Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

So A-Unit

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's it like being a fan of the oh so glorious New England Cheaters? At least Barry Bonds had no idea the pitcher was going to throw a fastball on 3-1.

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

More than proud, still.

What we hear on the outside is STILL hearsay. Sure, people can blather on like idiots, but we aren't behind the scenes. We aren't power brokers, team owners, and none of us have even been top ranked collegiate athletes. I'll talk junk to back my team up, but I know that most of what I say is my opinion, and only based on facts passed down through a multitude of hands and minds, and therefore, I put no real stock in anything unless I'm actually there and part of it, so that I can confirm the truth of it.

I listen to sports talk all day, and I listen to idiots get blown up off the radio who presume to know anything. If they did, they would be in the seat of the broadcasters, or working for the teams, or coaching, or strategizing. It would be glorious if people embraced their ignorance. It takes a true genius to talk on the level most broadcasters do.

That would be like trying to contradict Mystery or Neil Strauss on the elements of "picking up chicks." These players and owners do it 24/7, so I'm not going to presume they did anything wrong/right and be like all the other sheep who will care and worry and talk crap and get emotional based on 4th, 5th, or 6th level knowledge, over a case that doesn't concern me.

I don't own the team, nor the players.
Going to the game isn't nearly as fun as watching it on a 52" flat HDTV, since you only see half the game for half the time.
Is it worse than Bonds, Vick, or the NBA scandals?
How about Pacman Jones' antics?

Ask me if I care?

I don't know. No more than the San Francisco Giants fans cared about Bonds doing drugs. He was STILL a good hitter, albeit he used drugs. But since you don't know who else used drugs, you can't only persecute bonds. You either persecute ALL of baseball, or none of it. Nobody can conclude what pitchers and closers were on it, and we are still getting more people each day who use it.

Lastly, although it is banned, the AVERAGE man, even the average gym rat using drugs, has no concept of what PRO athletes endure over their lifetime. The blows an NFL football player takes week in and week out are insane, to the point it practically requires drugs just to be on par and recover. Sure, the average fan wants to BELIEVE these are normal men who are slightly better off than we are, but it isn't true. Football players are just people who are work harder, they are genetic freaks compared to the fan base of all sports.

Man will always seek an edge in anything he does, even if it borders on cheating. And is it cheating if there's no law to be broken? The very spirit that seeks to push the border is the very spirit that has made the world and kept this country moving in the direction it is going.

So in my round about way...I cheered loudly and proudly on Sunday, wore my jersey, and will continue to do so, because unlike most fans, I take nothing from the game but the enjoyment of watching it. I discarded all notions that sports or ANYTHING on tv was pure and natural.

If you buy that, then have you seen the NEW REALITY TV SHOW called "REAL WORLD" and "THE HILLS???" Can you believe MTV found all these hot people, living such perfect lives and is able to film them to near storybook perfection?!?!? Man...tv is great. It's so....UNscripted.

A-Unit

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
and every team does this, they just happened to get caught.

It's the same thing with steroids. Every team has players who do steroids but its not a big news article until someone gets caught doing it and when they do, that team is put under the spotlight.

and you know what they say, "If you aint cheating, you aint trying"

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
LOL...I can't believe such a big deal is being made out of this.

The defensive coordinators are in PLAIN SIGHT on the opposing sidelines. Sometimes they're even shown on TV. It's not like these signals are some playbook stolen from someone's office or something...they're there for anyone to see.

Some people have photographic memories and could recall and decode the defensive signals WITHOUT the aid of video cameras. The video camera is really just a memory aid. To me, it's a stupid rule and much ado about nothing.

If defensive signals were that critical, then the NFL would allow them to call plays in to defenses via headsets like they do with QBs, instead of forcing them to use hand signals.

The league doesn't do that, though, because they WANT defensive signals to be difficult to relay. They WANT high-scoring games to keep the league exciting.

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

/agreed.

I played lowly flag football, and teams would always try to copy signals ahead of time. Even if you do copy the signal, you still have to DEFEND the play, which is about 90% of the outcome anyways.

I really could careless. The pats will come out victorious anyways, as they always do. Kraft is a master money-maker, and can suffer any fine, if it means testing the waters on suspect methods to win.

Putting a camera there does not mean jack crap that the Pats learned anything. Listen to Boston radio and you can here the many different ways it would be nigh impossible for that footage to be beneficial during the game. And even if you cataloged ALL the signals a team calls, it would still be impossible to GUESS which one they are about to use.

Several ex football players admit they change the calls each game, they use multiple signal callers, and many different covers and activators to throw anyone who would snoop off the course.

Who cares?
Let's play ball.

If the outcome of a game is determined by the very small film a team has, in this day and age of technology and media recording, then that team truly sucks.

