able to judge her interest better that way. I've found out that calling reduces flakes or they just straight up tell you they won't be going.
Duly noted.
I've been wondering something, though. Is there anyway I could let her know she's a *****? I've been telling myself that I should have sent her a text right when I realized she was not coming. Something that implied I was mad, but not in a direct way. Like, "You most assuredly have no manners" That way she'd have known that I understood what she just did, and that I didn't like it one bit.

However, I didn't send her any text at all. If I go cold on her ass she'll start wondering why I'm not asking her about the whole thing, but she might just assume I'm a pushover who's ok with being flaked on. Now it's too late to be sending a text -if I do she'll think I'm still highly invested in her flaking on me. But when I'll see her again there's got be a way for me not to come across as a *****. I need to let her know about my displeasure.

Yeah, I dodged a bullet. This girl never gave off a good vibe, but she's cute so I figured I'd give it a try. Whatever. I'm off to other women.

floydb25

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like this post, because it confirms something I learned quickly about people. You said it all in your first paragraph. You got an arrogant, snobby vibe from her, but she found you attractive. The key is, just because she finds you attractive - doesnt change who she is. You already knew what you were dealing with. If more people paid attention to who the other person was before getting deeply involved - there would be less problems, and less whining. This goes for women who complain about men, too.

Yo'Mama

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
housedejacques said:
Duly noted.
I've been wondering something, though. Is there anyway I could let her know she's a *****? I've been telling myself that I should have sent her a text right when I realized she was not coming. Something that implied I was mad, but not in a direct way. Like, "You most assuredly have no manners" That way she'd have known that I understood what she just did, and that I didn't like it one bit.

However, I didn't send her any text at all. If I go cold on her ass she'll start wondering why I'm not asking her about the whole thing, but she might just assume I'm a pushover who's ok with being flaked on. Now it's too late to be sending a text -if I do she'll think I'm still highly invested in her flaking on me. But when I'll see her again there's got be a way for me not to come across as a *****. I need to let her know about my displeasure.

Yeah, I dodged a bullet. This girl never gave off a good vibe, but she's cute so I figured I'd give it a try. Whatever. I'm off to other women.
It might be obvious to all of us that she is a ***** but if you tell her the little hamster in her brain will spin on its wheel and the end result will be that she just feels even more vindicated for what she did because you're a bad guy.

dereklovesugly

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ya, don't even give her the satisfaction that she was able to get to you, just leave it be