"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Smooth's Guide to IM [P1]

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 21, 2002
Messages
1,230
Reaction score
0
We don’t typically speak of the same topics online as we do in real life. The emotionless discussion that takes place typically revolves around repetitive topics, debate or discussion of private issues. The social boundaries set upon people tend to loosen up a bit, allowing people to speak of topics still taboo in our society.

Given, emotion can be subjectively attached to a certain conversation. The use of textual variety and simple graphics allow for nearly every emotion to be shared. The emotional significance of a text conversation is a sacred feeling felt by only the two individuals holding the conversation. A conversation loses all of its significance and emotional background (all forcibly drawn from their history) when another person views it. This is why for example, you can find something amazingly hilarious, whereas your friend doesn’t find the humor in it (revolving around something someone said online).

Where this leads us is the pursuit of forcing emotions onto other people using text and all of its counterparts.

I think we must first discover the manner in which an emotion is achieved through the reading of mere pixels (or words if you prefer to be more elaborate).

This is new grounds for me to even try to venture on, so bare with me as I try to unmask the connection between text and the emotional response felt by the reader.

Since history began (in contrast to prehistory) there has been an emotional response to letters/words – regardless of what they specifically signify, they all were linked to a response from the reader…

In the early civilizations such as Babylon, Assyria and Ancient Egypt – reading/writing was regarded as a skill that was learned by only the gifted/blessed. Presently, nearly everyone in America has the ability to read and write.

Presently… people communicate with each other in a manner outside of oral speech. Never before have people been capable of literally communicating in real-time, without any oral communication whatsoever. This devolvement is the product of the written language being common knowledge – and the obvious technological advancements.

So today, you can logon to AOL Instant Messenger (the most commonly used Instant Messaging tool amongst the teens these days) and talk to virtually 200 people simultaneously. Even more, but I felt the limit for the maximum number of people allowed to be monitored would be appropriate.

The DJ, a creature that was naturally produced since even the Neolithic period -- looks at this textual form of communication… There is no way to show REAL emotion with it, he thinks. There is no way to kino a girl, there is no way to gaze into her eyes, there is no way to have her feel what I want her to feel. Why the hell should I bother?

I won’t disagree completely with that point. We must accept something as a society (The DJ society). Instant Messaging is more popular than the telephone for our generation. We must embrace it just as we do everything else. We must not deny its existence.

Why? So we don’t alienate ourselves. So we can use it to our own advantage. Another tool for communication is another tool for control.

Text messaging has its limitations, just as the telephone does. Text’s are more severe, but it no doubt has even more broad advantages. The point I’m making here?

Like it or not, text messaging is going to become an essential part of your arsenal. I can already hear the oldies at SoSuave groaning “Smooth has gone off the deep end…” and maybe I have.

I sincerely do not care. We must adapt. There is no avoiding the communicative evolution that has taken place, and continues to.

What does this mean for us?

It means we must figure out the most viable way to seduce and attract women with text messaging – and use it minimally due to its severe repercussions and limitations.
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2003
Messages
1,244
Reaction score
11
Location
.
You have just flipped my views on this topic around, :p but still, i await the second part.. i am very interested now.
 

Porky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
0
I never talk to girls I'm interested in for more than 5 or 10 minutes at a time, and I never IM them first. If we do get into a conversation, then after a few minutes I break it off saying I have to go out.

Seems to work.
 
Top