A-Unit

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha, people are making a bigger deal about this than anyone did when Shawne Merriman tested positive for steroids and then was still elected to the Pro Bowl. Silly.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol, i remember when i was I want to say 16 and i was playing AAU basketball in an out of state torunment, and we I got matched up with DeJaun Wagner, who went on to be the 6th overall pick i the nba draft and was touted as the next allen iverson.. but better becuase he's bigger and stronger.. and if it wasn't for injuries.. he might have been. lit up the leage his rookie year.

anyway, ****... I know what was coming every damn play. **** they only ran 4 set plays with a motion offense. but knowing is only 10% of the battle. i still got my ass toruched for 40 something points in 3 quarters. **** if I stepped in front of him, he'd pull up and knock a J in my eye. If I played him to cloose I was gone. and if I got help, he found the open man. it didn't matter that we knew what was going on.

you can tell how many people actually play sports. or have played sports lol... WTF is "competitive advange".. what kinda **** is that? look at USc's football roster and tell me that's not a competetive advantege to have an HS all amerian 5th sting running back.. (litearly)

**** when I went to the game 2 years ago when my razorbacks got rocked 70-17 you think they didn't have an idea what was coming? man, they prepared 6 freaking months for that game. it dind't matter. we could have put 20 men on the field and would have gotten beat.

In horse racing, Tood Plether won the Eclipse award for best trainer2 years in a row.. literarly.. the next day after he won it last year, his barn got raided and they found a mini science lab full of illegal drugs and he was banned for 90 days.

and I know of one of his 5 derby horses that had more illegal drugs in him going into the derby than Anna Nocole Smith would at a aftyer party.

Patrick Biancone, got banned from Hong Kong...twice... for cheating using illegal drugs. whaty does he do? come to Ameirca and gets one of the biggest owners if not the ibggest in the world to back him, Michael Tabor.. he quickly produces a horse by the name of LIon heart, who came in 2nd in the derby... well.. 3weeks ago, give or take.. actually longer, about 2 monts go, his bard got raided and they found snake venom.. which is highly illegel.. hell it's illegel to own a posionous snake, let alone the venom. it deadens the nerves of hroses, so they dont' realize the pain they are in. it can lead to catostrpohic breakdowns.. if a horse breaks his leg and he doesn't know it and he's still running 45 miles per hour=death.

but because these guys are backed by big money owners.. they literarly get slapped on the risk. Patrick got a wopping 10 day suspension and get this. a 10k fine. let me put that in persepctive. in the million dollar cash call mile, which he won with lady of venice the day after all this happened, his take was 60k. plus the 3200 bucks or so he gets per month per horse he trains. yeah.. all of a wopping 10k and a 10 day vacation.

i've seen 10k claiming trainers get banned for years literarly for the same offense

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
squirrels said:
LOL...I can't believe such a big deal is being made out of this.
I can't believe you're making a little deal out of this.

The defensive coordinators are in PLAIN SIGHT on the opposing sidelines. Sometimes they're even shown on TV. It's not like these signals are some playbook stolen from someone's office or something...they're there for anyone to see.
Actually, it is. Haven't heard the rumors that they were listening in on the Jets playbook as well? PFT reports they had the plays figured out, then Brady was told presnap the whole defensive alignment.

Some people have photographic memories and could recall and decode the defensive signals WITHOUT the aid of video cameras. The video camera is really just a memory aid. To me, it's a stupid rule and much ado about nothing.
So what you're saying is that knowing the team's playbook and calls doesn't matter? The rumor is that they deciphered the whole Jet's team playcalls during halftime based on the camera footage. It's one thing to go off someone's memory. It's another thing to have someone videotaping it. One's legal. One's not. Do we need to really compare what's in someone's head vs. camera footage?

If defensive signals were that critical, then the NFL would allow them to call plays in to defenses via headsets like they do with QBs, instead of forcing them to use hand signals.
That came up. Want to take a guess which owner voted against that? I wonder why...

The league doesn't do that, though, because they WANT defensive signals to be difficult to relay. They WANT high-scoring games to keep the league exciting.
So you just made a big argument to prove what? Belicheck did the right thing to win, and the NFL secretly is proud of what Belicheck has done?

Don't try to tell me this is another steroid thing where everyone does it. Everyone cheats, but not to this degree.

So basically we got a Pats fan, a A-Unit fan, basketball fan telling me that what happened is excusable? Do you guys even watch football? When you hear one year suspensions and 1st round draft picks being taken away, I don't think you can pull out the "it's not a big deal" argument.

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
doctoroxygen said:
Haha, people are making a bigger deal about this than anyone did when Shawne Merriman tested positive for steroids and then was still elected to the Pro Bowl. Silly.
Let me think: Shawn Merriman going ape**** on your QB once or twice a game, or the opposing team knowing your team's complete play where the holes will be in the defense and who's blitzing and who' not.

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not a big deal, huh boys?

Bill Belichick was hit with a $500,000 fine Thursday night -- the maximum allowable by NFL by-laws -- for violating the league's policy on videotaping the Jets defensive signs Sunday. In addition, Roger Goodell notified the Patriots that they would forfeit a 2008 first-round draft choice if they reach the playoffs, or second- and third-round picks if they do not qualify for the playoffs. The club was also fined $250,000.

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It sucks they lost draft picks. The money is nothing. We are talking about Kraft here. He poops and wipes his butt with hundred dollar bills.