So I browsed through 8 pages of local women on Myspace...

rapless

Don Juan
Reaction score
...and man, they're practically all out of my league.:(

There's only a small handful of women who are in my league, and none of them piqued my interest.

Anyone else here browse Myspace for local girls find the same problem?

S1NN3R

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No.

Your main problem is that your putting them on a pedestal by saying that they are out of your league.

Read the DJ Bible, please.

Bourne

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No one is out of your league. But by saying what you have said, you have deep inner issues you should worry about and fixing those then trying to get women right now.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem is that you are looking at a bunch of pictures (perhaps their VERY BEST OUTDATED picture) and feeling intimidated. Stop the MySpace crap and go to a nightclub or book store or join a hiking team or something.

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I read through 8 pages of myspace women and I am out of their league

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the time it took you to sift through 8 pages of online AW's profiles, you could have talked to one chick in real life who would probably be 5 times better quality than the online strokers/scummers. Stop wasting your life.
:box:

d9930380

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's called insecurity.

I've been in a club and I've looked around and thought the girls I liked where all out of my league but at the same time thinking that I've been out with girls who where better looking than any of them. Insecurity doesn't necessarily have any basis in fact or logic.

At the end of the day - how do you know they are out of your league unless you meet them.

You see ugly guys walking around with good looking girls all the time. Just think, you could be one of those guys. ;-P

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Feeling that some women are out of your league is the equivalent to admitting that there are males that can be considered “more man” than you.

So, if you feel that a “pretty boy” is more man than you…or that a man with certain features or social standards is more man than you, then and only then you should feel that there are women out of your league. Because then and only then, those women are in those men (that are “more men than you”) league.

Do you believe that there are men ABOVE you?

I don’t believe there is ANY man above me. I’m positive that I can drive wild in the bedroom Angelina Jolie and the Moore woman…more so than their respective hubbies.

Being a man is not define by status or money or looks. So, what make her “above your league”? What make the men she has seen above your league?

Answer yourself that question.

Masculinity is not just about looks. Masculinity is actually a lifestyle.

rapless

Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's be realistic here. I mean TRULY realistic. Like it or not, certain women are out of certain guy's leagues, and vice versa. Most of the time, you see attractive women with attractive guys. You seldom see a hot woman with a fat ugly slob. You don't often hear about rich people dating poor people. Doctors typically don't date maids. Celebrities don't date nobodies. You get the idea. This whole process usually takes on a real shape around junior high, but there's even shades of that in elementary school. How do you think cliques are formed, and what do you think they're based on? I used to think that this type of thing disappeared after high school, but it doesn't; it continues in adult life, only without labels such as "jocks," "cheerleaders," "nerds," "burnouts," etc..

We are each in a league of some kind, whether it's based on looks, money, social status, education level, profession, etc.. By that same token, women who look like Catherine Zeta-Jones don't date guys who look and dress like Michael Moore. If Michael Douglas wasn't an A-list Hollywood legend who's the son of an A-list Hollywood legend, do you really think he'd be married to Catherine Zeta-Jones? C'mon now.

When you view the profile of a total HB9 on Myspace, and you see pictures of her and her HB9 friends at a club lushing it up, you can that if there are males to be included in there somewhere, they'll usually be buff, handsome guys. When you do see something like that, you instantly recognize congruence there. In the rare event that you find a pic of a HB9 with some Michael Moore-looking slob, you're inclined to wonder "What's she doing with him?"...that is, of course, if you haven't already deduced that they're just friends. Birds of a feather really do flock together.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Like it or not, certain women are out of certain guy's leagues, and vice versa.
"Leagues" are only limits that people put on themselves and others. If a guy says "she's out of my league", he's only speculating and hasn't actually tried to find out if his speculation is valid.

If a man says "I'm out of her league", he's putting limits on her. She likely has no clue that there's no hope in hell that she'll end up with him.

There's little to no communication about these limits. How many times have you been told "You're out of my league"? If you're only speculating based on these women's looks, you're the only one who's putting up the barriers and preventing yourself from succeeding with women who may actually be "in your league".

rapless

Don Juan
Reaction score
Latinoman said:
Do you believe that there are men ABOVE you?
I don't believe there are men who are above me; I KNOW there are men who are above me. That's how it's supposed to be.

Sure, we're all humans, and we're all equal on that level...we all deserve a right to life and an opportunity to better our lives; but when it comes to the more specific construct that is masculinity, there are obviously those who are greater and those who are lesser. The same applies to intelligence, athletic ability, musical talent, etc..

I remember instances dating as far back as my high school days in which I'd be talking to female schoolmates for whatever reason, and when a musular, better-looking, more popular guy with a better personality showed up, I knew it was time for me to take a back seat. The dynamic changed upon him entering, and I knew my role. I paled by comparison. You don't try out for the major leagues just because you played T-ball in first grade. There is a hiearchy.

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
rapless, you do have a point. There is a "hierarchy." The good news is YOU have complete control over your position in it.

Not everyone can be a winner at the game of life. Winning species have survived evolution, the losers go home empty-handed.

In my crude estimation, 10% of the population leads highly successful lives. 80% live lives of mediocrity, and 10% are absolute fvck-ups. A normal distribution, seems logical doesn't it? There's your hierarchy for you.

We're all born into a place in that hierarchy, into a certain set of circumstances that are beyond our control. In childhood our parents’ wealth and status, our genetics, and the ideals impressed upon our impressionable young minds form that set of circumstances. Thus, based on commonalities and differences we separate into different social strata in our youth.

Again, more good news for you. CHILDHOOD IS OVER! As a grown man, it’s your job to realize the set of circumstances you were born into, choose what kind of life circumstances you would like for yourself, and navigate your way to them.

Perhaps in most previous eras in history one did not have nearly the freedom to choose their destiny as we do now, nor did they have the wealth of resources we do now to guide them. Even so, people still had to make the choice to evolve, or go home. Live, or die.

Yeah, so some guys were born into a better set of circumstances than you. Nobody said life is fair. But since I assume you are not an old man yet, time is still on your side. What kinds of choices are you going to make? What kind of life do you want for yourself?

Evolution is alive and well my friend, and it is taking place all around you. If you are completely content to live your life jerkin’ it to your local myspace hotties, while guys who are more evolved than you are out railing them, that’s cool. Nobody's making a value judgment on you. Just please don’t whine about it around here. We’ve got work to do.

We’re a group that’s chosen to evolve.

Cod3r

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You see ugly guys walking around with good looking girls all the time. Just think, you could be one of those guys. ;-P
Best quote I've ever heard... seriously, this is just friggin classic...

--Cod3r

grr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Redpill has it. Its not where you started out, but where you end up, and how people percieve you got there.

I'll befriend someone who started out in a ghetto and made it to a CFO before I'll befriend someone who was babied through school and lazily took over dad's position as CEO.

Chart people's overall progress against time and surround yourself with these people who constantly improve, learn from them. Find out more about their role models.

bakaten

Don Juan
Reaction score
"You see ugly guys walking around with good looking girls all the time. Just think, you could be one of those guys. ;-P "

i see it all the time, and i realize they either A) got game or B) got money/status

read the dj bible, get some game..

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is how I see things...no man is above me. No man.

If a woman does not pay attention to me because of my looks, race, religion, $$$, etc...fact is, it is SHE the one missing it. It is SHE and her lack of judgment that is limiting herself. There plenty of women out there...but very few "Men" (capital M).

It has nothing to do with me. As I well know, no man is above me. It has to do everything with her.

Once you reach that self-understanding...then and only then, you can feel the confidence required to be happy.

Note: I'm very realistic too.