Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

smoking and women

daring wraith

Don Juan
Reaction score
Smoking..... Its suave, its sophisticated........ and apparently its a big turn off.

With all the attention from the media nowadays about how smoking promotes bad health and the current "get fit" trend that has taken the world socially by storm, leads me on to my next question, purely out of academic interest, which is:

In your experience do women dislike or like smokers? If you do smoke have you found it that it has made you less desirable to women?

guywhoneedshelp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of them say they dislike it but it's not enough to keep them from banging a guy that smokes.

Tear Gas

Don Juan
Reaction score
i actually think it's sexy when a women smokes, but i've heard many women say smoking is a BIG turn off. I dont see what the big deal is. I've heard women turn down a guy JUST because he smokes...

Dragon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Now THIS is s subject that I'll be really biased about. Smoking sucks, is bad, and is a HUGE turn off.... at least for me. There's been women that I've approached and I cut the conversation short because she smelled like an astray. I personally would not date a girl who smokes.

I hate it! Stop smoking because it's BAD BAD BAD!

Now, I do agree with guywhoneedshelp where that still wont keep a girl from banging a guy she likes.... unfortunatelly so because then a lot less people would smoke.

BlakeW5

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, smoking CAN look sophisticated, just depends on how you do it. Then again fiending for a cigarette and hacking up mucus kind of kills the sophistication.

I think a lot of people are turned off by smoking including smokers. I smoke but I stil don't like girls that smoke (weird huh?). However, if they do I accept it. Girls often tend to be the same way. They may say it turns them off, but they'll still hook up with a smoker if they're attracted to him. If anything smoking is just a hurdle that one has to jump, it isn't a roadblock.

Personally I've never been turned down because I smoke, and I've dated some health freaks too. The only thing I noticed is that it took me a little bit longer to progress with them, and I imagine the smoking had something to do with it.

So to answer your question, yes I think they dislike smokers (unless they smoke), but as a smoker myself I've never felt that it made me less desirable to a woman, even to the ones that have told me they hate smoking.

orly

Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of them say they dislike it but it's not enough to keep them from banging a guy that smokes.
This is what I've seen too.

I never smoked, but I started this year. I sorta came to a conclusion one of the best places/circumstances to approach girls is during "smoke breaks" or the smoking area of a club, etc. Obviously all the girls would be smokers.

Though it does, in fact, create approach opportunities, it never got me anywhere, so I quit. Maybe it's because I hadn't been smoking long (< year), but I didn't have any trouble whatsoever.

Tantric

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't smoke...a girl that smokes is not a turn-off for me.

It really depends on how the connection is. If the connection is really cool, then I can overlook the smoking quite easily...until I TRAIN her not to smoke...ha!

Nonetheless, I still carry a lighter, and will smoke depending on the social circumstance and my mood...

Effington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As others said, it's generally a negative (I don't know anyone who said they prefer smokers), but not necessarily a deal breaker. It definitely is more of an issue with ex-smokers, for obvious reasons.

Addendum: A note to whoever said to give a girl a hard time about smoking...that is a freaking HUGE no-no. Don't you know that the huge, huge majority of smokers have tried to quit, or would if they had more will-power? I don't know any smokers, who, given the option, wouldn't stop if there were no withdrawal consequences. I'm an ex-smoker myself, and even though I no longer smoke, still get that craving after too many drinks on any given night.

Last edited:

Groovy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women smoking is a no no... :nono: Whenever you see a women smoking, do as I do! Tell her, "hey show me your hand!" or something like "Can I see your hand?" and then, when she does, slap it! :p Then say, girls shouldn't smoke, it's bad for your health! OR Didn't momma tell you not to smoke? :crackup: Maybe even tease her that you won't kiss her if her breath stinks, or something like that. (Then you can even give her a gum or something. Give her the gum inplying that you're gonna kiss her but don't. And then kiss her out of the blue some time later... haha! :p )

And about Men who smoke... I think girls find it totally badass! I know a lot of different groups, some do sports ocassionally, some do this and that, but from ALL of the groups, the most badass, coolest groups are all smokers. These guys are the same age, and however, they (almost) all have beards, (Altough some are kind of jerks), and they are the ones who BY FAR get the most girls. And I mean BY FAR the most alpha group of school. I don't know how they manage to keep so high testosterone (I do sports every day, haven't MB'd in a month, am the tallest by far, etc, and still these guys can look more alpha/as alpha as me... I don't know how lol, maybe just the personality?) The point is, maybe in HS the most testosterinized males tend to smoke?

I admit that some of these guys are unhealthy and sometimes their mood is a little angry (I never saw them getting depressed, only angry) but they are the most alpha ones, and girls don't have any problem that they smoke, I think they even consider it high status.

I think girls find it okay to smoke, it makes them look "bad boys". They all ride motorcycles and skate, if you're wondering, so you can see the image. They are sort of healthy.

And they smoke ganja AND cigarretes... I personally NEVER smoke cigarretes (I think it's disgusting) and keep my health okay, so I don't think I'd ever get turned down because of that.

My point is that you can totally look very alpha and still smoke, girls won't have a problem, some of them (Maybe I even dare say most of them?) will even like it.

If you do smoke at bars however, that maybe won't keep women away from you, but it does make you look kind of bad. Be sure to have mints!

The funny thing is I don't see stupid nice guys guys smoking, only alphas/jerks smoking. Either way... I DON'T recommend you to smoke cigarretes unless someone threatens you to death. :nono:

And btw this is girls and smoking, I don't know about women. hope this helped! :D And another note, I live in europe. Don't know if this matters.

Sicx

Don Juan
Reaction score
Groovy - You think that way about the smokers because your 16 and people in your school probably think its "cool" to smoke.

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like women that smoke. They tend to be more social because they can't run away as fast.

But really it depends on how you define dating. I wouldn't want a smoker for an LTR. But smoking doesn't even register if I just want to sleep with her.

hell695

Don Juan
Reaction score
well I smoke it's caused me trouble infact it has actually created oppertunities for me but i should mention were I'm from it seems like more ppl smoke then don't smoke

MascaraSnake

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
depends on the woman...

Smoking in this country tends to be associated with being morally bankrupt (thanks, Nancy Reagan). I've honestly found that people who smoke over here are far more open-minded and won't kiss ass to please.

I wouldn't do it (I'm a health nut, and I don't like the lingering smell), but I've got nothing against people who do if they at least try to counter it by staying in decent shape. If you're gonna inhale CO into your lungs like that, you should probably eat well and exercise...

Groovy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sicx said:
Groovy - You think that way about the smokers because your 16 and people in your school probably think its "cool" to smoke.
Now that I read that post again I don't really know what I was saying... that sounded a bit too much highschool lol. but yeah, the most testoterinized guys in hs do smoke, general rule, at least in my school.

But I think poeple don't think it's "cool", actually it's kind of the oposite, they think it's taboo, and that's why people think it's "bad".

I think I'm going to avoid it (Just twice a week tops) and no cigarretes, I think it's better that way. It slows down your SI :crazy: .

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Turn off you serious? Well, I'm not sure about in the city or anything, but around universities A LOT of chicks tend to smoke.

CarbonFX

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, they say they don't but that's just a lie, I know a lot do I guess it can depend who you hang out with.

Also, girls that smoke are kinda a turn on, but at the same time it becomes a turn off when they are dependent on it. How bizarre lol