Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

So i have this problem

LukeDuke

Reaction score
I am still young.

Thats what i tell myself every time i buy something dumb. Im 19 and make 9.50$ an hour which makes it hard to save money, i have about 165,30,63 - 253$ worth of bills i HAVE to pay each month (car insurance,gym membership, phone bill). Yet i am unable to save up my money. Everytime i begin saving i just start wanting to buy stuff. I cant help it. Usually i spend my money on useless **** because i know i get paid again in <7 days. This leads to me buying **** that i honestly dont even know what i bought, but when wensday comes around i have 100-200$ left in my account(get paid every thurs). Lucky lately ive been able to save up money, my motivation being im going to the keys in the end of august and want to have $ to blow.

Do you guys have any tips on how i can continue saving my money after my external motivator (the trip) has left and i subconciously go back to buying whatever i remotely want.

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get a savings account. Whenever you get paid give yourself an allowance and allocate for bills and put the rest in savings. Never touch the savings unless it's an emergency.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So your only motivation to save money is so you can blow it on a vacation?

Save up to buy things that get you farther ahead in life. It doesn't have to be a complicated investment. If you drive a car to get to work, maybe it needs new tires or an oil change. Expenditures like that are not blowing money; they are wise uses of it.

At some point in your life, you're going to have an idea for a business. Then you save up to invest in that business. And you will almost certainly fail at it and lose money. But it makes you smarter each time, and if you keep at it, you'll likely end up with a business that can at least break even and maybe even squeeze out a small profit eventually. That's your motivation for saving your wages - getting to the point of owning a profitable business.

Devintems

Don Juan
Reaction score
Saving has to be a priority. Putting money into an emergency account should be the FIRST bill you pay. Get this into your head until it becomes automatic. Set up an automatic transfer every payday so it comes out before you pay your other bills.

This is not pizza money, this is not "I want" money, this is not "gee I can't pass this deal up" money. This is "my car broke down and I can't get to work" money. That's why it's an emergency fund.

LukeDuke

Reaction score
Devintems said:
Saving has to be a priority. Putting money into an emergency account should be the FIRST bill you pay. Get this into your head until it becomes automatic. Set up an automatic transfer every payday so it comes out before you pay your other bills.

This is not pizza money, this is not "I want" money, this is not "gee I can't pass this deal up" money. This is "my car broke down and I can't get to work" money. That's why it's an emergency fund.
Currently my mom is my emergency fund, would it still be necessary

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LukeDuke said:
Currently my mom is my emergency fund, would it still be necessary
I agree with Devintems you want to set up an emergency fund. Consider it your first step toward independence. Also agree with setting up an automatic transfer so the money comes directly out of your check without you having to do anything. They call this "paying yourself first". Even if it's not saving a large amount, at least you are doing it consistently. Plus you never see the money, so it is less of a temptation.

I would also start thinking about your career and what you can do to start earning more money.