Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

so how good ARE you with guns?

goundra

Banned
Reaction score
From sitting, scoped, unsupported, if the rifle has a good trigger and is one MOA from the bench I can deliver a 2 MOA group, for 5 shots, center to center of the widest apart holes in the target. From standing, unsupported, 3 MOA or better, if there's little or no wind to move me around, not gusting to spread out my shots.

For speed, I have a timer, and for a reaction, raise the rifle from low ready (held horizontally across thighs, finger outside of the triggerguard, safety engaged) I can react to the beep of the timer, shoulder the rifle and hit a 10" disk, man's vitals=chest in 1.0 second or a hair less at 25 yds, 1.3 seconds for the same at 50 yds, 1.6 seconds at 100 yds. This is with an AR-15, with the luminous, short range wing of the peep sight altered to be a 'v' notch open sight. with an M4, using the electronic sight, I am a hair faster at 100 yds. Also,. need the RRA drop in trigger job to do this. the factory triggers suck in AR's

With the pistol, I can toss up a soda can with the hand that 'clears" my shirt, ccw draw, IWB, inside the waistband concealment rig, hung out T shirt) then draw and hit that can in midair. In fact, I can usually do this even if the LW commaander .45 is carried chamber empty, cycling the slide before i fire. :) I cast bullets, reload, smith, make holsters, hunt with the ccw gun and loads, compete at combat matches.

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont worry about statistics such as this. I am GREAT with my firearms (i hunt in northern British Columbia in weather -20c).. when I shoot my rifle, it either hits paper in the desired kill zone .. or something dies. As long as i land a hit on my target in the desired location. Its all good.

Not often i get to bench rest my shot, most of my shooting is offhand (i practice off hand shooting at the range the most since its usually what I have to do when I am in the thick bush hunting in the middle of no where)... Usually i have about 5 seconds to: ID the animal, put the gun up, and place my cross hairs over the chest of the animal, throw one down the pipe and squeeze the trigger. Thats the easy part. lol

goundra

Banned
Reaction score
you are SLOW, is what you mean. YOu wait to load the chamber until you see the critter! Down here, in the US, we get to defend ourselves properly, in most areas, and arm ourselves to effectively resist tyrannical gov't, too. After Waco, the Feds treated the Montana Militia with KID GLOVES, even tho those guys WERE stealing from people, by means of fraudulent paper. The Feds KNEW that they were on "thin ice" with a bunch of us. try reading the book, by John Ross, UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES, and a pair by "Boston T. Party{, his BOSTON'S GUN BIBLE, and MOLON LABE.

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SLow?? Wait til i see the critter to chamber a bullet? Yes i do .. why? Becasue i have seen too many people have accidents while hiking with a loaded gun. Misfires scare the SHYT outa me. Had a misfire go by my gut this year. It was so close i felt the precussion in my belly with considerable force .. and thought I might have beet hit. The gun barrel was right behind me and the the side a bit .. probably 6" away. The person i was hiking with got a branch caught in the trigger guard as we ducked through some bushes following deer tracks through the rough. Scary .... fricken darn near shyt myself. So if i loose my chance because i needed that one extra second to chamber a round .. so be it. Better than dead. I tell those that hike with me to NEVER chamber a round until i say so (usually i lead the hiking)... needless to say the person i was hiking with that day will never be hunting with me again. SO now I will stick to just teaching my daughter how to hunt safely and if i cant hunt with her ... then i would rather hunt alone.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
admittedly pretty bad with all, except passable with my s&w 686 .357 or my fathers AR-15 holo, but havent put anything through the AR-15 in about 4 yrs since i moved.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You really have to be in the middle of nowhere in order to practice that pistol trick, shooting at the can you toss in the air. Hardly anyone can practice something like that safely, which is why most people can't do it. Some dumb sh!ts near me just got arrested for shooting an AK-47 into the air. A bullet traveled 3.5 miles, went through two house walls, hit a third wall, and dropped onto a little girl's head. She wasn't hurt at all.

I grew up with bb guns as entertainment, so I've always been a good shot. In Army ROTC in college, I made the top ranking with the M16, "expert marksman," which sounds impressive, but it's a statistical rank, and most people are horrible at shooting. We had kids that couldn't hit the 3'x4' target from 25 feet with an M16 rifle. I wouldn't believe that if I had not seen it myself.

