smoking-how long do you think it takes to see results?

Dean

Don Juan
Reaction score
ive been smoking for ten years now,the last 3 years ive been smoking heavily......

ive quit 4 times lasting no longer than 14 days,ive come to a point in my life, its time to pack it,its affected my health in a big way....

the skin on my face,is not clear,is aged more than it should be, i have redness around my nose and in other areas of my face
and i get out of breath easily,there have been times ive gone nuts on cardio,and this has made me feel a lot beter.

now dont get me wronge,ive been smoking for years and i dont think im going to be 100% in a matter of months,infact i know it will take decades to correct the damage caused to my lungs by this sick habbit and my own stupidity.

im going to attack the road work-cardio 5 days per week and bike riding 2 days per week,split as in one week 3 runs,to rides,the next 3 rides and two runs.

i know this will get the blood pumping round my body and perhaps clear up my face?

few months do you all think? i strongly belive i will feel beter in one week!!!

cant wait,,any one else here given up smoking? how long it take ya:0

Dean

Don Juan
Reaction score
i dont want to smoke,its little to do wit moderation,either way its crap

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
It's not that difficult. If you really want to quit,quit.

If you don't have the mental constitution to quit then imagine each faggoty cigarette you put to your lips is a smooth white c0ck.

If you still feel the need to spark up after that perhaps you should start biting the pillow?

Dean

Don Juan
Reaction score
na man i dont think youve read what ive wrote,maybe you should...

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The effects are immediate. As soon as you light up you look cooler and tougher.

The Truth

Banned
Reaction score
Jeez, you've had some pretty useless replies so far.

I gave up smoking a month ago and wrote about it in a journal here:

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=106523

Hope this helps somehow. You will notice positive benefits within as little as a few days, but the benefits keep coming. It's very gradual though so you won't wake up one day feeling better.

It's more a case of noticing benefits from time to time. Like when I look in the mirror and see my skin, teeth and eyes look clearer than I'm used to. Feeling fresher and noticing how better I smell. Putting my high sex drive to use. And exercise suddenly starts to feel easier.

I would suggest you read Allen Carr's book, but the important thing about quitting is to focus on how horrible it is. Whenever you get a craving after that, just think of the smoke going in your eyes, making you smell, the horrible after taste and clogged lungs afterwards. It will help reduce the cravings.

Doggystyle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
every time i quit i started up the cardio big time like you are doing, i wouldn't recommend doing this, your taking too much on at once. this is one of the traits ex smokers tend to do..... take too much on at once.

just do a little light cardio for now if your used to non

if your going cold turkey method then you will notice better results quicker, then first 2-3 days cold turkey are the hardest, hell in fact! but after that then it is a lot easier as all the nicotine should of left your body. take some days off work or do it over a weekend for the first couple of days.

you should notice your skin improving after a week, after a month it will be pretty good. thenredness will almost of gone round the nose ( i had this too) and you will look and feel less tired.

focus on the positive benifits to motivate you, thats pretty much all the alan carr book says

Dean

Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks for the good advice guys,ive tried the relaxed aproach to it before,taking days off work etc, it will not work for me, i need to be active.

the reason for heavy cardio is so i can let out my agression,and once ive done that run i can say to my self see how much beter you feel?

cant wait
starting NOW

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:
I smoke cigars daily and still hit the gym 5-6 days per week. It's all about moderation.
Dude, cigars are not near the same as cigarettes. Cigars are not addictive unless your name is Sigmund Freud, and that's cuz of how they are smoked. You inhale cigarettes, and they are VERY addictive.

wunnaBsmooth

Don Juan
Reaction score
I did it!

I stopped smoking AND I quit caffeine on the same day.... Feb 13 2005.

Of course, I had a little boost in the name of a panic attack that I was sure was a heart attack.............. I decided that if THAT was what a heart attack was even like, I didn't want any part of that sh1t!

Depending on your body chemistry, you can expereience withdrawl symptoms for a long time... (I did for at least 3 months...)
When you stop smoking, remember to eat well. Your glucose levels will probably drop some and you might experience dizziness... But it's worth it!

DO NOT REPLACE SMOKING WITH A PHYSICAL ACTIVITY LIKE WORKING OUT! As some one said earlier, you will be trying to do too much all at once. Something or both activities will NOT become a consistant new life style. And you'll end up continuing to be a smoker....... And you'll probably smoke more than you did before you tried to quit!

I wish you Good luck! Stopping smoking is one of the best decisions you'll ever make!

Doggystyle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
wunnaBsmooth said:
I stopped smoking AND I quit caffeine on the same day.... Feb 13 2005.
I tried that, almost through my monitor across the office in rage!