Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

So I gave into temptation and made a POF account

typical

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I've always been hardcore against online dating due to having a decent daygame and ability to sarge women, but WOW the opportunities on this website are limitless.

I stuck up my real information and had a quick look at all the male profiles I'm competing against and I feel like I'm better then 90% of them, all I need to do now is stick up a current pic of me after a decent sparring session and I think I'll be able to pull tail easily.

Having said this, anyone with decent experience with this site as most of the women seem to be "damaged goods" that are only worth a squirt.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had an account I used off and on for about 7 years that disapeared. Read my thread about recent POF problems. If the entitled, ugly, head case wh0res on there weren't bad enough, the site owner has recently made changes and the site is all messed up.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had much better success with finding higher quality women with online dating than meeting them in bars. The only thing is you CANNOT place your hopes on any of the women you message. Many of them will not respond, some will flake, but some of them will be willing to meet you.

You may want to tweak your profile until you start having decent responses. Also, pick only one picture.

Good luck!

Scormus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Pof

Hey guys,

Just wanted to report my own experiences, the site works for me and I have ten pictures up. I am in shape, in my mid 30s and list myself at 5'11" (the only lie on my profile I am 5'9" and wear lifts).

I used to get 1 date for every 30 messages with a couple of face pics.

This all changed when I put pics up of me having fun on an exotic beach in sleeveless shirts.

Now the response rate is about 1 date in 15 messages and I am getting some bangable women my age writing in every now and then for obvious hookups.

So I think maybe you guys are being risk averse posting fewer pics, but I think posting many pics helps, with so many men you need to stand out not be risk averse I think. And if a woman has seen ten pics of you it is much less likely she is disappointed and rejects you on the date.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Scormus said:
So I think maybe you guys are being risk averse posting fewer pics, but I think posting many pics helps, with so many men you need to stand out not be risk averse I think. And if a woman has seen ten pics of you it is much less likely she is disappointed and rejects you on the date.
The one picture I posted is a bit deceiving. I look like an a55hole and I'm not wearing my glasses. Do you know how many women were disappointed with me not looking exactly like my picture? NONE. They don't give a damn about that because my personality wins them over on the first date.

You NEED to have the game to back up your online dating. If you don't, you'll fall on your face when you meet them.

Scormus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
my point

Desdinova,

My point was, I think by posting only one pic you are afraid that any of the additional pics could turn them off.

Given how the site is a sausage factory, maybe its better to post many pics, and hope there's 2 or 3 that really ring a girl's bell and inspire her to write in or at least respond to your message.

I think my game is decent enough but thats a different point.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe your pic(s) is the most imporant thing in online dating. So you want only your best displayed. But once you meet up, you must looking convincingly as good in person as your worst pic if you want to maintain attraction and close the deal.

Last edited:

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Scormus said:
I am in shape, in my mid 30s and list myself at 5'11" (the only lie on my profile I am 5'9" and wear lifts).
You are 5'9" and wear lifts? WTF? I'm 5'5"! :cuss:

SecondHalf

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
typical said:
Well I've always been hardcore against online dating due to having a decent daygame and ability to sarge women, but WOW the opportunities on this website are limitless.

I stuck up my real information and had a quick look at all the male profiles I'm competing against and I feel like I'm better then 90% of them, all I need to do now is stick up a current pic of me after a decent sparring session and I think I'll be able to pull tail easily.

Having said this, anyone with decent experience with this site as most of the women seem to be "damaged goods" that are only worth a squirt.
Match worked way better for me.
Because POF was free, it attracts many sleazebags. Woman get tons of undeserved attention and therefore are quite busy / selective.

If you don't mind spending the cost for Match, it might yield you a bit higher quality of women (for the most part).

SH

Scormus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MatureDJ said:
You are 5'9" and wear lifts? WTF? I'm 5'5"! :cuss:
We need all the help we can get I think lifts are essential kit.

MaddXMan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I made an account too and put this as my headline - what do you think, funny or too harsh? I wanted to riff on people who put stupid quotes or stock phrases on profiles......and also turn off the fatties from contacting me.

"Life is like a box of chocolates, neither one last long for fat people."

typical

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I'm 180 cm so that makes me 5'11 (if my maths is right), But I'm put off from all the fuglies messaging me. I'm thinking of taking the page down cause well I really don't have the time to sit in front of the pc waiting for some chick to respond.

I've recently realized that I only use my pc to check emails visit this website and apply for jobs on my days off the rest of the time I'm out doing things I love like playing pool or at the gym lifting.

young_gun

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
typical said:
Well I'm 180 cm so that makes me 5'11 (if my maths is right), But I'm put off from all the fuglies messaging me. I'm thinking of taking the page down cause well I really don't have the time to sit in front of the pc waiting for some chick to respond.

I've recently realized that I only use my pc to check emails visit this website and apply for jobs on my days off the rest of the time I'm out doing things I love like playing pool or at the gym lifting.
I personally got really annoyed with the site after about 5 days and took my profile down. I live in a city of about 5M people, so there were quite a few cute chicks on there, but it's literally the biggest meat market imaginable, so even if you have a good profile the response rate is pretty low. Women that are at least a 6 on the looks scale literally get bombarded with messages from guys. I had a female friend show me some of the messages she got on there and her inbox had about 40 unread messages in it, mostly from lonely chumps with zero social skills. There are so many guys on that website that take selfies (many are skinny-fat and shirtless LOL) in front of their toothpaste spackled bathroom mirror it's not even funny. Spend 15 minutes on the website and you'll see it isn't that hard to stand out from the crowd.

All in all I got 2 phone numbers out of the deal, both from seemingly decent girls, though I didn't actually meet up with either of them. It's worth a shot if you're going through a bit of a dry spell but in my experience I've had much better luck meeting women in the real world.