When teaching someone how to throw a punch, "relax and breathe" is very common advice. Shooting is the same way. I breathe out and relax all my muscles - just like when throwing a good jab - and then I'm much more accurate. That little trick makes a huge difference for me.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my wife, who grew up on a farm, had to show me how to shoot a rifle lol. and ****, just shoot. i'm not even talking about good just literally shoot the motherfvcker.

i don't do guns.

Darth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
goundra said:
I can react to the beep of the timer, shoulder the rifle and hit a 10" disk, man's vitals=chest in 1.0 second or a hair less at 25 yds, 1.3 seconds for the same at 50 yds, 1.6 seconds at 100 yds.
You would have fit in very well in the Wild West- probably would have been one of the guys competing with people lke Billy the Kid for fastest gun around. Haha..

goundra

Banned
Reaction score
uh, no it didn't. the Ak rd won't even TRAVEL HALF that 3.5 mile distance, much less do any damage. when you try to hit aerial targets, you have to fire before the target gets below 45 degrees, and within 30 degrees of vertical is best. Done that way, the bullets will fall within 1/4 mile,and Hatcher's notebook established that falling bullets, short of the .50 BMG 750 gr projectile, are harmless. they attain at most 120 fps, and they fall base first. this other stuff you hear about, it's all made up bs, or somebody fired from a LOT closer than the distance claimed, at a MUCH lower angle.

So this training can be done at any area that's 1/4 mile or more from town, ie, far enough for the noise to not cause problems with the neighbors. Also, it's best learned with visible in flight projectiles (ie, airsoft plastic pellets) and then with low cost, harmless at 1/4 mile (at the IDEAL launch angle of 39 degrees above vertical) .22lr, in a rifle. From a pistol, the .22 is harmless at 300 yds. the reason it says "1 mile) on the .22lr cartridge box is because people SUCK at estimating distances (especially beyond 1/2 mile)

goundra

Banned
Reaction score
uh, there's this thing called a "safety' that you don't disengage until you are raising the weapon to fire it, or theres' a hammer that can and must be thumbcocked. So you are out in left field with your bs, dude.

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have seen guns go off even with a safety on. A safety is not 100%... but that guys story seems a bit off. What are the chances ... *shrugs*. IF it was true .. the parents of the little girl should have went and bought a lottery ticket.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe when it landed it went through windows, and not walls, but the guys did get arrested. And they were over three miles from the lady who called the cops on them.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_far_can_an_ak_47_riffle_bullet_go
Like most high-powered rifles, the actual total range of an AK47 can be several miles.

By "safety" I mean that you are safe from getting into legal trouble due to your falling bullets.

goundra

Banned
Reaction score
if the gun can fire with the safety engaged, it needs to go back to the factory. Such a thing is a very rare condition. the 308 Winchester MIGHT go 2 miles, with the IDEAL angle and ammo, but not the 2300 fps 30k, or the very lw bullet of the 20Ak. U guys have obviously never looked at a ballistics chart. :) Google for one and see how fast the bullets lose velocity and energy, it will surprise you. Normal match or military loads in the 308, from a 20" barrel, are down from 2600 fps at the muzzle to 1000 fps at 1000 yds. 1760 yds to the mile, so normal 308 ammo won't even make it 20 miles, and the 30AK rd is a LOT less powerful and its bullet is a LOT less able to retain velocity, than that of the 308 Winchester, which is the 7.62x54mm Nato, same thing. It features a longer, heavier bullet, which retains its velocity better than the 7.62x38 AK round, and it starts that bulllet at 300 fps higher velocity, too, and it's basically out of steam at a mile. With a longer barrel, special match bullet and a hotter loading, you MIGHT make the 308 reach 2 miles, but I doubt it. 1.5 miles is going to be about the limit,, period. 1 mile, tops for the .30 AK variant and it's not going to be lethal at more than 1000 yds, tops. It takes about 60 ft lbs of remaining energy to be lethal, that's what the .25 auto pistol has at the muzzle, and the .25's been documented to fail to penetrate a man's temple, who was trying to commit suicide with it. :)